Cloud of Memories

Cold Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     “ACCCCCCCCCCCCCCK!!!!!!!!!”

 

 

     “UGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH”

 

 

     “GGAAAAHHHH--- Y…You shts...Ggghhhh FCK!!!…”

 

     “Aish… Seems this person wants it rough” Sky says and then resumes her spell but in a higher power level - causing much more pain on the vampire lodged on the ground. His hands were tied tightly on his back, his face paler than normal and his eyes red and almost popping out

      “Hey Cloud” A voice suddenly came to interrupt the council members’ activity.

     And Cloud quickly responded upon hearing his name. “Hmm?” he turns his body to his left, facing towards the man who was sitting on his royal throne.

      The man gestured his hand in a “come here” signal to which the former obediently followed, dropping his on-going interrogation on the wild vampire they caught last time – who until today is still mum about the where about of his possible allies.

     He joins the Lee Council’s leader on the high platform situated on the far end corner of the hall and gave a small courtesy. “Yes, Victory-nim?” he says.

     A glass full of red thick liquid was swirling in a wine glass as the man circles his hand lightly while looking at Cloud interestingly. “So what’s the progress?”

     “It’s regretful to say we still haven’t gotten any information from him, sir” he says. “He’s being tough and stubborn”

     Victory clicks his tongue. “How troublesome” and brings the glass to his lips, savoring the scent of blood passing through his nose. “I hate it when the wild ones are putting us on the brink like this”

     “Don’t worry, we will make sure today won’t pass without getting anything”

     “No. It’s been too long and if he can’t be tamed then he must perish” the leader says, after days of trying to convince and control the wild vampire, it has come to a point that he’s no longer patient and hopeful he would cooperate with them.

     And being the head of the Council whatever he orders must be followed, Cloud nods his head in understanding and turns around to relay the order but Victory speaks again.

     “Hep. I’m not done yet” he says and places his glass on the side after taking a long sip. “I didn’t call you just for that. There’s one more thing I need to ask you”

     “What is it?”

     “I heard what you did for that Park… Care to explain?”

     Cloud’s gaze lowered. It’s in the protocol that his powers must be used effectively, that he must not leave any traces for it may lead to the inevitable for their kind. If he is to erase a memory, he must also erase whatever links to that memory.

     But Cloud did a little exception on Dari’s case. He admittedly listen to her concern, he did intentionally left her relationship with Jessica untouched. It’s risky but it’s something he wanted to do.

     “I just saw that erasing the human’s entire memory of Park San Dari is unnecessary. So I didn’t go all the way”

     “And you hold that decision, how?”

     Victory has been the leader for centuries but only a few has ever seen his powers, he’s very secretive and he only steps in and get his hands dirty on very rare cases – times when things are really out of hand. But it’s been known that he is very strong.

     Eyes no need to see it, just by the aura he gives off is enough.

     “Is it possible you have regain some of your memory of her and/or falling for her?”

     “Ani…” Cloud was quick to shake his head to deny. “It’s not that. It’s just that her anniversary with Dae is coming up. And because Dae isn’t coming, atleast I don’t want to make it harder for her by taking a special friend out of her life”

     “Tch. How considerate and thoughtful you are. No wonder why the girl keeps on holding on to you” Victory says, twitching his brows upwards. “Very well. As long as you think this won’t go out of hand then I’m slipping this one by. But next time you do something without my consent, beware”

     “Yes, sir” Cloud says.

     “Now go and leave this to me” Victory strongly stood up, fixed his black coat and started walking to where the wild vampire and the other council members are gathered.

     And once he has taken his spot, the rest have left and closed the huge doors. Sky’s and Airee’s heels loudly taps on the marble floor as they walk and despite the distance from the great hall, loud screams continues to echoes down the hallways.

      Much more intense than the earlier noises under Sky’s power.

     “What did Victory talk to you about, Cloud?” Airee asks looking straight their path. “He looks quite upset”

     “Nothing. Just about the whole thing with Park San Dari”

     The two ladies just hummed, they too are aware of his recent action, but they are in no power to judge him. They too have times where they want to do things their way.

     “Seriously even until now you really don’t remember anything of your past?” Sky asks, her arms crossed on her chest. “Like not even a teeny tiny bit from all the years that has passed”

      Cloud just shrugs his shoulders and bowed his head down, and coldly he says. “I swear I don’t”

     “That’s just sad” Airee says. “It would probably be nice if even once you remember and unlock the great relationship you probably had with Dari again”

     Great relationship. It’s a great relationship indeed, no doubt about that. He thought.

      Although he does not remember, the time when she came up to him when they were still newborns and he saw her collapse to the ground after realizing he has forgotten about her, how desperate she was asking him to remember just proves how much love was there between them.

     And to give more proof is Dae’s old diary.

     Cloud separated himself from the group and went inside his own quarter - a room full of musical instruments and books, he may be a totally different person from Dae, but for some reason he can feel it in his fingertips… his skills on playing music.

     Often he plays some of Dae’s composed songs that he has left behind inside his diary.

      He took the thick journal out from the shelf and removes its trappings, opening it on a specific page. And like the usual, Cloud would sit comfortably on the couch and stare at the long paragraph of unsaid vow.

     To my beautiful bride and my one and only love Dari…

      I, Lee Dae, may have a woman’s name but I swear to the heaven and earth that I will be more than a man to you, to be your shield in life, to protect you and give you security, to be your arms when times get tough and be your support, to give you warmth and love for all the days of our lives.

     We’ve been together for so long, and it was never easy, but eventually we lived through it. I greatly thank the heavens for giving me one heck of a girl, who stood by me strongly despite everything else.

     Now, I’m standing here before you, to swear that from today on, I will make sure we continue to live in happiness and shower you eternal life of love… I will not make you cry, never hurt you, and I will always be there to wash away all the memories of pain that would live in your heart… I'll never let go so you better not too...

     I love you, Dari… I love you so much…

     Anyone can feel the sincerity of Dae’s words, how strong his feelings were while writing this. He really loves her… however, there was never a clear reason on how easy it was for him to forget everything.

     All Cloud knows is just like how his power works… There is no hope of remembering.

     Dae is never coming back.

     And Dari should really accept that and let him go.

 

 

     Early morning, DoBi lifts his fist high up in the air, cheering for the achievement he has attained – though it wasn’t a new one though, he just finished his favourite game again for the 100+ time.

     It only took him two straight nights to finish it, unlocked every stages without any clues or cheats, found glitches, he practically has memorized the entire game.

     He picks up another game from his collection but after realizing there’s only a few hours left before school hours starts, he drops his console down and started preparing like a diligent highschool student.

     After washing up he went downstairs to check on everyone, he sees JungSoo in the living room watching a super early morning talk show and obviously delighted at the cooking segment that’s playing – he’s even taking notes of the recipes.

     “Good morning, hyung” he greeted leaning his side on the doorway.

     “Going to school already?”

     “Yeah, so that my classmates can copy my homework”

     “Tsk tsk tsk. You know you aren’t helping them at all” JungSoo says. “How can they learn if they always depend on you?”

     DoBi can only chuckle. Well who cares, it’s their life not his, anyway. He’s not concerned if they learn or not, all he wants is to be a good classmate so he can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter