Chapter 1

The Most Beautiful Gift

Chapter 1

“We are the ‘YunJae’ couple!! ” they said in unison and the cameras went off.
“OK guys! That’s a wrap! Thanks for your cooperation today!” the director shouted and everyone was getting ready to return home till the first hours of the next morning. Everyone was laughing and being happy that a hard day was finally over, while some were discussing about the next day’s plans and shooting. However, a desperate cry disturbed the peace and the bliss inside the studio.
“JAE!! WAIT!” Yunho’s voice made everyone turn and watch Hero passing through with a tightened fist and his arm covering the upper part of his face. Something was going on between them from the moment the show started. They were so distant from each other, colder than any other time yet no one dared to ask or talk about it. Just a small word of conflict being spread around and the media would go crazy….

30 minutes ago

“Ai, mhm, I will call you back when we are done. Bye” Yunho gave a small smile as he stared at the phone that he slowly put inside his jeans’ pocket. Moments like this one were making him extremely happy and anxious as well. It was going to be the most beautiful gift and everything had to be perfect.

“Who was on the phone?” Suddenly, his peaceful thoughts were interrupted by the irritated voice of the man that stole his heart several years ago.

“A friend.” The leader of the group simply shrugged the question off and walked past by Hero. But the last one was not going to let this be, so easily. He raised a hand a placed it upon Yunho’s chest, stopping him from walking any further.

His glimmering eyes were pinned on the ground while Yunho was looking at him with a questionable expression all over his face.  “Which one?” he asked without raising his eyes a bit. He just hoped that Yunho was going to be honest with him.

“Well…a- a friend..” the other tried to come up with the best reply however it was not possible. Jaejoong was always the type of the guy that would easily get jealous over such small things and in the past that attitude was the reason of many of their fights. But, lately things had been calmer… well, until now. Yunho only rubbed the back of his neck and threw a look around them. Everyone was getting ready for the shooting and probably they were all waiting for them. It would be a real trouble if they were a bit more late. The young man wrapped an arm around Jaejoong’s waist and tried to pull him closer to him, but the other resisted, pushing him slightly with hands on Yunho’s shoulders.
“You are avoiding to answer.” He whispered with a shaking voice and finally his dark, yet almost watery, eyes pierced through his lover’s. Yunho swallowed hard and sighed.
“You are doing it again, Jae. And they are waiting for us. Imagine what will happen if they go around searching for us and finding us like this.” He chuckled and laid a light kiss on Jaejoong’s forehead, holding tightly his hands. However, the reaction was not the expected one.  Jae released himself from Yunho’s grab and pouted like a small child, but his eyes were burning with fire. “Go ahead! Let them know!” he almost shouted and turned his back at the other. Jae stopped his steps for a second and rubbed his upper arm, regretting silently this response of his, but he didn’t return to him, neither he glanced at him. He took just a small yet deep breath and walked away, wanting to cry.
 

“Oi, Yun, what happened?” Yoochun approached his friend, having witnessed everything. Yunho, though, was frozen and his eyes were gazing…nothing… they were empty. “Hey, man, what happened?” he stepped in front of the leader and waved his hand in his face. Yunho shook his head once he returned back to reality and narrowed his eyes. “Huh? Eh, n- nothing..”
Not believing it but neither wanting to force Yunho to speak, Yoochun pointed at the director who was shouting. “They are looking for you too…”
“Jae..” he whispered as he spotted him standing in front of the girl that was fixing his hair.
“Yes and you… now go.” He gave a tough push to his friend and eventually the leader joined the rest of the group as they were getting ready for filming another ‘YunJae’ episode in ‘Couple Talk’.