Chapter 3

Sweet Boy

By the time they had boarded the ship, found their rooms and unpacked their luggage (or in Jongin’s case, jumped on Sehun’s bed while the other unpacked), it was already mid-morning. Jongin could hardly contain his excitement, desperately wanting to go and explore the ship, but Sehun made him unpack all of his things before they went.

“This is so cruel, Hunnie.” Jongin whined, as he threw his clothes into random draws.

Sehun laughed. “You’ll thank me later. It’s better to get it out of the way now.”

Once he was finally done, Jongin’s face went back to its usual happy expression, practically dragging Sehun out the door. “Come on, come on! We have to see everything!”

Relenting, Sehun grabbed Jongin’s hand, lacing their fingers together and walking down the corridor. He completely missed the light blush that coloured Jongin’s cheeks.

They soon realised that they had absolutely no idea where they were, and they needed help pronto. Spotting a short boy in an official looking uniform standing by the elevator, Sehun decided to ask him for help.

“Hey, uh hello?” Sehun called out when they got closer, and the boy looked up with a bored expression on his face.

“HellohowmayIhelpyou.” He said in one breath, his voice completely monotone. Sehun felt a little sympathy for him. It can’t be fun to stand around for hours and watch other people have fun.

Brushing of the irritation he could practically feel rolling off the boy, Sehun continued. “Could you help us find our way around or something?”

He blinked once, looked Sehun up and down, and replied, “Not my area.”

Sehun’s patience wavered slightly. “How could it not be your area? Whose area is it?”

There was a long pause, before the boy sighed deeply and shrugged. “Not mine.”

Sehun’s jaw clenched, his previous sympathy quickly withering away.

Jongin, who was previously clinging to the back of Sehun’s shirt, his body concealed behind the other’s, shyly poked his head over the top of Sehun’s shoulder. “Do you maybe have a map?” he asked in a small voice. Sehun’s heart metaphorically burst from his chest.

Sehun had never seen anyone’s face change from sad to grinning so quickly in his life. “Hello, I’m Baekhyun, what’s your name beautiful?”

Sehun felt his eye twitch and all of his sympathy vaporise. He subconsciously moved a bit further in front of Jongin, who was blushing and hiding again, only his eyes peeking out. Completely unfazed, Baekhyun continued to smile. Creepy smile, Sehun thought.

“J-Jongin.” Jongin was slowly inching his way out from behind Sehun, much to his dismay. “And this is Sehun.”

Baekhyun didn’t even glance at Sehun, and the latter did not miss the way his eyes swept over Jongin’s body when he fully came out. “What can I help you with, Jongin?”

“Do you have a map?” he repeated, a timid smile on his face.

Baekhyun reached into his back pocket and pulled out a folded map, handing it to Jongin with a (unnecessary, in Sehun’s opinion) flourish. “For you beautiful, I have anything.” Sehun stared at Not-My-Area-Baekhyun in disbelief.

Jongin giggled – Sehun’s heart twitched helplessly – and took the map. “Thank you so much Baekhyun.”

“Here.” Baekhyun plucked the map out of Jongin’s hands, pulling a marker out of his pocket. He unfolded the map, and circled an unmarked area at the front of the ship. Jongin looked at the circle, puzzled, after Baekhyun handed it back.

“What’s the circle for?”

“That’s where the staff rooms are, in case you want to stop by sometime.” He replied with a wink.

Jongin, thankfully, completely missed the hint, and only smiled at Baekhyun as Sehun dragged him into the elevator. Sehun glared as menacingly as he could at Baekhyun as the doors slid shut painfully slow.

“Bye Baekhyun!” Jongin called, waving through the disappearing crack. Sehun breathed a sigh of relief when the elevator finally started moving.

Back on the floor, Baekhyun sighed wistfully, staring at the closed doors.

“Hey, Baek! Who were you talking to?” Chanyeol walked up to him, hands tucked in his pockets.

The smaller boy smirked. “The most beautiful boy I’ve ever seen.”

Chanyeol looked mildly put out, but he quickly recovered, grinning at Baekhyun. “No one’s as beautiful as you, Baek.”

Baekhyun gave him a bland look, before turning away and leaving the boy behind. “Shut your mouth, Yeol.”

 

Authors Note

I feel so pretentious calling these authors notes I AINT NO AUTHOR LOL

Anywho do cruise ships have lifts????? well this one does soooooo

Also I went back to school today after 6 weeks of summer holiday so I'm really sorry for the short chapter *distant sobs*

lalalalalla this was not proof read and it shows lalalalal

YOU GUYS THERE ARE SO MANY SUBSCRIBERS AND THREE OF  YOU GUYS UPVOTED IT AND THERE ARE ALL THESE BEAUTIFUL COMMENTS I ALMOST CRIED THE OTHER DAY YOU'RE ALL SO LOVELY I WANT TO HUG ALL OF YOU THANK YOU*KISS KISS KISS* i really hope my replies are going through hahaha..... anywho BYEEE you're all too fab for words