Of a Feather

Party Crashers

 

 

                 It’s a stupid rule.

                  Jimin looks at the clock on the wall again, incessantly tapping a pen onto his desk when his teacher glances in his direction. He stops momentarily before deciding to tap his foot instead. All around him are his classmates, still trying to finish their math exam. He can hear distant scribbling and the click-clack of many calculators, but the one sound reverberating in his ears is the time.

                  Jimin finished his exam twenty minutes ago. When he stood up to hand it in, he could feel the eyes of the other kids on his back. Apparently he finished too fast to be humanly possible, though it was all for good reason; Jimin had places to be. But when he asked if he could leave, he was quietly directed back to his seat.

                  According to school policy, no one leaves during an exam to prevent ‘cheating’.

                  “Stupid rule,” he mutters, avoiding eye contact when his teacher looks at him again. There’s still a half hour to burn, and he really needs to be somewhere. He tries to kill time by reciting the alphabet backwards, then picking out every third letter and making a sentence out of those letters.

                  He manages to kill off three minutes before impatience shines through and he starts tapping his pen again. It’s not as if he was trying to be distracting, but the next thing Jimin hears is his teacher warily announcing that students who finish the exam early can go home.

                  Jimin shoots up from his seat, and is the only one who does. Grabbing his backpack, he barrels out of the room, across the hall, down the stairs, and into the arts wing. He stops at a room labelled ‘studio’ and peeks inside; there’s no one there.

                  Confused, Jimin is about to retrace his steps when someone whispers ‘boo’ right against his ear. He shrieks and whirls around to see Yoongi standing behind him in the doorway. “Hey,” the elder greets, his face pink from winter cold. Jimin notices that his usual snapback has been replaced with the seasonal beanie. “I wasn’t expecting you for another half hour.”

                  He follows the other male inside and studies all the lights and props in the studio. He tosses his stuff onto a chair. “I-I finished early.”

                  “Oh? How was your exam?”

                  “Easy,” he replies with a grin. “I think I did okay.”

                  Yoongi nods and sets a plastic bag onto the table in the back. “Come here. You deserve some food.”

                  Jimin toddles over and stares at the assortment of lunch items before settling with a sandwich. He focuses on unwrapping it, barely noticing the soft peck to his forehead. But he does, and he looks up at the older boy when he realizes Yoongi had sneaked in a little smooch; he outright blushes. “… Wh-What If someone saw…?”

                  “The school is pretty empty during exam week,” he replies, fixing Jimin’s fringe. “Don’t worry about it, dummy.”

                  “O-Okay,” Jimin stammers. He lets him plant another kiss on his cheek and promptly feels his heart melting away.

 

 

--

 

 

                  “Alright, let’s start.” Yoongi picks up his camera after they’re done eating. “Do you mind if I give you another shirt to wear?”

                  “I-I don’t mind.” He tosses him a white t-shirt, and Jimin stands there for a second before deciding to strip his top off in the middle of the room. He hears Yoongi moving distractedly behind him, muttering something along the lines of ‘nice’.

                  He positions himself in front of a white backdrop and fumbles with his hands while the other boy turns on the lights. “Don’t be nervous,” Yoongi says, settling into capture mode. “I know what I’m doing.”

                  Jimin bites his lip and nods. “I know, but… I-I don’t know what I’m doing.”

                  He laughs softly. “Just relax, alright? Look at me.” Yoongi takes a couple test shots of the floor. He looks up and sighs. “… Stop looking at my shoe.”

                  “S-Sorry,” Jimin splutters. He makes an attempt to look right into his eyes and survives seconds of eye contact before he jerks away, ears glowing red.

                  The older boy lowers his camera, nostrils flared as if to let out steam. “Jimin-ah.”

                  “I’m sorry!” he cries, covering his face. “I-I’m just—!”

                  “It’s fine.” Yoongi leans against a stool, looking unimpressed. “I can wait. This can take all day if you want it to.”

                  Jimin takes a moment to fan his face and then says, “okay… I-I’m good.”

                  “You sure?”

                  “… Uh, no… Y-Yes. I can do it.”

                  “If you say so.”

                 Yoongi makes the intention to step forward when Jimin stops him with his hands up. “Y-You’re too close…”

                 He frowns. “Like hell I’m too close! I can’t even touch you from here.”

                 Jimin flinches at nothing. “J-Just do it from there!”

                 The older boy grumbles, returning to his shooting position. “Okay, smile. Also, stop looking at my shoe.”

                 Jimin averts his eyes.

                  “That is the wall behind me. Stop looking at the wall.”

                  He averts them again.

                  “Jimin. Look at me, not the air above me.”

                  He averts them again.

                  “JIMIN!”

                  “I’M SORRY!”

