Chapter Two

Stuck In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The ringing of her phone didn't stop as she sprinted along the field in hurry. 

 

 

7:58. 

 

 

It read on her watch. Two more minutes until the bus departs for airport. She almost cursed as she ran harder and faster.

 

 

"Oteoke," Hara wanted to get up from her seat when the proctor announced that at exactly eight am, the bus will get going and won't wait for no one. "Heo Youngji, you better be here or we'll both not be able to enjoy the beautiful island of Jeju." she said to herself and tried to call her phone again. 

 

 

Across Hara's seat, a bunch of guys are going through the same stress as Hara. Three boys are busy calling their buddy who forgot to alarm his clock.

 

 

"Yah, JB call Jackson again." Mark ordered the guy beside him who was busy chatting with a girl he just met. 

 

 

"Aish, Wang Jackson is such a pain in the ." he remarked before fishing out his phone from his pocket and called his friend again. "He better treat us to dinner when we land in Jeju."

 

 

"Alright, are we all set? One more minute and the bus will set off. Any late comers after 8 am will not be acknowledged and will have to report to the dean immediately. So you better tell your friends who are not in here yet to hurry up." said the proctor through his lapel mic. 

 

 

Goo Hara was becoming more frantic so are the boys across her as the second pass. Ten seconds before eight, the bus door is slowly closing when everyone heard a loud bang from the outside. 

 

 

"WAIT!" a girl and a boy shouted in unison who appeared to be crushed in between the sides of the closing door. 

 

 

The commotion outside surprised the students from the inside and the proctor immediately instructed them to get on.

 

 

"Can you move? I got here first, you know." Jackson said to the girl beside him who looked like she ran a cross country marathon. 

 

 

"What? I got here first so you should be the one to move." Youngji shot back at him and forcefully pulled her suitcase up making the boy beside him fall first on his . 

 

 

“Yah! Yah!” Jackson shouted after recovering from the shock this feisty girl gave him. He quickly get on his feet. He threw his black snapback to the ground and brushed his hair back in frustration. He was tired from all the running he did earlier and now that girl has successfully got on his nerve. “You miss shou—“

 

 

“Now, both of you! Hurry up and sit on your designated seats.” The proctor appeared and cut him off before he can start to lash on the girl in front of him. “Or else I'll leave the both of you.”

 

 

Youngji didn’t bother to look back at the arrogant jerk behind him. Jackson shuffled on his feet and gathered his things then started to board the bus with anger still bubbling up inside him.

 

 

“Youngji-ah! Here!” Hara waved her hand and Youngji quickly ran towards their seat at the back part of the bus. Hara slapped her playfully on the arm when she arrived. “Yah, I was worried about you. I thought I won’t be able to go to Jeju today.”

 

 

“I don’t own Jeju, Hara. You could still leave Seoul without me, you know.” Youngji sat down on the aisle side of their seats and gave Hara her snacks before she could even nag her anymore.

 

 

“Yo, Wang! Hurry up!” a boy sitting across Youngji waved and she saw the arrogant boy waved back and walked towards him.

 

 

“Where’s Mark and JB?” Jackson asked BamBam as soon as he was settled on the aisle side of their seats. He looked around and saw the annoying girl sitting across him. Their eyes met in glare and she scoffed before turning away. “This little devil…”

 

 

“Look, there they are!” BamBam interjected before Jackson could stand up from his seat, taking his attention away from the annoying devil sitting just inches away from him. He looked back where Bambam is pointing and could see JB and Mark flirting well with two girls at the back. “I could see they are enjoying themselves back there.”

 

--

 

 

“Touchdown Jeju Island!” Mark shouted as soon as they were out of the airport after an hour and half flight from Seoul. “The weather is so beautiful, right?”

 

 

“That’s right, my brother.” JB took off his sun glasses and breathed in the fresh air of Jeju. “The perfect weather to see girls in their little bikinis.”

 

 

“This is not Hawaii, JB.” Jackson commented at the back. He switched his snapback to the front and took off his glasses. He looked around and his eyes caught the very reason why he joined this school trip.

 

 

Suzy was standing just meters away from him. Her long hair flowing with the wind as she chatted happily with her friends. Everything about her is beautiful, from her hair to her eyes to her cute nose and pink lips and irresistible smile. Just damn beautiful.

 

 

If only she was his again. He promise he would make things right again.

 

 

Then just like a nightmare after his dream, came a girl with her hair all over the place and yawning so big might rip, annoyingly covering the love of his life from his view.

 

 

Jackson can’t help but groan in disgust seeing the annoying little devil again. She’s too miserable to be called a girl. So different from his Suzy.

 

 

“I’m so sleepy…” Youngji yawned again and slowly turned her head to side when her eyes met with the ones she wanted to pluck out the most. She quickly closed and glared at him.

 

 

If he wasn’t so arrogant, Youngji would’ve found him handsome. Not that tall, but he’s got the looks. But personality wise, for her he wouldn’t even pass. Not even 1 point. Never gonna happen.

 

--

 

 

The school trip days passed by with Youngji mostly staying at their hotel room reading books and studying. If it wasn’t for Hara, she wouldn’t go out  a little and look at the beautiful island has to offer. She’s always locked up in her shell and always misses out on things.

 

 

“Heo Youngji, you’re reading again?” Hara said as soon as she went inside of their room. Youngji looked up from the book she was reading and nodded silently at her. “Aish, so frustrating! Bet you would’ve enjoyed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter