Chapter Three

Walking through a wall of fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Donghae entered his apartment early in the morning he went straight for his room. He felt bad for leaving Eunhyuk here alone all night but, he was a big boy he could take care of himself. He changed for work and went back to the lounge where he finally noticed Eunhyuk lying on the couch. He couldn’t help but smile at the adorable sight. He went back to his room to grab a blanket that placed over Eunhyuk’s sleeping figure. He couldn’t help it. He leaned in to lightly kiss Eunhyuk’s lips. It wasn’t a betrayal of his new relationship, just a goodbye to his old one. After that he left the room to go downstairs to Kibum who was waiting for him in his car. 

 

As the door of Donghae’s apartment closed Eunhyuk opened his eyes. His hands went to his lips to feel the warmth that Donghae had left there. He really had missed all this while he was gone. He felt more determined to find out what exactly was lying in between him and Donghae. It was selfish, yes, but he owed it to himself to figure it out. 

 

*

Donghae looked around at the pleasant surprise that met him when he got back from work. 

“Oh Hyukkie! You shouldn’t have.” There in front of him there was a feast of a dinner courtesy of Eunhyuk.

“I’m staying here for free and relying on your hospitality I should earn my keep.”

“Hyukkie, we’re more than just friends, you know that,” Eunhyuk’s heart stopped, “We’ve known each other so long that we might as well be family, brothers even.” Eunhyuk’s heart dropped before it continued beating, painfully. “Aren’t we more than even that Donghae.” Eunhyuk watched Donghae’s face flinching for a moment before he quickly regained himself. “No, we’re brothers.” Donghae smiled and Eunhyuk had no choice but to return the smile. He then sat down to enjoy the food that his friend had made for him. 

“You know, this is the first time you’ve ever done anything like this for me.” Donghae said this lightly with no hint of reproach but Eunhyuk felt the guilt nonetheless, it was true, it had always been Donghae who was the giver in their relationship, Eunhyuk had always been on the receiving end. “I should have done this more often huh?” Donghae shook his head laughing lightly, “It’s ok, its good enough now.” They continued eating, and talking about all the unimportant things happening in their lives. Talking about everything and everyone in their lives except the two people that they really ought to have talked about; Kibum and Jessica.

*

After dinner Eunhyuk insisted on washing the dishes. When the dishes were done, he made hot cocoa for them both and they sat in the lounger watching Coffee Prince reruns. It had always been Donghae’s favorite show, and every time he watched it looking at his face you would think he were watching it for the first time. Eunhyuk didn’t know when he stopped looking at the show completely and just settled for staring at Donghae. Eunhyuk stared at Donghae’s face for a while, unsure about how to feel about the bubbling emotions in the pit of his stomach. He had missed looking at this face. He had never had the opportunity to truly look at Donghae before because Donghae had always been a part of the natural fabric of his life. But now that he had had a chance to be without Donghae he knew that th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter