Epilogue

My Heart Will Go On

Epilogue—8 years later

 

They’ve all gathered on Kris’ home planet once more, but this time it’s not because someone got hurt. This time it’s a happy occasion. It’s to celebrate someone’s birth—two someone’s, for that matter. All twelve of them showed up, Chanyeol brought Sungwoo along, and Sehun’s even managed to get permission to bring Hero. Most of them are here for only a little while, but the parents of the new babies have been here for months, and will stay for a few months more.

It’s been a long nine months, yet at the same time it feels like it went by too fast. Kyungsoo can’t stop feeling like they forgot something, but Jongdae laughs and says that from now on, that feeling will never go away. Jongdae and Baekhyun have been giving the new parents a lot of advice, since they now have three children, all adopted in the last four years.

The first was a baby boy, Seungho, taken in by the Agency when his family rejected him. Though the Agency has invaded the planet that once was Jongdae’s home and has tried hard to open the society up to more inclusive ideas, many still cling to their old ways. Baby boys are often tossed aside even now, but thanks to what Jongdae did as a child, they can now be adopted by loving families. But it wasn’t easy. Baekhyun and Jongdae tried for a year to adopt through an Earth-based agency and were repeatedly denied, something that still gets Kyungsoo mad to this day, though Baekhyun and Jongdae are long over it. Only a month after reaching out to the Agency—their Agency—they were approved to bring Seungho home. Jongdae jumped at the chance to bring home a baby from the planet he grew up on.

It was only three years after adopting Seungsoo that another opportunity arose for them. This time to adopt a pair of siblings born on Earth and raised in neglect, both in need of serious TLC. They weren’t sure if they could handle it, and even now they’re not sure, but Kyungsoo knows they don’t regret taking Jiyeon and Taehoon in. At the time Jiyeon was two, and Taehoon was just shy of one year old.

Jiyeon is now three years old and never stops talking, not even when she sleeps, and by comparison Taehoon never says a word. The doctors say that Taehoon will get better with time, but the first year of life that he spent in neglect will take years to undo. For now, holding him constantly and keeping him warm is one way to comfort him. Since being adopted, they’ve both gotten remarkably better. Jiyeon used to flit between subjects faster than anyone could follow, but now she’s able to hold a conversation, and her attention span continues to grow. Just this morning, Taehoon smiled and said hello to a nurse, a total stranger.

Kyungsoo and Kai are thinking about adopting too someday, when their baby is older, and when they can do it without having to go through Agency channels. Not that it’s a bad thing, but even Jongdae and Baekhyun really wanted to be able to go to an adoption agency and be accepted.

Kai squeezes Kyungsoo’s hand and smiles at him. “Ready?”

Kyungsoo pulls himself out of his thoughts and nods, and together they lift the blanket that covers the incubator. Inside, their daughter is almost finished growing. Kyungsoo catches his breath every time he looks at her, she’s a miracle and a blessing, and he can’t wait until he gets to hold her. It won’t be long now. As if the baby can sense his thoughts, she suddenly jerks one leg out.

“Oh, look!” Kai gasps, pointing. “She’s kicking!”

He and Kyungsoo press their hands to the glass to feel the vibrations of her kick. ‘Glass’ isn’t exactly the right word for it, but it’s the only word Kai and Kyungsoo have to compare it to. Their baby girl has grown in this pseudo-womb for nine months, and each time Kai and Kyungsoo come to see her, they’ve been amazed by the technology behind it.

Kyungsoo remembers when the doctors first walked him and Kai through their baby’s first few months, from conception to birth, and how he could barely wrap his head around it but he knew it was life changing.

“Why doesn’t Earth have this technology?” He asked Kris.

Kris had looked at him sadly. “You know why,” he answered.

Kyungsoo does know why, and it’s so sad that the deep rooted prejudice of Earth keeps couples from experiencing the joy of having a child. He and Kai have been there for every step of their daughter’s development, and they’ve come to see her every day even when she was too tiny to be seen. Kris had been right, the only form of payment that was needed was a sample of Kai’s DNA. And after signing a contract that guaranteed his right to privacy, Kai willingly let the researchers take samples of blood, hair, and tissue. Then they selected an egg donor and gave their own DNA, and their baby was on her way to being born.

The donor was a woman from the planet, which made things a little complicated. Their daughter would be from two planets, and part human, part merfolk. And it was likely that from now on, Kai and Kyungsoo would split their time between Earth and this still-unnamed planet, so their daughter would know both of her cultures. She would be like Kai, and change forms when she entered the water, but that was all they knew for sure about her when she was being made. Her appearance and all other aspects of her were left to chance.

