Chapter Two

The Boy In His Piano

Sleep is nice. I enjoy sleep. I used to be able to sleep. That all changed when the big-eyed freak decided to pop out of literally nowhere and ruin my life. It started with me just wondering why my subconscious started to play creepy music but I quickly realized that it wasn’t me. But it was in fact, the sandwich lover hiding in my piano. Now that I think about it, I never did make him that sandwich. It’s probably some strange form of revenge to him or it. Whatever the heck it is.

Dragging myself out of my bed at 2:30 in the morning is not ideal, but quite needed when you can’t ignore the piano music blaring throughout the entire apartment. Maybe it wants attention. Like a cat, it’ll annoy you until you act like you care about it.

I made my way to the living room and saw hands. Plenty of hands. Two to be exact. Playing the piano. I don’t even know what song it was but it was definitely not something that should be played at two thirty in the morning. It reminded me of something in a horror movie, right before the person gets strangled. But I wouldn’t be surprised, with those large eyes it could be a demon; sent from the darkest pits of the piano to torment me. Maybe I really am crazy.

“And what do you think you’re doing!?” I screeched, thoroughly annoyed.

“Oh am I not allowed to play my piano?” He fixed his ‘innocent’ eyes upon me.

“No, no you’re not. Not at 2:30 in the morning. No.” I said simply astounded at his audacity to even attempt to make a single sound so early in the morning.

“What are you worried about? No amount of beauty sleep could fix,” he looked me up and down judgingly, “that.”

“Rude. You should stop though. I have neighbors, be considerate and shut your face.”

“That sounds like a personal problem. As in, not my problem, Dumbo.” He said, his eyes honestly distracting me from everything else; how are they that big? “I know I’m beautiful, but it’s kind of rude to stare.”

“I wasn’t staring per say, just silently judging you and your creepy features.” I quickly defended myself. “Besides, my name isn’t “Dumbo”, it’s Chanyeol. Learn it. Live it. love it.”

“I’d rather not, but since we’re on the topic, Kyungsoo.”

I looked at him confusedly, “Is that a type of cheese?”

He looked at me completely taken aback, “No, you idiot, it’s my name.”

“Oh, I didn’t know that pests had names… awkward.”

“Excuse you, Dumbo. Don’t make me come out there and beat your face in.”

“Please do, I’d love to see you try to bite my ankles. You might need a step ladder though.”

“I may be shorter than you, but you’re still beneath me. Peasant.”

Our whole debate turned into a screaming match (which I obviously won, because he’s incompetent). I’m surprised it took as long as it did for the neighbors to come running, I mean, the walls aren’t exactly soundproof, and we were not being quiet by any means.

The neighbors came in the form of violent pounding on my front door. I opened it to find Mr. and Mr. Kim. “Do you know what time it is?”

“I’m well aware, but it wasn’t me. It was his fault!” I said, pointing to the piano.

They both peered around the wall to where my finger was gesturing, noticing the “innocent” piano in the corner of the room. “Well isn’t that lovely, you got a piano. We noticed.”

“No, I wasn’t playing the piano, he was.” I insisted, still wildly pointing at the spot where the big-eyed freak was not but seconds ago.

One of the Mr. Kims raised an eyebrow at me, “That’s great. Get your therapy on your own time. We’re trying to sleep.”

“I’m sure you were sleeping,” I mumbled under my breath as I practically shoved them out of my house. “Great seeing you, I’ll tell him to shut up. he probably won’t listen, but I’ll tell him.” And with that, they got a face full of door.

“Wow. It doesn’t take much for everyone you know to think of you as crazy. It’s just a matter of time until they call the police for harboring drugs. I swear.” Kyungsoo said as he popped out of the piano yet again.

“You know what? Screw you. I’m going to bed. Shut up.”

“Such a kind person. I think I made a perfect choice of coming to this house. If I ever need a second home, your ears will be perfect.”

I narrowed my eyes at him to show my distaste for that comment, and him in general, before I stalked out of the room and into my now cold bed.

Thus ended the first, but definitely not the last day and night of the Reign of Terror, now known as Kyungsoo.


AN: I caught the co-author and strapped her to a chair so we could write this. Be grateful. That being said, I'm not sure when the next chapter shall be written, so don't expect much.

If you're new, then welcome. Please subscribe, becuase that I need acceptance and love, and that's how you show it to me.

BYEBYE

Until next time.