Chapter One

The Boy In His Piano

It all started with a paper clip.  Or I guess you could say it started with a piano. Well there was a piano, and the paper clip made it worse.

 

I was sold a grand piano. When it costed less than it  normally would, that should have raised my flags, but I guess the thin air from my height has killed some brain cells of mine. Or so the piano tells me, but more on that later. Now, the paper clip, that was my fault. It was just sitting there minding its own business, when I, out of boredom, decided to straighten it. As fulfilling as damaging a perfectly good paper clip may be, I was still bored out of my mind. And so began my terrible downward spiral.

 

Faster than you could say  ‘paper clip’ I was stabbing it violently between the piano keys. Contrary to popular belief this did not ruin the piano, but did however ruin my life.

 

You could say I was a little scared for my life when a hand popped out of the lid and grabbed my wrist, the owner whispering “stop.”

 

I’d like to think that I didn’t scream like a five year old girl, but we all know what happens when people that weren’t there three seconds ago, are suddenly there.

Some people might call it magic, I call it “Holy freak, what are you doing in my piano?!”  

 

The person I had never seen before, with eyes wider than my face, started to cackle hysterically, “I didn’t know your voice could go that high. In all the time I spent listening to your freakishly deep voice I never imagined that such a squealy pig sound could come from you.”

 

I stared, dumbfounded, at the red-haired, saucer-eyed, maniac that had come out of seemingly nowhere. His head was sticking out of under the piano. Aside from his arm (which still attached to my own), the rest of his body was hidden. I didn’t know what to think. Should I be scared, or laugh because he looked hilarious? I ended up somewhere in the middle and made a scream-laugh dying duck sound.

 

“I didn’t think anything could be more annoying than that pitiful excuse for piano playing you do, but apparently I was wrong. Please shut up before you break my ears.” I quickly shut my mouth and he pet my hair with the hand that was previously holding me. The corners of his mouth twitched upward, “Good dog. Now go fetch me a sandwich.”

 

Still in shock, I wordlessly stood and made my way to the fridge, not quite sure what had just happened. As I stepped foot into the kitchen, realization came over me that there was in fact someone dwelling within my piano. If memory serves, people don’t usually dwell in pianos, but hey, who am I to judge?

 

My screams echoed down the hallway as I booked it out of my condo yelling incoherently about burglars and piano people. Needless to say, I earned some pretty strange looks. One of the people staring at me happened to be my friend, Jongin.

 

“JONGIN!” He jumped, his face growing red as now all the eyes were trained on him. He opened his mouth but I couldn’t stop the word vomit that had started to come out. “PIANO, EYES, PERSON, HAND, NO HANDS, PIANO, ALL EYES, NO FACE, SANDWICH!” I shouted, jumbling my words together, staring wide eyed at my friend, expecting him to understand.

 

He blinked, “What?” I screamed in frustration and grabbed his arm and yanked him toward my apartment.

 

“You’ll see! The piano man! No wait, he might be younger than me.... the piano human of the male variety!”

 

3rd Person

 

To Jongin it seemed that the giant had finally snapped. First the twitching and now this. Whatever ‘this’ was.

 

“Chanyeol,” he said wearily, “just calm down and we can figure this out.”

 

“I’M COMPLETELY CALM, YOU FOOL!”  He screeched. It was obvious to anyone that his mind was gone.

 

Jongin could barely make it up the stairs alive as Chanyeol was pulling him much faster than Jongin could run; he was being dragged more than he was actually walking himself.  

 

The door was ajar, swinging lightly in the breeze. “Wow, you really booked it out of here, didn’t you?”

 

“There was a guy in my piano! What was I supposed to do? Serve him tea and crumpets?!”

 

“Calm down. I was just making an observation.” Jongin raised his hands in surrender, well one of his hands, the other was turning purple from lack of circulation.

 

“Don’t tell me to calm down! I’m traumatized!” Chanyeol shoved him through the door frame and pointed at the piano dramatically. “LOOK AT IT!” Jongin starred, not seeing the problem with the grand piano before him. Chanyeol breathed heavily, his eyes trained on Jongin, waiting for any kind of reaction. “Isn’t it hideous!?” He asked after a few moments of Jongin’s confused stare.

 

“All I see is a piano…” Chanyeol’s eyes bulged and he spun around.

 

“WHAT!?” He ran over to the piano and attempted to raise the lid, but it would not budge.

 

After watching Chanyeol struggling and cursing at the inanimate object, he deemed his friend officially crazy and pointed towards the door. “Yeah, I’m just gonna….yeah, you have fun with that…” he his heel and started for the door. Chanyeol panicked.

 

“No, I swear, I’m not crazy! Just wait, he’ll be here!”  The door slammed shut and Chanyeol was left alone. Or so Jongin thought.

 

“Well, that was quite entertaining if I do say so myself,” a chuckling voice came from inside the piano. The lid lifted itself up and the wide-eyed male appeared once again. “Now about that sandwich…”

 

AN: This is not a one shot btw. There will be more... much more.