Boseong Adventures

Party Crashers

 

 

                 The field trip ended up going to the county of Boseong, which Taehyung says is absurd because there’s nothing but mountains and tea out there. Regardless, the students of their grade are muddled out in the November wind waiting for their buses. They’re all in their four-person units, chatting about what they plan to do on the trip.

                  It’s the same over in Jimin’s group, with the addition of side-eyeing their fourth member in the process.

                  “I heard that after we learn about the history of tea,” Namjoon says while animatedly moving his hands. “We do tea challenges and go up against other groups. I’m so stoked!”

                  “Stoked,” Hoseok whispers loudly enough for Jimin and Taehyung to hear. “He just said that. What is this, 2009?”

                  “I’m amazed they let you on this trip.” The latter speaks up. “You did paint the whole school. What’d you do, bribe the staff?”

                  “No,” Namjoon answers honestly. He doesn’t look remotely affected by the glares other students are giving him. “I performed community service while I was on suspension. They let me go on the premise of good behaviour.”

                  “Good behaviour,” Hoseok repeats incredulously.

                  “Good behaviour,” Taehyung reiterates.

                  “Good behaviour,” Namjoon says, confused.

                  Jimin sighs. “Let’s just have fun, o-okay guys?”

                  They board the buses some time later, and due to a predetermined match of rock-paper-scissors, it’s Hoseok who is sacrificed as Namjoon’s seat buddy. “Save me,” the guy mouths before Namjoon sits next to him. Taehyung and Jimin can only offer him looks of sympathy from the seats behind them.

                  As they’re going down the road, Namjoon can be heard rambling about trivial things like birds or recyclables, while Hoseok gives him dead, uninterested replies. Not that they really knew; the other two were too involved in a Pokémon match to care much.

                  Halfway through the ride, a couple girls scuttle down the aisle handing out snacks to the rest of them. It’s a variety of little pastries, and the students start organizing trades for particular flavors. Jimin notices the girls skip over Namjoon and go right to their row.

                  “Is there any chocolate?” Taehyung asks, peering into the box of leftover tarts.

                  “No, I’m sorry!” one of the lasses say. “They ran out pretty quick. We still have orange, strawberry, and vanilla though.”

                  “Boo. Fine, I’ll have vanilla. And strawberry for Jimin, please.”

                  “Th-Thank you,” Jimin says when he’s handed one. “A-Are you going to give one to Namjoon?”

                  They stare at him. “He can live,” she answers, moving onto the next row.

                  “I really wanted chocolate.” Taehyung shoves the tart into his mouth while talking. “I didn’t meet my quota this week.”

                  “You shouldn’t need a weekly quota for chocolate.”

                  Namjoon’s face appears over the seats. They look up at him with blank stares. “Can we help you?” Taehyung asks, spitting crumbs.

                  “Here you go,” the guy says, handing him a box of off-brand chocolate sticks.

                  Taehyung blinks in surprise. “Whoa. Are you sure?”

                  “Yeah, it’s okay. I don’t need it.”

                  “… Thanks.” He looks like he doesn’t know what to do with himself. “Is Hoseok alive?”

                  “He’s sleeping.”

 

 

--

 

 

                  The air is wonderfully crisp when they’re finally off the road and making the trek towards their hotel. Boseong is a whole other world compared to their concrete city; lines and lines of tea leaves make up the hills, serving more greenery than they could possibly witness in their lifetime. Farmers can be seen in the distance, tending to the plants.

                  Taehyung is posed dramatically against this landscape while Jimin takes pictures of him. Hoseok starts giggling at them, but when Namjoon laughs too, he stops.

                  After two bridges and a dirt path, the students arrive at their hotel which incidentally, the lot of them screech at. The main building is surrounded by smaller, separate houses that consist of multiple rooms. The doors and fencing are made out of old wood and look like they’re about to collapse. A lake encompasses the area, throwing them back a couple decades.

                  “We’re staying at a traditional house?” Hoseok mutters in disdain.

                  “… It looks haunted,” Taehyung cries, holding onto Jimin’s sleeve. “And cold. God, I hope that lake isn’t deep.”

                  “It looks nice,” says Jimin, who leads them towards their assigned room. The floorboards creak under them and Hoseok makes it a habit to shriek at every sound.

                  Namjoon looks across the water and points. “The girls are all the way over there.”

                  “Yeah, because the school thinks we like to get naughty,” Taehyung laughs, “Please.”

