Chapter 2

Sweet Boy

Jongin was lying on his back to the right of Sehun, his head propped up on a pillow, wrapped up in one of Sehun’s jumpers, watching the movie intently. Sehun was finding it very hard to breathe. The jumper was a bit too loose on Jongin, and it was shifted to one side, revealing a fairly large amount of smooth skin and sharp collarbone. Sehun was using inhuman amounts of willpower to remain lying to the left of Jongin, in the same position as him.

It was the night before the cruise, and Jongin was driving in Sehun’s car in the morning, so Sehun had suggested that Jongin stay the night at his to make it easier. It was a poor excuse, given that they lived next door, and judging by the knowing look Jongin’s mum had sent him, everyone saw right through him. Well, except Jongin of course. He’s far too kind to ever suspect an ulterior motive. So here they were, watching Alvin and the Chipmunks, because Jongin adored that movie, and Sehun adored Jongin.

It was extremely cold for a summer’s night, even if it was early summer, and Jongin had shivered in his shirt until Sehun had offered him a jumper. Which was what led to his current predicament, of being on a bed, roughly thirty centimeters away from Kim Jongin, who was currently wearing his jumper, with dangerous amounts of perfect skin showing.

He cleared his throat, forcing himself to turn back to the movie, which he honestly could not make heads or tails of. There were a lot of flashing lights and extremely high pitched voices, and he was pretty sure that was the bald guy from She’s the Man.

He was abruptly broken out of his confusion when he felt Jongin suddenly grab his hand and nuzzle his face into it, resting his cheek in his palm, with a small smile on his face.

Sehun was not breathing, his heart was pounding a mile a minute and electric sparks were whizzing through his body.

He stared wide-eyed at the beautiful boy who was currently using his hand as a pillow, his satin like skin cool on Sehun’s, sending goosebumps up his arm. When Sehun moved next door to Jongin a year ago, and immediately fell head over heels with the boy, he soon noticed that he was very strong on skinship. He didn’t mind touching one bit. However, rather than the constant contact with Jongin making him immune, it seemed to make him hypersensitive, with even the slightly touch proving a serious threat to his health.

Which is why Sehun was having a mini meltdown, as the most perfect human being he’d every met nuzzled his hand.

Jongin turned his face towards his fingers, his lips coming to rest just above the first knuckles. Sehun gripped the sheets tightly, hardly daring to believe that Jongin’s lips were currently touching his hand. How could the boy have no idea of the effect he was having on Sehun? How could someone so incredibly stunning be oblivious to this.

Sehun felt Jongin’s lips curve into soft smile, before mumbling, “Your hand’s really warm.” Sehun marveled at the velvet like feeling of lips moving against his skin, coupled with the thick hot air expelled through them.

Sehun really should have seen it coming, but he didn’t, so he almost died when Jongin rolled over, his stomach molding onto Sehun’s hip, his right hand splaying across his chest and one leg nestling in between his thighs. His head rested on Sehun’s shoulder as he grinned up at him. “You’re really warm. I hope you don’t mind.”

“N-not at all.” Sehun managed to squeak out. His heart leaping out of his chest in joy as Jongin settled into the side of his body, their frames slotting perfectly together. “A-aren’t you going t-to finish the movie?”

Jongin yawned loudly, blinking up at Sehun with adorable, tired eyes. “I’m feeling a bit sleepy. Can we please go to bed now instead?” he asked quietly, the hand on Sehun’s chest rubbing absent-minded circles.

Swallowing thickly, Sehun opted for nodding, not quite trusting his vocal chords. Careful not to disturb the sleepy boy, Sehun reached for the remote and turned the TV off. He then gently pulled the covers up from the other side of the bed and placed them over him and Jongin, like a blanket taco. He slid down slightly, getting into a comfortable position to sleep, proving to be a more than difficult task with Jongin practically suctioned to his side.

There was a few minutes of silence, and Sehun was certain Jongin was asleep. He looked down at the boy, tentatively reaching over and smoothing back his soft brown hair. At the action, two brown eyes fluttered open, staring into Sehun’s.

“J-Jongin… I thought you were asleep.” He whispered, slowly removing his hand from his locks.

“Sehun, can I ask you something?” he whispered back, his eyes barely staying open.

“Anything.”

“What are butterflies in your tummy? What do they mean?” Jongin’s eyes had closed while he was talking.

“Butterflies?” Sehun frowned a little. Why was Jongin feeling butterflies? Who around?

“Yes. The fizzy butterfly feeling. What does it mean? Mum and Chef said you would know.”

Sehun smiled a little at the adorable explanation and made a mental note to get back at Jongin's mum somehow. “Well they… they mean that you like someone.”

“Like, best friend kind of like?” Jongin’s voice was so quiet Sehun had to strain his ears.

“No. Like, wanting to kiss them and go on dates with them kind of like.”

“Oh.”

Sehun waited a few more moments, before he heard, so quiet, so quiet he almost missed it, “Do you get butterflies around anyone?”

“Yes.”

Silence.

“Do you, Jongin?”

Silence.

“Jongin?”

He was asleep.

***

The next day Jongin woke up to Sehun shaking him and shouting excitedly, “It’s the day! Today’s the day!”

Sitting up stiffly and yawning, Jongin squinted at Sehun’s dancing around the room. “I thought you were not as excited as me?”

Spinning around with a grin, Sehun shook his head. “I never said that, you just thought it. Now come on! We’re leaving in ten minutes.”

True to his word, Sehun and Jongin were in the back of the car in just under ten minutes, both of them greeting the driver warmly.

“You lucky boys going on a cruise, am I right?” the driver called back, pulling out of the drive.

Both of them smiled, Sehun confirming the answer.

“Well it’s only about a half hour drive to the harbor your majesties shall be on board in no time.” He joked, laughing along with the two boys.

The drive to the harbor seemed to go quicker than it was, with constant excited chatter between the boys, the driver interjecting every now and then. By the time they got to the cruise liner, they were both fit to burst with happiness.

Jongin’s mother got out of another car with Sehun’s mother, both of them walking up to their sons and squealing with excitement.

“You ready?” Sehun’s mum asked.

“More than ready!” Jongin laughed, as they walked towards the ship.

 

Authors Note

I feel like now might be a good time to point out ive never even seen a cruise ship irl let alone been in one. Not gonna lie here most of my info on cruise ships is coming from this freaky doco i watched a while back about this fire that started in a cruise liner and killed loads of people. dont worry tho guys it was really rare and it only happened cos of freak circumstances dw cruise liners are probs great. 

yaaay the next chappy will be meetin da boiz

i already have 2 subscribers im gonna cry yay :')