Kyungsoo peers into his daughter’s face. As of right now she’s in her aquatic form. In the last month they’ve been able to watch her switch from aquatic to human form, and it’s absolutely astounding to them and the doctors. It’s amazing to be able to know what she looks like before she’s even been born, and he says for the millionth time, “She’ll have your smile.”

And Kai responds, “No way, she’ll have yours.”

They continue their banter until a nurse knocks on the door. It’s time to go now, time to give their baby girl a few more hours of rest before she’s pulled from her sleep. They leave the special room and go into the hallway, where their friends are waiting.

Jongdae greets them with a tired smile, bouncing Taehoon on his hip. Jongdae’s changed so much, and so has Baekhyun. They’ve gotten older, almost shockingly so, but apparently that’s another thing that comes with having children. Kyungsoo waves to Taehoon, and he smiles just slightly, but it’s obvious that he’s been crying.

“What happened?” Kyungsoo asks.

Jongdae sighs. “Jiyeon happened.”

Kyungsoo looks down the hall to where his Seungho is playing with Sehun. He celebrated his fourth birthday on this planet, and Sehun is teaching him how to work the remote control car that he got from his uncle Chanyeol. There’s no sign of Jiyeon or Baekhyun.

“Where’s Baekhyun and Jiyeon?” Kai asks, and just like that Baekhyun exits an empty room, dragging his daughter by the hand.

“Go play with Seungho,” Baekhyun orders, “And stay out of trouble.” Jiyeon runs off and skids into Sehun’s side, nearly toppling him. As Baekhyun approaches, Taehoon picks up his head and holds out his arms.

Jongdae hands him off and looks at Kyungsoo and Kai tiredly. “Are you ready for this?”

“We’re only having one,” Kai reminds him.

“Aigo,” Baekhyun sighs, nuzzling Taehoon’s cheek, “How is my little one feeling? Are you ready for a nap? Please say yes, say yes so your sister will take one too.” Jiyeon only goes to sleep when Taehoon does—she’s a troublemaker, but she loves her brother dearly.

Jongdae shakes his head. “She wouldn’t dare, not when she’s about to have a baby cousin.”

Two rooms down, Kris and Tao are standing by while they wait for their own daughter to be born. When she hears the ‘b’ word, Jiyeon leaps to her feet.

“Is she here yet?!” She hollers, and Sehun winces and puts a finger to his lips.

“Remember, you can’t wake up the babies.”

Jiyeon lowers her voice, but only slightly. “When is she going to get here?”

They all look down the other end of the hall, where Tao and Kris are waiting for their own little girl to be born. Suho is lingering by the door, and he shakes his head. The babies go through stimulated labor, and it can last for a few hours. Tao and Kris have been waiting for five hours now.

Suho comes over, Jiyeon runs at him and launches herself at his wings. Suho coos and lets her snuggle into him, and when she’s comfortable he gently suggests that she should take her brothers back to the hotel, and wait with her uncles.

Jiyeon pouts. “But I want to be here when Sophia is born!”

Suho ruffles her hair. “I know darling, but you wouldn’t get to see her right away. She has to be looked at by the doctors and held by her daddies first.”

Jiyeon looks ready to cry. “I wanna hold her…”

“And you will,” Jongdae promises, “But it will be a few more hours. You want to be wide awake when it happens, right? How will you be able to stay awake to hold her if you’re tired and cranky?”

Jiyeon sighs. “As if I could sleep with a baby girl on the way,” she says dramatically.

The adults stifle their laughter, but before they can attempt to argue again Taehoon wriggles his way out of Baekhyun’s arms and grabs Jiyeon by the hand.

“Nap time,” he says quietly. “With Jiyeon and Seungho. Nap time.”

Jiyeon is putty in her brother’s hands. “Taehoon is sleepy, we should go take a nap,” She says, as if she hadn’t just been arguing to the contrary literally five seconds ago. She turns to Seungho and stomps her foot. “Seungho-oppa, you can play with Uncle Sehun later, we should go!”

Seungho grins and hands Sehun his car, and skips over to his little siblings. “Okay, but I get to carry Taehoon.” And before Jiyeon can argue, he scoops his little brother into his arms and starts to carry him off, leaving Jiyeon, Jongdae and Baekhyun to hurry after them.

“Call us if anything happens,” Baekhyun cries as they get into the elevator.

