Chapter Six

Stuck In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

They walked along the hallways of the campus in a hurry. Jackson’s mother is waiting at nearby café and Youngji can’t help but feel a little nervous from her sudden arrival. The stares they are getting from the people they were passing by did not calm her nerves either but rather makes her feel conscious.

 

 

This is the first time she and Jackson are seen together in the campus after their marriage was known to the public. She’s a married woman now. Though she refuses to get a hang of the idea yet.

 

 

“Why are you so quiet, huh?” Jackson broke the silence, sensing her discomfort. “Are you embarrassed to be seen together with me?”

 

 

“What…I…I…” Youngji looked up to him upon hearing annoyance in his voice. And she’s right, he looks like a kid throwing a tantrum at his mom even behind that straight face. His eyebrows mashed together is the proof. “…no. I’m not embarrassed, it’s just that…this is all new to me. You know…walking around the campus with my…uhm…with my h-husband.” She stuttered on the word husband, biting her lips after from shyness.

 

 

“We’re on the same boat, Youngji.” He said and took a quick peek at her under his lashes. Her cheeks are a little pink and she was looking at everywhere but him. “It’s not like I’ve been married before. It’s a first for me.”

 

 

She didn’t respond anymore and after a few steps they’ve finally arrived at the café. Youngji looked at her husband and heaved a deep breath. Even if they don’t know each other at all, she hoped that if things turned out bad later, he’ll stand up for her.

 

 

“Let’s go inside. Mom’s waiting.” He said and she nodded in response.

 

 

The moment the stopped at the far-end of the café, Jackson’s mother looked up to them from her phone. Youngji finds her really beautiful and young-looking despite having a grown-up son and a husband.

 

“Mom, we’re here.” Jackson announced and dropped a kiss on her cheek.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, omeonim.” Youngji bowed formally in greeting. “I’d like to properly introduce myself, if you don’t mind. I’m Heo Youngji, a Mass Communication student and Jackson’s…w-wife.” She said then bowed again before flashing a small smile.

 

“It’s nice to meet you, Youngji-ah. Then I shall introduce myself too,” Mrs. Wang said and looked at her. “I am Wang Jackson’s mother, Sofia Wang. You should start calling me ‘mom’ too.”

 

“Ah…neh…m-..mom..”

 

“Go ahead, take a seat, both of you. I need to be back at the office and I don’t want to take much of your time. So I’ll make this trip quick.” Mrs. Wang said as Jackson and Youngji settled beside each other, facing her. “You two are moving in together this week.”

 

Silence.

 

 

“Did I just hear ‘MOVING IN TOGETHER’ from you, mom?!” Jackson yelled, his eyes almost bulging out from their sockets. Youngji gaped at what she just heard and shook her head as if not believing the situation.

 

“What about my parents? I can’t…I…I’m sure they won’t agree to this…” Youngji had her fair share of surprised look on her face. She felt light headed, her face drained of color. Oteokke, this can’t be happening…

 

“We all agreed on it, Youngji. Everything is settled. You two are moving in at the condo I arranged three days from now. Be sure to pack your things up and I’ll have people help you to move.”

 

“Mom—“

 

“Omeoni—“

 

“Be good to each other.” Mrs. Wang looked at them with finality. “And don’t get pregnant, okay? Not…yet.”

 

“Mom—“

 

 

“Omeoni—“

 

 

“No ifs, not buts. It would be easier and  better to watch over you two if you are under the same roof. Don’t worry, you won’t be sharing the same room. I have arranged separate bed rooms for both of you.” Mrs. Wang looked at the kids panic-stricken faces. She inwardly shook her head and sighed.

 

If they think marriage is a game to be played then they should’ve think again. They should’ve thought a hundred times harder. They should’ve seen all these consequences coming. They are not a dating couple, they are a family now. And having a husband or wife comes with responsibilities and obligations.

 

 

“I should head back to my office now, if you don’t have any questions then I’m going.” And before Jackson a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter