Chapter Five

Walking through a wall of fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5

 

The next few weeks were a rediscovery for both them as they relearnt what it meant to be friends. It wasn’t easy recreating those boundaries that blurred the line between friend and lover. It wasn’t easy forgetting, no burying a part of their heart for the sake of this fragile relationship. Eunhyuk found it particularly hard since he had only recently found out that this was something that was hiding in his heart. 

 

***

“Bummie…”

“Yes babe,” 

“Hae’s hungry…”

“Okay, okay, I’ll get you something to eat as soon as the game goes on break babe.”

Donghae started pouting before he shifted on the couch to face Eunhyuk, “Hyukkie…” Eunhyuk turned to face the very drunk Donghae, “Hae’s hungry” without saying a word Eunhyuk stood and went to the kitchen where he began to make some sandwiches. A few minutes later he felt arms sneaking around his waist shortly before a soft heavy weight made its way to his shoulder. He couldn’t help breathing in the sweet scent that was Donghae. Donghae suddenly mumbled something. 

“What Hae?”

“I said, I like it when Hyukkie takes care of me!” This was said loud enough that Kibum heard it over the loud sound of the  soccer match. He turned his head to the kitchen meeting Eunhyuk’s eyes over the kitchen counter. Eunhyuk suddenly felt very uncomfortable. Yet, it didn’t occur to him to detangle Donghae’s arms from his body. He liked feeling the warmth of his best friend on him. He hadn’t felt it in a long time since they had been very careful about skinship since they were starting this new phase in their friendship. 

“Hyukkie, I’m sweepy,” Eunhyuk stopped making the sandwich, “ Can you take me to bed Hyukkie,” at this Kibum immediately stood and made his way to the kitchen. He removed Donghae from Eunhyuk and then put him on his own back. 

“Come on baby, I’ll take you to bed.” Donghae started giggling.

“This is why Bummie’s my favorite!” He squealed.

Kibum stumbled a bit as he walked but as Eunhyuk made a move to help carry Donghae he refused to relinquish his boyfriend. With that the two of them disappeared towards Donghae’s room. Eunhyuk just stood there staring at the half made sandwich in front of him wondering what had happened.

 

Thirty minutes later Kibum re-entered the lounge. Eunhyuk took his eyes from the tv taking in Kibum’s flustered appearance, most notably his shirt that had not been inside out when he had disappeared with Donghae. 

“You shouldn’t take advantage of drunk people.” Eunhyuk mumbled.

KIbum threw him a sharp look, “Nothing happened, even if anything did happen, its none of your business what I do with my boyfriend.”

“None of my business,” Eunhyuk scoffed, “I’ve known him most of his life. I’m his best friend! We… I… we know each other better than we know ourselves. Hae is… Hae is mine.” That last line wasn’t meant to be said out loud but it was. Surprisingly Kibum did not react as violently as one would expect, instead he laughed. 

“I think the Donghae you remember is very different from the Donghae that’s here now. This

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter