Chapter Five

Stuck In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Okay, kids…calm down. Tell us what happened then we’ll work things out.” President Park told them in a calm and collected manner. The two youngsters continued to glare at each other. If it was impossible to kill a person by glaring, those two would be dead by now. “Alright, Heo Youngji, what happened?”

 

 

 

“Me…I…” Youngji was stunned as she stammered on her words. “…honestly, I…I r-really don’t know, sir.”

 

 

“Wang Jackson?”

 

 

 

 

“Nope. No idea.” Jackson faced President Park. Confusion was also written on his face. He sighed in frustration and looked back at Youngji. She looks like she was about to cry, her head was bowed down and her fingers curled tightly at the hem of her shirt.

 

 

 

“Since it is as clear as crystal that the two of you has no recollection of what happened that time and it seems like you both don’t want this marriage either. It can’t be helped but there is only one solution…unless—“

 

 

“We’ll do it!” both Youngji and Jackson chorused as their heads spun quicklyat him, hope twinkling in their eyes.

 

 

“Divorce.”

 

 

“That will not happen!”

 

 

“Absolutely not!”

 

 

Youngji and Jackson’s parents shouted as soon as they heard the D-word. Youngji looked back at her parents and stared at them wide-eyed. While Jackson huffed in frustration and looked back at his parents.

 

 

“Ah wae!” Jackson shouted as he ran his fingers in his hair. He should’ve taken care of it by himself. Letting his parents get involve only makes matter worse. “Mom, Dad…we don’t want this marriage!”

 

 

“I…I’ll have to go with him on this one, appa and omma.” Youngji agreed, looking back at her parents. “This marriage wasn’t supposed to happen in the first place but it did and now we have no choice but to divorce for things to go back to normal. It’s the only way.”

 

 

“Heo Youngji…” her father stared back at her, his voice was firm and stern. “You are not going to divorce. Your mom and I are faithful believers of marriage. It is a scared sacrament blessed by God. How dare you shame this sacrament of matrimony by agreeing to a divorce!”

 

 

“A-appa…”

 

 

“Excuse me but—“ Jackson was about to speak up to Youngji’s father when he heard his mother hissed at him in a deadly tone.

 

 

 

“Wang Jackson! You are not going to divorce and it’s final.” His mother told him with finality and he knew he was done for. “You brought this on yourself and you should bear the consequences that go with it. I’m not letting you put shame to our name and watch the company your father and I built with one bad reputation because of divorce.”

 

 

 

Tears started falling from Youngji’s eyes and Jackson’s hands were fisted until it was red. Everyone was silent for a while until President Park can’t bear the tension anymore. He cleared his throat, breaking the silence.

 

 

“Have we come up with an agreement for both parties now? I can’t let them resume their classes until we end up with a solution that is best for both of you.”

 

“They will continue with the marriage. That’s final.” Mr. Heo answered with finality and commitment on his voice.

 

“And I agree to that. No divorce will be held and I will discuss with Mr. and Mrs. Heo the living arrangements of our children starting from now.” Mrs. Wang agreed, sealing the deal of their marriage.

 

 

“I’ll relea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter