Behind the veil

The Lady of Assassinations

“This way and this way.. yep that’s right. Ok! Well done, take a 5 minute rest before you resume again!!”

“5?! Can we have 10? My arms are already aching.” Bambam whined as he massaged and stretched his arms.

“If you whine again, your break will be cut to 2mins.” You replied stoically.

Bambam immediately raised his hands to concede defeat, “ Ok 5mins then..” he muttered to himself.

As you were noting down the progress of your two disciple, the Hoya that was silent most of the time throughout the training suddenly burst out into a question.

“I’m just curious, why do ALWAYS have your veil on?”

Bambam and your head snapped up in surprise.

“ Yeah that’s right.. I’m curious too teacher!! How can you see through that veil, isn’t it quite frustrating doing all these training with that veil on??”

You could see Bambam’s eyes lit up with curiosity and sparkled under the sun.

“No, it’s not that bad. I can see perfectly well.” And you continued writing.

“Teacher you haven’t answered my question..” Hoya persisted.

This guy is getting on my nerves, always putting me into such situation.

“ Yeah! Teacher, TAKE IT OFF! TAKE IT OFF! TAKE IT OFF!” He chanted loudly like a child that wants his candy.

You sighed and facepalmed mentally.

Ugh, and this guy is just plain annoying.

‘No,” You said firmly.

“Why? Are you hiding something?” Hoya pressed on and continued to question.

“Why must I listen to you guys? And I am not hiding anything, you .” You retorted.

“ OH. MY. GOD.” Bambam exclaimed and suddenly stood up.

Your heart pounded wildly in fear of him of what he is going to say next.

Maybe he noticed?

And Hoya stared at him in surprised.

“ Teacher..”

You swallowed down a saliva as you watched him turn towards you.

“Is your face disfigured?” He asked in all seriousness while he frowned.

Your mouth can’t help  to curl up while sneaking in a quiet giggle but in hopes of suppressing your laughter

Hoya stood up in frustration, walked over and hit Bambam on his head.

“ Owwww hyung.. Why did you do that?!” Bambam rubbed his head, and glared at Hoya.

“ What kind of question is that?!”

“ Its valid one! He might have been burned or whatsoever in his missions. You will never know! Or maybe..”

Both of us waited in anticipation for him to complete his sentence.

“You have a lot of pimple?!”

Hoya who was drinking water immediately sent a fountain of spraying water out of his mouth onto Bambam when he heard this ridiculous guess and stared at him with incredulity.

“Eew, what was that for hyung!!!” Bambam shouted and wiped off the water on his shirt.

I can’t help but to smile with both relief and entertainment.

I thought too highly of him, the person I should worry about here is probably not bambam but the sharp Hoya.

“No, I don’t have a face full of pimples and neither do I have a disfigured face. And I don’t think how look really affects your training so I find no need to show you my face.” You spoke calmly, desperately trying to suppress your laughter from this utter joke.

‘I’m just curious!!” Bambam explained.

“End of this unnecessary conversation, get back to work at this moment. And after a few more slicing of hays, we will move to sword combat. So, get your butts up and train.”

You walked away in amusement thinking about when was the last time you truly laughed.

Oh these guys, you made me laughed in a long long time.