                  “Not that it matters,” Hoseok snorts. “No girl would ever talk to a cyborg.”

                  “Hoseok—!”

                  Namjoon pats Taehyung’s shoulder. “It’s okay.”

                  “The girls are over there because they have bigger washrooms…” Jimin chips in, pushing their door open. “Here we are.” It’s a single room with a tiny washroom at the side. A large window takes up the opposite wall, and in front of it is a TV and four futons.

                  “How prehistoric.”

                  “You do know these houses are a 1900’s thing,” Taehyung jabs Hoseok in the gut. “I actually studied this.”

                  Namjoon nods. “He’s right.”

                  Hoseok rolls his eyes. “No one asked you.”

                  Jimin coughs. “U-Um, speaking of washrooms… should we organize a shower schedule? Staff told us we should shower after dinner.”

                  “I’m good for first come, first serve.” Taehyung claims his mattress and falls over it. “Holy , this is soft.”

                  “Same.” Hoseok sets his stuff on the floor and lies down. “… Damn.”

                  Jimin pouts. “We’re not barbarians…”

 

 

--

 

 

                  Nearly a half hour later, their teachers call them down to the main building for dinner. They’re seated in a large dining room with the rest of their classmates and served food typical of the area. A local grandma comes to lecture them about the history of Boseong tea, but the amount of noise they’re making drowns her out.

                  However, Jimin does hear his name being called by not one, but multiple females. He flinches at the call and slowly turns in his seat. He spots Chanmi a few tables over waving at him, along with her giggling friends. He blushes and waves back.

                  “Ooh…” Taehyung chortles. “Someone’s popular.”

                  “Sh-Shut up.” He shoves a slice of meat into his mouth. “D-Did you guys catch anything that lady was saying?”

                  The other three look a little blank. “Uh.” Hoseok blinks. “I thought she was senile.”

                  “W-We’re supposed to play a quiz game with that info later. The losing group has to pour tea for everyone tomorrow.”

                  “Well ,” Taehyung starts laughing. “We’ll be filling a lot of cups. I didn’t know we were going to play a game!”

                  “Namjoon mentioned it… Didn’t you guys listen?”

                  The guy looks up when his name is mentioned. “Huh? Oh yeah, I did. It’s okay.”

                  “Should’ve been more clear on that,” says Hoseok, who lazily stirs his noodles.

                  “Sorry.”

                  Jimin glances at Taehyung. Taehyung looks back at him, raising an eyebrow. Jimin blinks twice in response. Taehyung nods.

                  Namjoon suddenly flinches before an object rolls onto the floor beside him; it’s a crumpled piece of paper. He picks it up, smoothens it out, and then tosses it aside.

                  “What’s that?” Taehyung looks at the sheet and frowns. “Did someone just throw that at you?”

                  “Yeah.” He shrugs. “It’s okay, don’t worry about it.”

                  Jimin reads the words on the paper. It says ‘go to hell u cyborg’ in messy writing. Something inside his chest explodes into flames. He grits his teeth, glaring around the room to find the perpetrator.

                  “Hey.” Taehyung holds down his knee. “Calm down, Park Jimin.”

                  “But someone just—!”

                  “Dude, I’m fine,” Namjoon says, smiling. “People tend to get angry when you paint the whole school, so I’m used to it. It’s okay.”

                  Unwillingly, Jimin settles down. He can’t stand for bullying, no matter who the victim is. So it takes all he has not to whip his fork at the lowlifes he hears snickering behind them.

                  As expected, they did lose the quiz challenge being the only group that didn’t get any questions right. They’re tasked with helping the hotel staff clean up plates, an errand that wears them out by the end of it. Despite that, Taehyung runs down the porch on the way to their room, screeching “I’M SHOWERING FIRST!” The others don’t know where he gets that energy from.

                  Once they’ve gone to bathe, the four boys gather in the middle of their room with their game consoles laid before them. They’ve each brought their own handhelds with the exception of Namjoon, who reportedly never played a game before.

                  “What’s Smash?” he asks, peering over Jimin’s shoulder as they set up a match.

                  They gasp at him. “What—What’s Smash?!” Taehyung looks faint.

                  “It is a staple of the teenage population!” Hoseok cries into his hands. “It represents our willingness to fight, fight, for what is truly ours in this concrete box you call a society! It allows us the freedom to be individual, to be free of the labels adults put on us. But most importantly, it ties us all together in what you may call a—!”

