Part 21

it was YOU all along...

Seung Ho started to gasp for air. That scared Ji Yeon.

“Seung Ho…. Are you okay?” He shook his head. Then suddenly, he leaned over and hugged her hard. He buried his face into her neck and didn’t let go. Ji Yeon stood still. She didn’t know what to do. “Seung Ho… Are you okay?” Still no answer. She continued to hold him as he shivered in her arms. She ran her fingers through his hair and whispered in his ear like he was a little child that needed comforting. Seung Ho began to breathe easier and calmed down. Then he realized he was holding onto Ji Yeon a little too hard. He let go, his face blushing.

“Uh, sorry about that. I didn’t mean to.”

“It’s okay.”

Seung Ho gazed at Ji Yeon from the light that the moon shone on her. Her eyes were closed. She was like a sleeping angel. She looked like it too with her raven hair flowing down her back, her little white dress, and she was so naturally beautiful that she didn’t need make-up. Seung Ho began to lean forward to kiss her but then suddenly she opened her eyes. He pulled back instantly, his cheeks turning red.

*Crap! Did she know what I was about to do?*

Ji Yeon patted him on the shoulder.

“Hey Seung Ho…”

“What?”

“Look. There’s a full moon out tonight.” Seung Ho looked up at the sky. The moon was full and bright. Then he looked over at Ji Yeon, who was smiling.

Then she asked him, “Do you remember when we were ten, we saw the moon’s reflection on the lake? You told me the moon was a ball so I would go in and get it.”

Seung Ho smiled when he reminisced about his childhood past. It had been a happy one ever since he met Ji Yeon.

“Yeah. You went into the lake and started to get the moon ball. And you kept asking me why the ball would disappear everytime you went near it. You were so stupid!” He started laughing. Ji Yeon gave him a look. That made him stop laughing. But then she gave him a little smile to show that she wasn’t mad and it made him feel better.

“Yeah because of your dumb lies I almost ended up drowning.”

“Yeah… I had to jump in and save you. I was so worried.” Ji Yeon looked at him.

“Were you?” Seung Ho faced her. He was gazing directly into her eyes. He always thought the best part about Ji Yeon were her eyes. They were big, innocent and honest. Every time he looks back, he always remember them as the first thing he saw when he met her.

“Yeah kinda. I mean if you ended up drowning then I have no one else to pick on.” Ji Yeon looked down and smiled. She knew what Seung Ho really meant though. They continued talking about their past and before they knew it, they both fell asleep on each other’s shoulders.

---> to be continued...