Love & Weaknesses

Cold Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    That milky white skin.

    Those deep round glowing eyes.

    Those voluptuous and soft lips.

    Her beautiful golden hair.

    Her shining forehead and shoulders…

    Her feather-like touch.

    Everything of Dari and everything that happened last night keeps playing over and over in Hero’s mind. As usual, he was resting on his favourite resting place – up on the high branch of a tall tree, his eyes covered with an arm as swims in the deep pool of thoughts.

    “Ahhh… more… my love… kiss me more.” he remembers those raspy moans being whispered clearly and loudly to his ears. “Kiss me…”

   

     “…please..”

 

    “Please my love..”

     Aissshhh chincha!!! Hero groans loudly in frustration together with a kick from one leg as he can’t take it anymore. He removes his arm and rested it on his forehead while he looks up at the sky above.

    It’s still a gloomy day in Winter Gate, and like how cloudy the sky is, Hero’s brain is the same… he feels so gloomy and restless.

    Seriously, Dari. What are you doing to me?

    He shakes his head in order to forget everything, wishing atleast for once he wants to not think about it. But no… ever since he and Dari separated, Hero was completely haunted by it. He really couldn’t shake it off.

    After their affair, he didn’t go straight home, instead he just went to his hide out and there spend the entire night and now wasting half of the day just sitting around. He chose not to go to school today also for he’s afraid to see the face she’ll most likely to wear. She must regret it so much.

    He wonders how they will deal with this now. It was his stupid idea in the first place, it’s his responsibility to think of a way how they’ll fix it. He was super confident before he kissed her but now he isn’t too sure… Although, he still wants to kiss her, he would do anything just to kiss her but, how would he act normal after everything else? How can he play it cool and continue the deal they’ve agreed on?

    How? All I said was kissing, but I was already an inch away to ripping her clothes apart. How can I play it cool? He thought while biting on his lower lip.

    Admittedly, he was ashamed about the number of wild and inappropriate thoughts that came into his mind last night while in the middle of their passionate affair; a hundred things that he wanted to do with her. He never thought he would want more of her than he actually does.

    Yes he wanted her lips, but he desired all of her too.

    But thankfully, he was afraid to cross the line and he knows she wouldn’t let him and that he really shouldn’t.

    He rubs his hands down his face roughly as he steams off some of his stress when all of a sudden he heard footsteps approaching his place.

    At first he thought it was Dari, but there was a heavy daunting aura along with that person – a very intimidating one – something that makes the winds and trees tremble, something Dari never wears. Thus Hero looks over his shoulder to see who it was, then clicks his tongue after recognizing that familiar black long cape with red insides.

    He wore such an irritated expression and crossed his arms together, showing proof how much he is displeased of the person’s presence. “Oh. It appears like you are expecting someone else?” the person said in a monotonous yet teasing tone.

    “What are you doing here?” Hero said without any taint of respect or welcoming greeting to the Lee Council member. “This is my place”

    “I know, that is why I am here”

    “For what? Did someone report that I skipped school?”

    “No. No one has reported it yet” Cloud responds with his eyes looking up to Hero’s level. “But now that you have brought that one up first, I would like to hear why”

    “I called in sick” the other quickly answered.

    “Sick? What could you be sick about?” he asks to which made Hero scoff in mockery.

    Does he really want me to answer that? Hero thought while glaring at him darkly. Of course there’s only one thing that fits right on that answer box. He’s sick of the existence of Lee Council. But that’s pretty much given, there’s no need for him to say it again.

    “Well humans skip school for the strangest and lamest excuses, why can’t I do the same?” He says nonchalantly. “Now, I’m acting like a normal high school human student who can get sick. Isn’t that what you wanted us to do in the first place? Act like them. Be like them.”

    Cloud didn’t answer; he just looked at him and watched him mock the council. At times like this, they have the right to discipline them or punish them for such behaviour, however this time, he decided to let it slide.

    He doesn’t want to engage on argument or make efforts of reminding him again of their rules anymore, after all he didn’t really come there for that reason; his purpose was for something else.

    “Where are the other two that you always have on your side, by the way?” The ageless highschool student pointed out noticing a strange sight – one would always see the Lee Council members  in three – but now Sky and Airee seem to be missing. “Did they get lost?”

    “No… I purposely came here alone”

     “Why is that?”

    “I wish to have a word with you”, Cloud responds briefly.

    Word with me?

    The two good looking young males had a long second of exchanged stares first – serious but isn’t as intense – and even though Hero isn’t interested to have chat with him, he knows this is something needed to be discussed.

    He decided to go with the Lee council’s wish and broke his gaze.

     “This is about last night, isn’t it?” He blurted out while turning his eyes down on his playing hands. ”You were there watching us, weren’t you”

   Cloud take a brief pause before he answers, he was faintly impressed how he was able to sense them. Truly he is beginning to see why Hero was treasured the most in the Kim clan, one cannot underestimate his senses.

     “Yes we were” he responded without any hesitations or lies. “We were on patrol when we saw you unexpectedly going to the Park residences and---“

     “No not that” Hero cuts him off abruptly with a sneer. “I wasn’t talking about that”

     “What do you mean?” Cloud asked curiously, and the next thing he knew, Hero jumps off from his resting place, landing perfectly just a few inches away from where his feet stand.

    With a smirk he says “I was referring to that time in the waterfalls”

    The Council appeared to be taken aback by his statement but he still kept a straight face, acting as if Hero’s assumption was absurd. But it is not absurd at all, Hero was actually confident. He was sure that Cloud was there, he really felt his presence.     

    And he was right, he indeed was there.

    He may have told Sky and Airee to continue patrolling, but after that disturbing image that just flashed back to his memory, he can’t help not to be bothered by it and had to separate himself from the pack in the middle of their patrol to follow where the two other vampires may have gone.

    Truthfully, he didn’t expect he would see what he saw when he arrived.

    Although, he has predicted something like that would happen in between them two, that’s what he hinted to Hero last time afterall, but he’s surprised they would so soon. He expected atleast 2 or 3 months more… but just like what Hero has said. Dari has the ability to move people… Was he then already moved by her?

   “So, what is it that you want to talk about then?” Hero asks with a little depth in his voice.

   Immediately after he asked it, a more serious expression crossed the council member’s face. He places his hands inside his pockets and looked intently at Hero’s eyes. “What are you planning to pull?” he asked briefly. “What are your intentions with Dari?”

   Intentions? Hero took a second to think about his question, his eyes lowered and stared blankly on the ground. There is no doubt Cloud was referring to the whole deal with Dari for  anyone who would witness that would have the same question, eve he had the same thoughts.

   Will saying to suppress his craving be enough as a solid reason?

   Will saying because he finds her lips are as good as their favourite drink be understood?

   For sure everyone would have that same huge question mark once they learned about him and her. And chaos would come right after because it is wrong to start with however why does it feel so right for him?

   “If you Kims are planning to use her to obliterate the Council, you better stop now”

    Hero’s senses snapped back to his norm and glanced at Cloud. “Mo?” his voice sounded as if he was offended. “Use her for what?”

   “You said it before, you have much more bigger plans…” he recalled back. “Maybe Dari is a way to rout the council that’s why you’re doing this”

   Hero snorted in ridicule. “Trust me, that’s not it” he answers confidently.

   “Really?” the other speaks with great doubt.

   “Whether you believe it or not, it’s your choice”

   “I am onl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter