Part 22

it was YOU all along...

It was morning when Myung Soo woke up. He went over to Ji Yeon's tent but she wasn't there. He patted So Hee on the shoulder.

"Hey So Hee. Do you know where Ji Yeon is?" So Hee rolled her eyes.

"That girl hasn't been back all night and neither was Seung Ho. She must have been with..." Myung Soo left before she could finish talking.

"Ahh!" she screamed because no one ever listened to her. Myung Soo called the others so they can help look for Ji Yeon but he had the feeling she was with Seung Ho. He took them to the place where Seung Ho had fell. Sure enough, there they both were. Ji Yeon was leaning against Seung Ho asleep. Myung Soo was mad.

"Hey!" The yell woke up Seung Ho and Ji Yeon up. They glanced up to see what it was. Seung Ho stood up.

"Hey you guys, help us out!" Min Ho started laughing as he pulled Seung Ho up.

"Ooo... Seung Ho... What were you and Miss Ji Yeon doing down there all night?" Everyone else except Myung Soo laughed.

"Shut up Min Ho-ee" said Seung Ho. Then he leaned over to help Ji Yeon up.

"Let's go home," Seung Ho said to the others.

It was evening by the time Seung Ho got home. He was exhausted so he took a shower and headed straight for bed. He looked over at Ji Yeon's room, who was exactly across from his. Her lights were out so she must be asleep. Seung Ho sat down on his desk and began writing in his journal. He had kept one ever since he was ten and he wrote in it whenever something came up. When he finished his entry, he turned off his lights and went to sleep too.

It was eleven at night when Seung Ho woke up. It was dark out but he couldn't sleep anymore so headed downstairs to look for something to eat. His mom was in the kitchen.

"Hi mommy."

"Hi Seung Ho honey." She walked over to kiss him on the forehead.

"How was camping?"

"It was fun."

He sat down at the table with his mom. She touched his hair and let out a sigh.

"What's wrong mommy?" He began eating his noodles.

"Nothing son. It's just that you're all grown up and going off to college soon."

"Don't worry mommy. It's only a couple of hours from here. I'll be back to visit you and dad often." His mom smiled.

"I know. Can you believe it? You and Ji Yeon know each other for ten years now and in just two more days it will be the last time you'll ever see each other." Seung Ho choked on his food.

"What?"

"Oh don't you know? Ji Yeon came over an hour ago and made those noodles for us. She told me she's leaving for the U.S. with her boyfriend in just 2 more days."

"Boyfriend?!"

"Yes. A boy from your class. I think his name is Myung Soo." Seung Ho stopped eating.

*So Ji Yeon is going to go back to Myung Soo.* His mom looked at his unfinished food.

"Something wrong dear?" Seung Ho shook his head.

"No mommy. I'm full. I think I'll go to my room."

---> to be continued...