Kai gives Suho a high five. “Nice attempt, no wonder you’re their number one babysitter.”

“And for now, that’s all we’ll be,” Sehun says firmly, leaning into Suho’s side. “So don’t try to sweet talk us.”

As good as they both are with the kids, neither one of them has said anything about having any, nor have Chanyeol and Sungwoo. However, Lu Han, Yixing, and Minseok are in the process of filling out an adoption request through the Agency.

Sehun gestures to the room that Kai and Kyungsoo just left. “How is she?”

Kai positively glows. “Beautiful, absolutely beautiful. I can’t believe it’s finally happening, we’re going to be holding our little girl by this time tomorrow!”

“Hopefully,” Kyungsoo adds, “If her labor doesn’t last ten hours.” Labor time is designated randomly, they don’t even know how long it will be.

“What’s her name?” Suho asks.

Kai and Kyungsoo grin at each other.

“Oh come on,” Sehun pleads, “Kris and Tao told us right away, we’re dying over here!”

Kai leans over and whispers, “Let’s just tell them.”

Kyungsoo nods, and Kai straightens. “We’re naming her after my mother,” he says, “Keahi.”

It sends a thrill through Kyungsoo every time he hears their little girl’s name.

“Keahi,” Suho repeats, “Oh, it’s beautiful!”

“Are you going to name all your children something that begins with the letter ‘K’?” Sehun asks. Suho pinches him and he yelps. “It’s pretty,” he says quickly, “But seriously, tell me the truth.”

“No,” Kyungsoo says with a laugh, “It just worked out that way this time.”

“Good,” Sehun says, I was afraid I was going to have to knock some sense into you both.”

There’s a commotion behind them, and they all turn to see nurses rushing towards baby Sophia’s room. As they enter, Kris exits with a huge smile on his face.

“It won’t be long now,” He says, “Within the hour, she’ll be here!”

Suho whips out his “phone” and sends a message to the others. 20 minutes later Lu Han, Yixing, and Minseok show up.

“The others are still home,” Lu Han says, breathless with excitement, “But we wanted to be here. How’s it going?”

“Should be any minute now,” Kyungsoo says. He and Kai haven’t let go of each other all night, and Kyungsoo’s about ready to explode with happiness on behalf of his friends. Just five short minutes later the room goes silent, and they’re able to hear the tiny cry of the newborn baby.

“She’s here!” Yixing squeals, jumping up and down, “Oh my gosh, she’s here!”

After a few more minutes Kris exits again, happy tears shining in his eyes. “She’s absolutely perfect,” he says proudly, “And she’s so long! She’s going to be so tall when she grows up, just like her dads,” his voice breaks and he clears his throat. “Come to the window,” He says, and he disappears again. The seven of them leap to their feet and race to the observation window. Previously the curtains had been drawn, but now they’ve been opened. Tao and Kris have their backs to the window, but when they turn around, Tao is holding Sophia in his arms. She’s been cleaned up and swaddled, and all that’s visible is her wrinkled, pink face. Tao comes closer and holds her up so they can get a good look at her.

“Wow, she is long,” Suho gasps. “And so pretty, oh my goodness…”

Sophia wrinkles her nose and lets out a sharp cry, and Tao and Kris immediately start cooing at her, and slowly rocking her. She quiets again, but it’s obvious that she’s restless.

Tao and Kris turn away from the window and hand her back to the doctors, and Minseok says, “We should probably go now, let them have some time with her.”

And they’re about to leave when suddenly an alarm goes off in baby Keahi’s room. Kyungsoo immediately panics and Kai yells for a doctor as they both race to their daughter’s room.

“What’s happening?” Kai cries as they’re joined by a doctor.

“It’s okay,” The doctor tells them. She smiles widely. “It looks like your little girl doesn’t want to wait until tomorrow.”

Kyungsoo’s heart starts to race and he grabs Kai’s hand. “She’s coming?” He asks.

The doctor nods. “She’s coming. She wants out now.”

The doctor leans out the door and yells for some nurses, and at once six people descend upon the incubator. Kyungsoo realizes that Kai is about to hyperventilate and he escorts his beloved to a chair in the corner.

“Breathe, my love.”

Kai begins to cry. “She wasn’t supposed to be born today,” he says, his teeth chattering. His voice rises, “Is she okay? Is she healthy? What’s happening?!”

The doctor breaks away and kneels beside Kai. “The baby is fine,” she says, “This is rare but it has been known to happen. Remember, we said it was a possibility that the incubator would detect when it was time, before we did. Sometimes babies come right on schedule, sometimes they’re late, sometimes they’re early, just like with natural birth.”