                 Yoongi sets his camera down on the stool and stares him down, right on the verge of glaring. Jimin suddenly feels exposed, making it a point to look at anything but him. He’s jittery as hell, but he’s trying and he hopes Yoongi knows that. There’s just so much pressure.

                 He notices that Yoongi is in extreme proximity and that suddenly, they’re so close that he can hear the older boy’s heartbeat— no, wait, that’s his own heartbeat thundering in his ears.

                 Yoongi still stares, arms folded over his chest as he nears. Alarms go off in Jimin’s head. He emits a small sound of protest, but doesn’t push him away either.

                  Instead he forges an escape plan and steps to the right, intending to dip and run. Yoongi slams either hand onto the wall as soon as he even dares to move, caging Jimin in between his arms. He continues to stare.

                  “Stop looking at my shoe,” he growls, pressing their foreheads together. There’s no air to breathe. “Look at me. Just look at me.”

                  Jimin lifts his gaze and is unable to pull away from what he sees.

                  “… Hey. Those are my lips. I meant my eyes, look at my eyes.”

                  He’s still gawking at them even as Yoongi speaks. The pink flesh of his lips moves with every syllable, and there’s no quite telling what kind of abominable force that makes Jimin want them on his own lips. He doesn’t plan to fight against it.

                  He pushes forward, eyes already shut so he almost sends the potential kiss to his lower jaw area. But he gets it right on the first go, knowing exactly where Yoongi’s features were because maybe, he’s been waiting for this.

                  His lips aren’t as soft as he assumed, and it makes sense because he’s not the type to keep moisturizers around anyway. If anything, it feels like Yoongi, his entire essence in this one kiss; it feels right.

                  It also lasts for a near second. Jimin pulls back so hard that he hurts himself on the wall, pain erupting throughout his wretched skull before the gravity of what he’s just done catches up to him. For what’s probably the most daring act in his entire life, he’s not really happy about it until Yoongi retaliates.

                  The second round comes to hit him with all the fervor that’s typical of Min Yoongi. His kisses are rough, hands wrapped around Jimin’s small shoulders to pull them so much closer. He’s taking him away with each breath, so high on each other that they can’t possibly come down.

                 He doesn’t know where to put his hands, but he’s losing feeling in his legs and collapse is imminent. So he hangs onto the fabric of Yoongi’s shirt and returns his kisses with not as much force, but with enough passion to last him a lifetime.

                  With a dose of sudden confidence, Yoongi’s hand sinks down to the small of his back and takes the last kiss to fireworks.  God, someone pull him back to Earth because he’s soaring.

                  They part, still leaning into each other as they catch breath. “… H-Hyung,” Jimin stammers, knowing just how red his face is. “I-I think I’m good to go.”

                  “Are you now?” Yoongi looks at him and finally, for all he’s ever wanted, holds eye contact. He smiles and slowly shuffles backwards, still staring at Jimin’s eyes even when he bumps into a light. The senior makes a grab for his camera; there’s nothing he ever wanted to capture more than the pink-tinted cheeks of the object of his affections.

                  And yet, when he frames Jimin in the shot, Yoongi can’t seem to hold down the shutter button. His hands start to shake and suddenly, his chest tightens until he can’t bear it.

                  He can’t take a picture.

                  Jimin notices a delay in movement and stares at him with concern. “… What’s wrong?”

                  Yoongi puts his camera back down. “… I’m nervous,” he grumbles.

                  “… Sorry?” The younger boy can’t believe his ears.

                  “I’m nervous, okay?” Yoongi pulls his beanie off and combs through his hair, pacing aimlessly around the room. “I know, I’ve been trying to take your picture for months and when I actually get to do it, I— , I don’t know if I can.”

                  Jimin steps out of the light to get closer to him. “Why are you nervous…?” He spots a flicker of pain in the other’s eyes and in that moment, his heart stops.

                  “It’s—It’s hard to explain. You’re just… important to me.” Yoongi lets out a frustrated grunt. “, that’s not the right word… You’re special, okay? And I don’t ing know if I deserve you.”

                  “… H-Hyung.” Jimin carefully picks up the camera and hands it to him, caressing his fingers in the process. “… I-If I can stand here n-now, you can do it. Maybe you feel that way, but… I-I want to be yours. I want you to do this.  T-Take a picture. It’s for your exhibit, and… it’ll do me some good, too.”

                  Yoongi stares him before reaching to fix his bangs, just like always. “… You’ve gotten braver lately, haven’t you?”

                  Jimin blinks at him. “I-I guess. Just take the picture.”

                  He glances at the camera before returning to his eyes.

                  “Kiss me one more time.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


even though yoonmin kissed 304872 times in this chapter, I bet y'all are still wondering about vmin's kiss
tbh you guys will have to be patient :^) like, last-chapter-patient.