Chapter 1

Sweet Boy

Jongin rolled over onto his back as he woke up, his hands forming fists and rubbing at his eyes tiredly. He pushed the chocolate brown hair out of his face with a sigh, pouting at the harsh light coming through his window. His gaze drifted slowly around the room, settling on a large half packed suitcase. He frowned slightly at the sight, before realization hit him. He sat bolt upright in bed, a huge grin on his face. Today was the first day of summer holidays, meaning tomorrow he was going on a month long trip on a cruise ship in celebration of him finishing high school.

Bouncing up and down on the bed in excitement, his mind wandered to thoughts of how amazing this vacation was going to be. They were going to stop off at small islands, there would be a pool, they would be surrounded by ocean…

Squealing, and with the grin still on his face, he dived for the phone on his bedside table, hurriedly dialing his best friend’s number.

After a few rings, Sehun picked up the phone with a breathless, “Jongin?”

“Sehun!” he exclaimed, bringing his knees up to his chest, “Can you believe we’re leaving tomorrow?” Sehun and Jongin’s family had decided to go on the cruise together, their mothers being best friends and all.

Sehun gave a winded laugh before panting out, “You sound pretty excited.”

Jongin’s eyes widened at Sehun’s voice. “Hunnie, why are you so out of breath?”

“Ah, well you’re never awake this early, and when I heard your ringtone I thought you might be in trouble so I kind of sprinted… to the phone…” He coughed awkwardly.

Jongin let out a delighted giggle. “Nope. I’m just really happy, sorry for worrying you.”

“Don’t worry about it, I’m glad you’re so happy.”

Jongin tilted his head to the side, like he always did when he as thinking, “But Sehun, you really should exercise more if you’re out of breath from running a few metres.”

Unbeknownst to the other boy, Sehun flushed bright red with embarrassment, slapping his forehead for humiliating himself in front of Jongin. “I-I’ll keep that in mind.”

Eager to get to packing, Jongin leapt up from the bed, saying a cheerful goodbye to Sehun who spluttered one back before quickly hanging up. Giving a startled look at his phone, Jongin brushed it off, focusing instead on pulling on some clothes without falling on his face.

Jongin was, once the initial shyness wore off, a bright, bubbly boy, who people seemed to adore no matter what. He was born into a rich family, with a father in a very high position of power, but it had never once gone to his head. He loved all people, rich or poor, and was immediately trusting of people. However, as a businessman, Jongin’s father knew of the danger of the trusting nature his son had, however beautiful it was. So, he had fiercely protected the boy over his life, in the process, accidentally making him incredibly socially oblivious and, well, innocent.

Jongin, still halfway through pulling on a jumper, bounced out the door, almost walloping a maid.

“Ah, sorry!” Jongin said, forcing his head into the clothing and giving a smile to the girl. He took off again to the kitchen, unknowingly leaving the girl stunned and blushing.

He arrived in the dining room that led off from the kitchen just as his mother was getting up from the table.

“Oh, Jongin!” she exclaimed, letting out a surprised smile, “What on earth are you doing up this early?”

Jongin ran over to his mother, gripping her in a warm hug, spinning her around a couple of times. “I’m just so excited for tomorrow! Can you imagine how much fun it’s going to be?”

His mother laughed affectionately, taking a step back to grab his face and squish his cheeks together. “Anything’s fun with your adorable self around.”

Jongin’s giggle was interrupted by a loud, warm voice from the kitchen saying, “Jongin? It’s seven in the morning, are you feeling alright?” The owner of the voice walked into the room, a tall, large old man wearing a huge grin.

“Chef!” Jongin barreled over to him, sure to include him in the morning hug fest. “I know it’s earlier than usual, but you wouldn’t happen to have any breakfast for me, would you?” He asked, his smile squishing his eyes into little half moons.

The older man cooed, tapping Jongin’s nose. “I’ll see what I can do.”

Thanking him, Jongin felt his phone buzz. He sat down to check the message, smiling when he saw it was from Sehun.

From: Hunnie<3

I hope u havnt accidently killed any1 in excitemnt. I no how u can get :P x

Jongin giggled at the message, quickly typing a reply.

To: Hunnie<3

Aren’t you excited as well 0.0?? We’re going on a cruise ship for a whole month :D :D :D :D !!!! xxx

He placed his phone down on the table and looked up to meet his mothers twinkling eyes.

“M-Mum?” he stammered out with wide eyes, as a sly grin began to form on her lips. “What are you smiling at?”

“Were you just texting Sehun?” she asked, resting her chin in her palm.

“Well… yes? But why are you asking?” Jongin replied, very confused at his mother’s behavior.

“You were smiling an awful lot.”

“Because Sehun is funny.”

“You know…” she started, reaching out to fuss about with his fringe, “I think he likes you.”

Jongin was now officially very very confused. “Of course he likes me, we’re friends.”

Sighing, the woman took her hand away from her son’s hair, instead placing it on his own hand. She knew that the boy was incredibly naïve when it came to these kinds of things, and she would have to approach it carefully so as not to scare him off. Preferably, she would have left the subject alone forever, and let her son live his life without the risk of heartbreak, but she wanted her son to feel love for someone and experience everything the world had to offer.

Also, sappy business aside, she thought Sehun and Jongin would be the cutest damn couple in the world.

Deciding to take a different tactic, she cleared before saying, “Do you like Sehun?”

A blinding smile lit up his face. “Yes mum, more than anything. He’s my best friend ever.”

Squeezing his hand, she continued, “And how do you feel around him?”

Still smiling, he replied, “Happy. Really happy and warm and cozy and safe. I don’t know mum I just feel really really happy. Why are you asking this?”

Happy with the response, his mother smiled fondly at him. “No reason. Anyways I better get going, I’m a busy woman you know.” She stood up from the chair and was about to say goodbye to her son when she noticed him staring intently at the table. “Jongin, are you okay?”

Startled, he looked up quickly, blinking at her a few times. He swallowed, glancing back down at the table with a slightly puzzled expression. “It’s just… well I always feel happy around Sehun, but sometimes I feel kind of… nervous?” He bit his lip, looking up at his mum. “But not in a bad way just like… like when dad brings home presents and you get really excited like your tummy’s fizzing or something like-“

“Butterflies?”

Jongin’s mouth formed an ‘o’, nodding slowly. “Yes! Like butterflies in your tummy exactly! What does that mean?”

The woman leant down and hugged her son tight. She pulled away, about to give him some comforting words, when the Chef came into the room, carrying a tray with scrambled eggs and toast, along with a variety of other fruits and pastries.

Sending a wink to the woman, the Chef turned to Jongin, speaking while placing the food down. “Why don’t you ask Sehun what it means? I think he might know.” The two adults grinned cheekily at each other, while an oblivious Jongin dived into his food, feeling a weight lifted from his shoulders.

“Really? Oh thank you so much Chef I will ask him. Oh and thank you for the food it’s delicious!” He spoke between mouthfuls, eyes sparkling at the amazing meal.

“Not a problem little man.”

Jongin felt his phone buzz and quickly put his fork down, eagerly checking the message.

From: Hunnie<3

Y wouldnt I b excitd? I get 2 hang out with u 4 a month :) x

 

 

 

Authors Note

*cringes deeply*

Can you tell I've never written fanfiction before hhahaahah i sure can hahaahahah *sobs*

Tell me watcha thought critisism is greatly welcomed (seriously tho i need help here haha)

Alrightio well I'm going back to my cave now see ya later alligators