Chapter 4

Sweet Boy

They located the pool, which was on the tail end of the boat, in this courtyard like area. They had a bit of trouble getting there, given that Sehun had ripped the circle Baekhyun had drawn out, taking a fair chunk of the map with it. But none of that mattered now, because at last a very shirtless Jongin and a very flustered Sehun were swimming. Well, Jongin was swimming, Sehun was trying to read and not stare at the other’s chest.

Jongin had pestered Sehun for about five minutes before he finally gave in and went swimming by himself. Sehun really didn’t think he could handle close proximity with Jongin right now… besides, he really wanted to finish this book, he only had ten pages left. Unfortunately, it was almost impossible to get through one page with a half Jongin dripping water and waving at him every minute.

Sehun determinedly shook his head and glared down at his book. Don’t look don’t look don’t look, he chanted in his head, trying to still his heart that was about to call mutiny and force Sehun’s body into the pool.

Meanwhile in the water, Jongin pouted to himself. Sehun had refused to come into the pool, and now he wasn’t even looking at him. Maybe he’s avoiding me? The idea made his stomach churn, and he scanned his brain for anything he might have said to offend him. Coming up with nothing, Jongin frowned a little, looking grumpily in Sehun’s direction, who had his head shoved ridiculously close to his book.

Jongin was so focused on Sehun, he didn’t notice someone had come up behind him until he felt someone’s breath on his ear followed by, “Why are you alone, darling?”

Jongin shrieked in shock, leaping away from the body and accidentally falling into the water. Almost as soon as he fell, two strong arms were pulling him back up, and Jongin could hear the owner laughing softly. “Don’t worry.” The voice spoke, drawing Jongin into his chest, “I’m a lifeguard.”

He spun around the face the man, dislodging himself from his arms and blushing madly. “Ah… sorry, you surprised me is all.” Jongin said, laughing nervously.

The man stepped forward, right up to him. “Don’t be sorry darling.” Jongin’s eyes widened as he reached a hand up to his forehead, only to pull a piece of foam from his hair, obviously broken off from one of the pool toys. He then stepped back again and gave Jongin a smile. “So I’m Zitao, what’s your name?”

“Um.” He blinked, staring at Zitao for a moment, before smiling back at him. “Jongin. Thanks for helping me up.” He replied hesitantly, still smiling up at Zitao.

“Anytime. Like I said, I’m a lifeguard.”

Jongin nodded in understanding, before tilting his head in confusion. “Then shouldn’t you be, like, life saving?”

Zitao chuckled at the gorgeous boy, his lips as his eyes trailed over his body, the action, as usual, being completely overlooked by the other.

“I’m on a break. Can’t work all the time you know.”

Jongin nodded solemnly, his eyes dropping to where his hands were making swirling patterns in the water. Zitao followed the action, clearing his throat slightly to get his attention back.

Realizing he was being rude, Jongin blushed pink, clasping his hands in front of him and looking back up at Zitao. Come on Jongin, he thought furiously to himself, make a conversation! Don’t be rude!

“So, um, what do you like to do on breaks?” Jongin asked.

Zitao smirked widely -that looks painful… I wonder if he’s okay- and tried to subtly flex his arms, hoping Jongin would fall for his defined muscle. “Whatever catches my eye.”

Jongin shifted uncomfortably, wondering if it would be rude of him to recommend seeing a physiotherapist. He kind of looked like he was in pain, what with all that twitching. “Ah, well… have fun then!”

Zitao slid closer to Jongin, so that there was only inches between them. “Don’t worry. We will.”

Jongin, extremely confused, was about to reply when a huge wave of water suddenly splashed over them, plastering Zitao’s previously dry hair to his face. Jongin whipped around to see where the water came from, and found Sehun rising from the water, looking a lot like a cat that had been forced into a bath.

Jongin tried to hold back his giggles as he watched Sehun spit water out of his mouth and glare over Jongin’s shoulder.

Unaware, of the silent battle going on between Zitao and Sehun, Jongin waded over to Sehun and smiled brightly at him.

“Did you just do a canon ball?” He asked, happy that Sehun had decided to join him.

“Yes.”

Jongin laughed loudly, tugging excitedly on Sehun’s arm to drag him further into the pool, Zitao already forgotten.

The lifeguard watched on in annoyed resignation, inwardly cursing the random boy for interrupting his time with Jongin. He sighed loudly, deciding his break time was probably over.

 

Not-really-an-author note

YO YO YOU GUYS ARE SO SWEET I AM SO OVERWHELMED RIGHT NOW

seriously i was sitting in a cafe today reading all your comments AND LOOKING AT ALL YOU SUBSCRIBERS WHAT IS HAPPENING

I WANNA SQUISH YOU ALL <3

in other news yo

AUSTRALIA TOTALLY WON THE ASIAN CUP IM SCREAMING BEST DAY EVER

im sorry to any korean readers, you guys were really good like i almost peed my pants like 20 times

BUT WE WOOOON!!!! ALL MY AUSSIE BROS HELLA YEEAHHHHHH!!!