“But why?” Kai asks as tears spill over. “Are you sure she’s okay? What’s your name, anyway?”

The doctor laughs. “You can call me Juni,” she says, “And I’m sure that she’s healthy, all signs indicate that she is.” She gives them a knowing smile. “If I had to guess, I would say that she heard her sister making a commotion, and decided that she wanted in on the fun.”

 

Two hours later, Kris and Tao join Kai and Kyungsoo in their room.

“Where’s Sophia?” Kai asks.

“Sleeping,” Tao answers, “Which is why we came to see how you’re doing.”

Kai has calmed considerably, but now Kyungsoo’s on edge. His ears are ringing and his vision swims. “I want this to be over with,” he says. “This waiting is killing me.”

Tao wraps his arms around Kyungsoo’s shoulders, and Kyungsoo’s knees buckle. Tao just barely catches him.

“You’ve been up for a long time,” Tao grunts, easing Kyungsoo to the floor. “Have you eaten or had anything to drink?”

Kyungsoo can’t remember the last time he did. “If I had anything now, I’d probably puke,” he confesses.

Tao sighs and Kai slides to the floor to Kyungsoo’s hair. “She’ll be here soon,” he says gently. “And when we’ve held her and fed her, we’ll be able to rest.”

Kyungsoo rubs his eyes. He’s exhausted, and right now he just wants his little girl.

“Juni said she wanted to join her sister,” Kyungsoo mumbles. “I think she was right.”

There aren’t a whole lot of egg donors on the planet who’s DNA was viable for a cross-mix of Earthling, and even less for Earthling and merfolk. Kris and Tao ended up picking the same donor that Kai and Kyungsoo did, and their daughters were conceived only days apart. When they found out, they were ecstatic. Their daughters would have likely grown up together anyway, as the group as a whole had plans to stay together for a long time, but now they would grow up knowing they were sisters, and how special would that be for them!

Tao and Kris smile widely and look over at the incubator. “Already so close to each other,” Tao says. “It’s amazing.”

What’s even more amazing is that minutes later, Keahi is in Juni’s arms, wailing as only a newborn can. The doctor wipes her face and body, and wraps her in a soft blanket. Kyungsoo pushes Kai forward to take her first. She’s smaller than her sister, but no less beautiful. She’s still crying, but she quiets as Kai rocks her.

Kai laughs. “I told you she would have your smile. Look at those pretty lips, they’re just like yours.”

Kyungsoo will give him that one. “How does she feel?” He asks. “Is she heavy?”

Kai holds out his arms. “See for yourself.”

Kyungsoo will never forget the first moment he holds their baby girl. She’s so light in his arms, but so warm. She starts to cry again as she leaves Kai’s arms, but as soon as Kyungsoo has her snuggled against his chest, she calms once more.

“How does she feel?” Kai asks.

“Perfect,” Kyungsoo whispers. “Absolutely perfect.”

Over the next hour, Kai and Kyungsoo get a crash course in feeding and diaper changing. The hospital mixes a special formula for their incubated newborns without nursing mothers, a formula just as nutritious as real milk, and both new fathers get to take a turn giving Keahi her first bottle.

“You know,” Kai says as he takes his turn feeding her, “I think she needs a nickname. Keahi sounds a bit…grown up, for right now.”

Kyungsoo slumps against Kai’s shoulder. “Mm…I don’t have much brain function to think of a name right now,” he admits. “All I can think of is Kiki.”

But Kai beams at him. “Oh, I love it! it’s so cute and little, just like her.”

When she’s finished her bottle and starts to drop off to sleep, Kai puts Kiki in her little bassinet and turns on the pad under her mattress that will warm or cool her, depending on her body temperature. They look across the hall and see that the lights are off in baby Sophia’s room. Tao and Kris are sleeping, which sounds like a good idea.

Kai and Kyungsoo lay down on the one bed in the room—it’s a tight fit, but they’re too tired to care. They snag a few hours of sleep before their family comes to visit.

 

Tao creeps into Kyungsoo and Kai’s room and gently shakes his friends awake. “The uncles and cousins have arrived,” he tells them. “And we were hoping we could introduce the girls to each other before it gets too crowded.”

Kai and Kyungsoo are up at once, and they wheel Kiki’s bassinet into the room across the hall. Kris is giving Sophia another bottle, and they have a second one warmed up and ready. Tao hands it to Kai.

