Rules to Break

Cold Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     “One!”

    

      “Two!”

    

      Hearing JungSoo’s count made Hero to slightly tremble. He doesn’t know whether to run away or trust his shield that he won’t be found.

      But he is certain he’s in a bad place right now. He’s most likely be killed.

       “Still No?... Fine…” JungSoo cracks his neck and knuckles, flashing such ferocious look in his eyes.

      Hero holds on the tree firmly as he prepares himself for the worse.

     

     “Three”

 

      “Found you”

 

      There was no second wasted and Dari’s golden hair suddenly came swinging along with the wind that blew from the heavy pressure that came from JungSoo’s legs as he swiftly moves to a direction.

      If the waterfall was silent on its splashes, one can definitely hear his monstrous sound that’s escaping him. His eyes fixated in one goal alone, his nails are sharp as knife, ready to slice through anything.

      Dari’s eyes followed where he is headed, and no doubt he was running towards the tree where her classmate is hiding.

      “Oppa!!!” Dari screams, even dropping the diary to the ground.

      Like a cannon fired, JungSoo has leapt really high, all heads looked up at him, he was already floating before Hero but instead of landing on the branches, he has gone down again and dives to the bushes under.

      W-What?

      Did he not see me?

      JungSoo may not have attacked him but it appears to be that he has a better prey to catch.

      Just seconds after getting inside the bush, he dashed out again, but this time he’s not alone.

      A massive tension can be felt between the two vampires, even with their stares alone, but a brawl was far from happening, they are aware Victory can easily perceive it once they start throwing blows on each other.

      However JungSoo still holds him by the throat.

      “What are you doing here huh!?” He growls with his nails slowly digging against his skin.

      “Will you calm down, will ya?” HeeNim says without displaying any fear. His body is lifted up and feet barely touch the ground. He strongly holds the other’s hand and pushes it off him. “As usual you have temper issues, Park”

      “Why are you here huh? What are you planning to do?”

      “Nothing! I saw you walking and got curious where you’re headed then followed you, that’s it!”

      “Speak the truth!”

      “It is the truth! What else would I plot on? Kill Dari? You of all people know I’m a pro vampire” He claimed, and when he said that JungSoo seem to have lowered his threats.

      “You better keep your hands off my family, Kim. I will fight you anytime”

      “Likewise” he says and then turns his head to the beautiful maiden standing far behind. “Hi Dari~~~ Looking good as always, how about that offer I was always telling you about?”

       “Forget it. She’ll never be like you” the leader of the Park clan says as he goes back to where he stood earlier.

      “You never know!” HeeNim teased. “Our doors are always open!”

      “Let’s go, Dari” JungSoo takes Dari by the arm and drags her away.

      No longer allowed to say a word, Dari can only follow what the senior says, but she took a second to glance back at the Kim.

      She was surprised how he was there. With curious eyes she wondered. How is it him the one JungSoo found and not Hero when she’s 100% sure it’s Hero’s presence that leaked or did he do something to save ’s ?

      But why didn’t I sense him?

       The Kim only looked at her knowingly with a sly smile, watching them as they fade into the woods.

      And when they were completely gone, his smile turned to a frown. “That was close, Hero” he looks at his clan member. “So close”

      Hero jumps off the branch and lands on the ground steadily, his hands inside his pockets and shirt now buttoned up neatly. “I know”

      “If I didn’t show up you could have been killed” the senior says, showing the mark of JungSoo’s tight grip on his neck. They’re slightly par on strengths that it didn’t show much damage, but if it was Hero. His head can be chopped off.

      Good thing when his presence was leaked, HeeNim noticed it and he released his so JungSoo would go and attack him than Hero.

      It didn’t need a massive exposure, Dari didn’t notice is because it was just a taint of his aura, but to JungSoo who hated him so much had recognized it quick and got eaily lured.   

      “How did you end up here anyway?”

      “Like I said earlier, I was just roaming around the woods when I saw JungSoo, I got intrigued and followed. Didn’t expect you would be here though, what were you doing with Dari?”

      “Nothing. I’m just trying to get her fight me” he says.

      The two started leaving the place together, feeling both relieved and disappointed. It would have been interesting if JungSoo snapped even more and then they’ll get down for action.

      “Wait… you sensed me even before I broke down? How?”

      “I know you’re good at hiding, man. But we live together for so long, of course I have adapted to it” He says, brushing his long hair to the back of his ears. “Can’t believe how easy for you to get your guard down just because you got captivated by her again”

      “I am not captivated”

      “Tell me that lock of stares you just had is nothing. I will punch you”

      So he really was watching us earlier huh? Hero thought, he rolled his eyes and kept his cool.

      “Aniya… It’s no---”

 

      “Ahbwoya!!!!”

      Being the man of his word, HeeNim did what he said he would do. Hero did get punched and has fallen to the ground right close to the mud..

      “Told you” HeeNim says and brought his knuckles back inside his pocket nonchalantly as if nothing happened.

       “Aishhh chincha…” the young lad hisses, he can only glare at him but deep inside him a desire to punch back lives. One day I’ll be able to defeat you.

     Technically the ones who are more prior have more experience and skills that they are way stronger, making Hero who’s decades later than HeeNim is in a lower place when it comes to strengths,

     He tried fighting him once, it was too one-sided that it never got repeated ever again.

      “Let me remind you though, she’s a princess of the other clan, and their King hates us big time and we hate them similarly so… it’s not allowed”

      Hero massages the part where he has been hit, and chuckled. And yet he constantly teases me? What a retard.

      “If you’re going to pull off some Romeo and Juliet ... fine. I won’t interfere but don’t let the others know. It’ll be ugly”

      “Look I’ll tell you this for the millionth time” he clicks his tongue, beginning to feel irked about his constant mocking. “Parks are boring and such killjoys, so there’s no way I’ll ever have any interests in her. Okay? So stop”

       HeeNim just flashed a cheeky smirk, as if he still isn’t buying whatever Hero was saying, and seeing that smile just made the other roll his eyes and give up.

      There’s no point on talking to him anymore. He thought and just increased his pace. HeeNim can only grin watching him walk away just like that, leaving him behind.

 

      Meanwhile on the Park’s side, JungSoo’s sending Dari back to school himself. He’s really protective of his clan members, therefore he wanted to make sure she gets to school without letting astray and run into any Kim again.

     He’s clearly in a bad mood that it made the trip a little uncomfortable.

      Dari was relieved to no battle occurred while the other is so keen on punching someone.

      She doesn’t really know what to say, how to explain, she knows he has sensed Hero there too, she’s just hoping he doesn’t catch up on that she was talking with him.

      “You should be wary of your surroundings, Dari” the leader murmured. “And never let your guard down. Just look how there’s two Kim in there”

      “I’m sorry. I just didn’t expect they would be there” she bites on her lower lip as she lies.

      “I know you can handle Hero, but HeeNim. He’s out of your league, so just stay away from him. He’s a beast”

     JungSoo always tell them that. But today when he said, it was rather odd. Like a bigger fire burning in him.

     Dari is aware why the two clans are enemies, because they differ in beliefs. Kims hunt and Park saves that’s why they conflict, however now that a century has passed, she’s starting to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter