Chapter 2

The Most Beautiful Gift

Chapter 2

Yunho ran after Jae but he was late. The other was already locked in the dressing room. Once, twice…three times and four, Yunho banged the door.
“Jae! Open up!” he demanded while wiping the sweat from his forehead with the back of his palm.  Not now… It couldn’t end up like this. He had everything arranged and all he needed was Jaejoong to follow him… to trust him. Yet, he couldn’t have that apparently. Yunho took a deep breath and punched the door one last time, giving up as his heart was beating in terrible pain.
 And then…

Drin..drin…drin!!!!

They couldn’t find a more inappropriate time for this. The phone, though, kept on ringing despite being ignored.
 

“Won’t you answer it?!” a broken voice echoed in his ears from the back of the door. Yunho jumped up and brought his body against the hard and cold material with hands raised up and his face being pressed hard against the door.

“I won’t unless you open that door…” he replied softly and bit his lower lip.

“That or you’re just afraid to do so in front of me” a faint whimper and Jaejoong sighed deeply as silence had covered everything. Yunho looked around. Everyone was working, picking up their stuff, getting ready to leave… everyone… everyone was moving yet it seemed through his eyes as if time had stopped. Nothing mattered to him more than Jae. Not even a …stupid filming. Because after all it was stupid.

Every hardcore fangirl had thought of them as the most perfect couple so why not the company to take advantage of it? But who could have imagined that none was acting…that all those sweet moments, the sweet talk and the lustful glances, but also the teasing, were way more real than anyone believed?
 Yunho couldn’t have asked for a better lover and partner in life…he pushed his hand in his pants’ pocket and tightened his fist. But how come jealousy every single time beat the hell up of them? Every move he would do…was always wrong through Jae’s eyes. Either their leader was cheating on him, ignoring or even had stopped loving him.. One more bang against the door and his steps had taken him away from that room. Was that it after all?

Form the moment they stepped in front of the cameras and sat next to each other… there was a feeling of awkwardness everyone could feel and understand. But for no one was as break-hearting as for Jaejoong. Literally he had to pretend that there was nothing wrong between him and Yunho; that they were the usual, cheerful ‘YunJae’ couple everyone adored and was so crazy over with. He had to smile, tease the other and speak beautiful words and praise him. But he couldn’t. It was too much since the damned green beast called Jealousy had taken over his mind and soul. So, there was some space between them; so, he complained about Yunho caring more for others and being kinder to people other than Jae himself. And Yunho complained about him getting so easily… ugh! He couldn’t even say it anymore. His head was in pain and Yunho… Yunho had called out his name when all was over but Jae’s damn pride didn’t allow him to stop and turn back.. He simply turned the knob, entered the dressing room and locked the door to be alone. But neither that was helpful. Yunnie was right behind him, almost smashing the door to enter and god knows what was going to happen. But Jae wasn’t going to give up so easily. There was something suspicious going on… For almost a week now Yunho was so secretive with his calls. Every time the damn.. the freaking cell was ringing he would throw a glance at Jae, give him a smile for a cheap apology and then move to a different room or even go outside. But the young singer never said anything; never made a scene. He wanted to have trust in him and try not to be that afraid but… it was too hard; too hard when the other was giving him a thousand of reasons not to believe his words. And now…enough was enough. He had broken and he couldn’t control his emotions any more… his heart… was smashed into tiny little pieces and each of them crashed as Yunho’s steps echoed in Jae’s ears. He was walking away…

Right?

Was that it…?

Or the End had yet to come?