“In case Keahi wakes up.”

Kai takes it. “You thought of everything. Oh, and we’ve decided to nickname her Kiki.”

Tao barely holds back a squeal. “How adorable! It fits her perfectly!”

Kiki continues to sleep, and once Sophia has finished her bottle, Kris lays her in Kiki’s bed. Tao whips out his phone and takes a video of the girls as they turn to each other, and they’re so close that their noses brush together. All four parents gasp and barely manage to hold back cries of joy.

“They already love each other,” Kris says. He has tears in his eyes and his voice breaks. “I can feel it. They know they’re sisters.”

There’s barely time to process that before the door opens, and Jiyeon pokes her head in. her eyes lock on the bassinet and she claps her hands over . Kyungsoo beckons her over, and she tiptoes in. Kyungsoo puts a finger to his lips and whispers, “They’re sleeping.” He lifts Jiyeon up so she can get a closer look, and her whole body starts shaking. Shocked, Kyungsoo lowers her again and realizes that she’s crying.

“Sweetie, what’s wrong?” He asks.

Jiyeon lowers her hands. “They’re so tiny,” she whimpers. “What if they break?” She starts to sob, and Kyungsoo is torn between feeling bad and wanting to laugh.

“You were that small once, too,” He tells Jiyeon. “So were Seungho and Taehoon, and none of you broke. They’ll be just fine, and someday they’ll grow up to be big girls, like you.”

Jiyeon sniffles and nods. “Can I see them again?”

Kyungsoo picks her back up. He tells her which baby is Sophia and which is Keahi, and tells her about Keahi’s new nickname, and then Tao suddenly says, “Jiyeon, where are your dads?”

Jiyeon looks sheepish. “I ran ahead. They were still downstairs.”

Kyungsoo races out of the room with Jiyeon and finds himself face to face with Jongdae.

“Oh for goodness sake!” Jongdae cries, snatching Jiyeon into his arms. “Honey, I told you not to take off like that!”

“But I had to make sure the babies were okay!” Jiyeon wails. “Daddy they’re so tiny!!!! You didn’t say they’d be like…like…like baby raisins!”

Kyungsoo chokes and Jongdae stares at his daughter in disbelief. “What?”

“They’re all red and wrinkly and little!” Jiyeon says, “And Kyungsoo says there’s nothing wrong with them! He’s obviously lying!”

Kris bursts out of the room and starts laughing hysterically, and Tao and Kai are right behind him. Jongdae backs up and leans against the wall, looking exhausted. “Jiyeon, my love, that was not nice.”

But Kyungsoo waves it off and whispers to Jiyeon. “They do look kind of funny, don’t they?”

Down the hall th elevator doors open and in file all the remaining uncles and cousins. Baekhyun looks torn between happy and pissed, but he does congratulate the new fathers before scolding Jiyeon for taking off. Jiyeon starts talking about the tiny, wrinkly babies, which makes everyone laugh, and that in turn wakes the girls.

Kai and Tao wheel the girls out, still in the bassinet, and there are cries of joy all around.

“They’re beautiful!” Chanyeol says, “Oh man, how does anyone decide who to hold first?”

“Hold Sophia first,” Tao says, picking his daughter up, “She was born first.”

“Can I hold Kiki, then?” Seungho asks. “Please, uncle Kai, uncle Kyungsoo, I promise I’ll be really, really careful!”

“Me too!” Jiyeon says, squirming to be put down. “I wanna hold them, too!”

Taehoon raises his hand. “Me, too.”

“You can all hold them,” Kai assures, “But you’ll have to sit on somebody’s lap so they can help you.”

There’s a scramble as the three children try to find someone. Seungho latches onto Lu Han and says that his siblings can sit with their dads, and Jongdae shakes his head.

“You can sit with one of us. You asked first, so you can have the first turn.”

Seungho looks up at Lu Han hesitantly.

“Go to your dad, if you want to,” Lu Han encourages.

Seungho has always been willing to surrender to his siblings, but this time he chooses to go to his dad. Jongdae helps Seungho hold Kiki, and then Sophia, and soon all the kids have had a turn holding their new cousins. Then the uncles pass the girls around, each one pointing out a feature that they share with their fathers, or with each other. Everyone agrees, the girls have the same nose.

“And Kiki is going to be aquatic?” Minseok asks.

“Yes,” Kai answers. “We’ll introduce her to water in a week, and see what happens.”

“Will she teleport, like you?” Jiyeon asks.

