Chapter Three

Stuck In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The sunlight penetrated through the spaces of the window curtain, lighting up the whole room. Youngji stirred a little in her sleep and after a few moments, she eventually woke up from the sunshine that warms up her skin.

 

 

She tried to open her eyes little by little, taking her sweet time. A surging pain hit her in the head as soon as her eyes were fully opened.

 

 

“Ow..sh—“ she almost cursed from the great pain in her head when she tried to sit up. Damn, it was like her brain is being hit by a gigantic sledgehammer.

 

 

So this is what they call a hangover. This is more like dying for her.

 

 

“You’re awake. Morning,” Hara greeted as she emerged from the bathroom with her hair still wet. “Gosh Youngji, I feel like dying.”

 

 

“Same. You look like a mess, Hara.” She commented upon seeing her bestfriend wasted look. Youngji winced as she tried to sit up again. “I feel like hell.”

 

 

“Said someone who looks way lot messier than me.” Hara retorted then sat on their dresser while drying her hair. “I didn’t even know how the hell we got back here in our room. Did you remember anything?”

 

 

“Nope, none. One hundred percent case of amnesia.” Youngji ran her fingers through her hair. She tried to sit up again and after exerting so much effort she finally did.

 

 

Slowly, she stood up and just like what she was expecting the wave of pain hit her again. But she withstood it even though her body felt like jelly, she took small steps towards the mirror beside her bed.

 

 

“Oh. My. God.” She yelled in surprise and Hara laughed at the back. Her round eyes getting bigger and bigger the more scan herself in the mirror. Her hair is all over the place, her pale yellow summer dress is stained in dirt and what was that? Is that a wound on her left knee? “Yah! Goo Hara! What the hell did we do last night?!”

 

 

“Why are you asking me? I woke up this morning on my bed smelling like a house of alcohol and saw you sleeping on your bed looking like that.” Hara answered. “I am just as clueless as you are. But thank god, nothing happened to us. The last time I checked, my hymen was still intact.”

 

 

“Ugh…shut up.” Youngji groaned and Hara laughed hysterically. She walked slowly towards to bathroom to take a hot shower. Yup, a hot shower is what she needed the most. “I’m never drinking again. NEVER!”

 

--

 

 

Jackson woke up with a loud thud when his back hit the cold floor of his hotel room. He groaned in pain, both from his back and from his head.

 

 

“What…the……” he groaned as he tried to adjust his vision to the sun-lit room. The room is spinning or it was more like his vision spinning. “…damn, I hate hangover.”

 

 

He sat up and with that little move he did, another great wave of pain hit his head. BamBam was not on his bed. He checked his bedside table and found a clock that read 1:15 pm. It was lunch time already. For how long was he sleeping?

 

 

“I need a shower…” he said to himself as propped himself up and head towards the bathroom. The moment his eyes landed on his reflection of the mirror, he cursed out loud in surprise. “What the hell?! What the happened to me last night? Did I get into a fight, huh?”

 

 

His hair was disheveled and his snapback missing. His white dress shirt has mud all over them with a few buttons missing and his black joggers are ripped at the knee.

 

 

“What…is…this?” Jackson asked to no one as he touched a red scratch on his one cheek. “Ow..!” he cursed as he felt a stinging pain from it. He quickly stripped his clothes and stepped inside the shower.

 

 

Whatever the hell happened last night, he doesn’t even remember a single thing after getting so drunk alone at the bar. He was grateful enough that he even came back to his room in one piece.

 

 

--

 

 

Youngji slept throughout the whole flight back to Seoul. Her body felt so heavy as well as her head. Her hangover was the worst hangover in the world. It was the first time she drank alcohol. If only it wasn’t for her weeping best friend she wouldn’t have done that. She regrets even having a taste of those hellish drinks.

 

 

She literally dragged herself towards the bus that is going to take them back to the university. She needs to endure 45 more minutes before she can finally be united with her bed. Youngji boarded the bus aimlessly along with her suitcase at one hand.

 

 

“Ow! Yah, watch it!” a sudden yelp woke Youngji up from her trance.

 

 

“Mian—“ she was about to apologize when her eyes landed on the owner of that irritating shout. It was the rude jerk. Her blood started to boil and her head pounded hard, making her wince in pain.

 

 

“Aren’t you going to apologize?” Jackson spat in anger. The pain in his head was killing him and it didn’t help that the annoying devil was back in his sight. “What? Cat got your tongue?”

 

 

“What..the..” she scoffed and glared at him. If looks could kill, Jackson must be six feet under the ground by now. “First of all, I don’t know who you are but you’re such a jerk. And second, it was your foot that was blocking my way. Lastly and most important of all, I won’t apologize to you. Period.”

 

 

“Look here, annoying little one. You were clearly the one who hit my foot with your sorry looking suitcase. You must be blind or you must be stupid.”

 

 

“Mwo?!” her round eyes widened at his comment. She was going to hold it in but that was it. Youngji started to charge on him but just like he was saved by the bell, the proctor appeared in front of them.

 

 

“You two, what are you doing?” the proctor looked irritated and the both of them quickly looked away from each other. “Both of you are causing a commotion and disturbing other students. You, Ms. Heo take a seat now and you, Mr. Wang should lower your voice. If I hear any more bickering from the both of you, I’ll report you to the dean first thing first after we arrived. Are we clear, now? Arasso?”

 

 

“Neh, ma’am.” The both of them answered sheepishly in unison. The proctor left after a few moments and the bus started moving.

 

 

Youngji looked to the side and found the rude jerk glaring at her. She scoffed inwardly and glared back at him. If they ever crossed paths again, she swears she would really pull his hair until he goes bald.

 

--

 

 

It has been three days after the Jeju school trip. Youngji was back at her safe haven. Back to her small dorm and back to her studies. There was one thing she learned from the trip though. What’s it?

 

 

She learned that she was right about it being such a complete waste of time.

 

 

“Good morning, Youngji.” Hongbin greeted as soon as she entered the dean’s office. “How was the Jeju trip? Fun?”

 

 

“If it was anything it’s not fun.” She answered, completely annoyed that she even joined the trip. “What about you? I didn’t see you around when we were there. I’m sure you had a lot of fun.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter