Chapter 3

The Most Beautiful Gift

Chapter 3

 

One turn with the keys and finally the door was unlocked; a red eyed Jae made his way out without looking around, not caring who would see him and what questions his appearance would create. He just wanted to go home and do nothing but stay there for the rest of his life. He felt cold and alone and a little guilty. He took a deep breath and made a small step, closing the door behind him.
“There you are!” a familiar voice forced him to stop and turn his head to its direction.
“Hm?” it was only his respond since no word could come out of his mouth.
“Jaejoong, everyone else is already in the house. We thought we lost you.”
“Yoochun..” he repeated his friend’s name in a very depressing and low voice before sighing once again. His eyes from Micky moved down to the ground and they were slightly covered by his golden brown locks. Usually, Yunho would pull them away, wrap a finger around his chin, lift his face and lay a kiss on his lips just for a good morning or for a ‘good job’ when  no one was looking. But there was nothing like that going to happen. Maybe it was all nothing but a dream… nothing but a good dream that had to come to an end.
“Jae?” his friend asked worried.
“I’m fine. Go ahead, I will meet you at the house.” He lifted his face and gave him a false smile.
“Are you sure?” Yoochun made another question almost doubting Jae’s intentions.
The singer only nodded his head. “I’ll be ok.” He assured him and leaned against the wall.
“Alright, I’ll see you at the house, then” he patted his hyung’s shoulder and walked away from the hall and eventually from the studio as well.

His heart beat was raising and his chest was hurting. The last thing he wanted to do was to return home and see Yunho.. And what if he wasn’t there? What if he had gone away because of his irritation? Yes, his reaction was a bit exaggerating but it was not entirely his fault! Right? If Yunnie was kind enough to tell him without cheap excuses who was calling him all these day then… then none of that would have happened and now Jae would have been in his arms and not in a cold, empty hall with tears about to emerge from his eyes. He simply wanted his Yunnie back…

Jaejoong took a deep breath and began walking, determined to return to the house and have a talk with Yunho and solve this issue before losing him once and for all. It was the last thing he wanted to happen. He loved him so much that he was willing to fight his jealousy and over come every obstacle in their way. He would promise to himself first and then to Yunho that a reaction like this wasn’t going to happen again. But his boyfriend should as well promise not to hide anything form Jae as well. Because this was not just his fault but the leader’s too. He would make the first step but not apologize and expect nothing in return. They were both at fault.

And with these thoughts, the young man felt a weight leaving his tired shoulders. His lips formed a sweet smile, content and is proud of himself being so mature in this relationship. Fights were usual between lovers and boyfriend and friends and in any kind of relationship and it was a hard yet the most accurate way to understand the other and learn their ways of life, their thinking and everything that there is to know. He straightened his torso, sure as he was about the course of things than before. Yes, he was planning on return back home hours after. Just a bit before midnight but no. He wouldn’t turn his back now… he wouldn’t –

It was so silent… this place used to have more than fifty people working…

And so dark… the lights would usualy blind him if he looked straight up to them..

Only the light breeze was echoing in his ears and playing with his short, light brown hair.

He felt shivers down h spine as he slowly realized…

They locked him inside.

 

Back in the house

“Are you sure he said so?”
“Yes, Changmin! He promised that he would come back.”
It was already late and the rest of the members were worried.
“Silence!” Junsu spoke as he heard a soft sound coming from the door. Changmin and Yoochun joined Junsu by looking at the door. They all swallowed thickly and sweat was running down their foreheads. The chances were 50 – 50. Either it was their leader or Jaejoong – hyung. Either way, the news would still be bad.