He's Not Special

The Beast Next Door

Dongwoon has become increasingly popular and unbelievably handsome. Ever since Beast’s debut, but to you he is still your childhood friend. At school everyone surrounds him. He truly is a star. You get pushed out the way a lot. And soon you don’t even get to walk to school with him anymore. You’re not completely alone you still have your best girlfriends with you but it’s not the same.

 

“How many girls can one guy attract?”  Alex, one of your friends, tells you as she walks up next to you.

 

“Well, if Gikwang attended our school I would be all over him too!” Mary, another one of your friends, walks to the other side of you.

 

“How many confessions do you think he gets a day?” Alex wonders.

 

“Forget that how many confessions does he accept is the question.” Mary responds.

 

“Who cares!” you say annoyingly. Your friends look at each other and smile, “You do! You are so jealous! Admit it!”

“No I’m not! Why would I? He’s not that special!”

Alex replies, “Insanely smart, amazing piano skills, he sings, dances, and has the face of a god! You want him. Admit it!”

 

“You clearly want him Alex, Dongwoon is a nerd that loves music and attention on him. He can’t even play sports!”

 

“Does that mean I’m not your bias?” he suddenly hugs you from behind he smells so good and you can feel his warmth. You stutter, “of-ofcource not, you’re just Dongwoon.”

 

Still hugging you he makes you face him, “Just Dongwoon huh?” you escape his embrace. “Yes you’re just Dongwoon, we have to go to class.” And you leave him behind.

“Hey Mary look at her face! Its all red!”

“My face would be red too if Gikwang hugged me from behind.” They laugh.