Kai shrugs. “I guess we’ll have to wait and see. But I think that my ability was just luck, I didn’t get it from my parents.”

Suho asks the question they’re all dying to know. “And when are you bringing them back to Earth, if you are?”

Kris is the one who answers. “They’ll be eligible to be cleared for warp transport in six months.”

Jiyeon starts to cry again. “But we’re leaving in two weeks!”

Baekhyun picks her up and rubs her back. “And you’ll see them every day for two weeks, and every day when they come to Earth. I know it’s hard to wait, and…” he gulps, and looks at Kris, Tao, Kai, and Kyungsoo. “And we’ll all miss them,” he says quietly, “But it’s not forever. They’ll come home soon.”

Jiyeon wipes her eyes. “Promise?”

Kyungsoo holds out his pinky finger for Jiyeon to take. “Promise.”

 

 

 

 

Six months later

 

Joonmyun comes home early and surprises Sehun.

“Is everything okay?” He asks.

Joonmyun pauses in thanking Hero for the enthusiastic welcome. “Of course, can’t I come home early with good news?”

Sehun looks skeptical. “You’re never home early.”

Joonmyun smiles sheepishly. “I know. But I want to change that.”

He and Sehun have their own apartment now. It’s smaller, and sometimes it’s too quiet, but the privacy means that Sehun can pull Joonmyun down on the couch and kiss him without fear of being interrupted. Well, unless Hero decides to get in the way. Which he often does.

“Jealous dog,” Sehun grumps as Hero lays across Joonmyun’s lap.

“You wanted him,” Joonmyun says cheerfully, scratching Hero behind his ears. After a minute he sits up and says, “The girls have been cleared for warp transport. They’ll be here tomorrow.”

Sehun’s heart leaps and he grins. “Wow, that is good news.”

In the time it’s taken for Kiki and Sophie (as Sophia is now known) to be cleared to go back to Earth, the family has expanded. Minseok, Lu Han, and Yixing have adopted a one year old girl named Joy, and the family promises to grow even more as Sungwoo and Chanyeol are preparing to welcome a ten year old boy named Hyunwoo.

Of course, that means that Sehun and Joonmyun are the only ones without a child.

“Are you really okay about…not adopting?” Joonmyun asks for the hundredth time.

Sehun nods and takes his hand. “I’m happy. I have you, and Hero, and all of our nieces and nephews. What about you, are you okay with it?”

Joonmyun nods. “Yes. I just…I know how much you love children.”

They have this conversation a lot, but lately not so much. Joonmyun is so afraid that Sehun will be unhappy, but Sehun’s never felt happier in his life.

“I start at the office in five days,” Sehun reminds Joonmyun. “I won’t be home alone anymore.” He’d gone back to school and majored in physical therapy, and he’s just landed his first job. Joonmyun still works with the Agency, but in a less dangerous field. He’s part of a team that tracks threats digitally, and while he’s not risking his neck, he still sees a lot of really bad people. Joonmyun’s never been sure he wanted a child, not when he felt like the world was so evil and he could barely keep himself and Sehun safe. Sehun understood this, and had never been passionate about having a child before. This is the life they’ve chosen, and they’re happy.

“I’m proud of you,” Joonmyun says.

“For getting a job?” Sehun asks.

Joonmyun shakes his head. “For doing what you thought was right for you. I’m glad you stayed with the team.”

Sehun grins at him. “Yeah, I am too.”

They may not be risking their lives anymore—no, those days are long behind them—but they’re still a team, and still a family. And Sehun is glad that he decided to be brave and stick around. It had been worth it, since their team got to test new technology that had ended up being used by all agents, and had saved a lot of lives.

“It all worked out in the end,” Sehun says. “I wasn’t sure it would, but it did.”

Joonmyun laughs. “We all lived happily ever after.”

Sehun kisses Joonmyun’s cheek. “Yep, we really did.”

 

 

 

 

THE SAPPIEST ENDING EVERRRRRR

So, Tao and Kris’ daughter’s name was inspired by Yifan’s daughter Sophia in his new movie (I am sooo original). Keahi’s name is of Polynesian/Hawaiian origin because that’s what the origin of the name ‘Kai’ is.

So sad to see this story ‘end’ but I’ll probably come back to it eventually. I still haven’t written that Kaisoo s3x yet, after all.

Thank you all for reading over the past year, it’s been a really fun time. And now I need you all to go check out ChiaToma’s story Paws for Thought. The story is from Hero’s perspective and it is ADORABLE. SO GO READ IT!!!!