                  “It’s video game,” Jimin replies. “Up to eight people can fight each other.”

                  Namjoon lets out a long ‘ah’ while Hoseok just falls over himself.

                  “Let’s play a couple rounds!” Taehyung says, giggling. “Whoever ends up in third and fourth place has to do a punishment.”

                  Hoseok lets out a cackle. After vaulting across the futons, he grabs his handheld and gallantly waves it in the air. “I’ll cream all ya nubs!” he shouts.

                  “Come play with us, Namjoon!” Taehyung does a shoulder wave. “Hoseok’s got another DS.”

                  “What? No, I don’t.”

                  “Yes, you do.” He stares at him. “I saw it in your bag.”

                  Hoseok grumbles before going to his bag and pulling it out. He hands it to Namjoon with slight contempt. “Don’t break it, it’s probably worth more than you.”

                  “Okay.” Namjoon holds the console like a newborn baby. “Thanks.”

                  Once they’ve got the game connected, Taehyung has the grace to scream “I’M PLAYING SAMUS!” at the top of his lungs. The students from the other rooms can be heard saying ‘shut up over there!’ in response.

                 “I’m Link—!” Hoseok chokes when he sees another cursor over his character. “OKAY, WHO’S PLAYER THREE? I’M LINK! DON’T CHOOSE LINK!”

                  Namjoon looks positively unmoved. “We can both be the same character, can’t we?”

                  “… Fine,” Hoseok grunts, “but you be blue Link.”

                  “I’ll be pink Link.”

                  “Oh my god—”

                  Jimin selects Jigglypuff.

                  The round starts off hot with Hoseok landing a hard blow on Namjoon’s player (probably out of spite). Taehyung goes rampant, running blind into bombs while Jimin’s meek demeanour renders him an easy target. It’s a brawl of the ages, with the four boys smashing buttons until the final second.

                  Hoseok stands up, arms perched on his hips as he looks to the ceiling, bathing in his first-place glory. “ IT, PEASANTS!”

                  Taehyung and Jimin sport twin looks of shock, because they stand behind the guy who never played a single goddamn game (‘BUT NAMJOON’S A NOOB,’ the orange-haired kid bemoans, ‘HOW DID WE LOSE TO A NOOB?’).

                  “I have an idea for a punishment,” Namjoon speaks, unfazed by his win. “I mean, if you guys don’t mind.” He shuffles through his things and at least five boxes of chocolate sticks fall out. Hoseok explodes into a fit of giggles.

                 The latter starts jumping in place, pointing at the dumbfounded loser duo. “D-DO IT! DO THE PEPERO KISS!”

                  “Huh.” Taehyung picks up a box. “Do you remember how to do this, Park Jimin?”

                  “Kind of…” Jimin scoots closer until their knees are touching. “It’s been a while.”

                  “Wait, wait, wait.” Hoseok waves his hands. “What do you mean, ‘it’s been a while’? You make it sounds like you guys have done this before.”

                  “Sorta,” Taehyung says. “I mean we just did it without the pepero.”

                  “… You two kissed before?!”

                  “That’s a little gay,” Namjoon chimes in.

                  “BRO! YOU CAN’T JUST SAY YOU KISSED AND MOVE ON! TELL US WHEN, WHERE? WHY?!”

                  “He tasted like pork chops.” Taehyung sticks the snack in between his lips. “Ready?”

                  Before Jimin opens his mouth, a loud snap echoes from Namjoon’s side of the room. They look at him, and at the two cracked halves of Hoseok’s game console in his hands. The room goes silent as Namjoon goes pale. They hear Hoseok getting onto his feet.

                  “What…” he utters, ripping the pieces from his grasp. “… the .”

                  “… I’m sorry!” Namjoon cries. “I-I didn’t mean to—”

                  “Shut the hell up!” Hoseok shouts, throwing his broken handheld onto the floor. Taehyung and Jimin can only look on as he explodes. “What the hell is your ing problem, man?! Do you like to screw up other people’s lives?! You paint the whole damn school and then come back like’s nothing. I’ll have you know, you and your damn robots ruined our broadcasting equipment! It’s a goddamn wonder why people throw at you, because you’re a ing psycho. you, man.”

                  He kicks their door open and walks out, leaving a tense air behind. It’s another moment before Taehyung lets out a breath he’s been holding. “… Alright,” he says, standing up. “I’ll go after him. Can you um, talk to Namjoon?”

                  “Y-Yeah,” Jimin replies, noting that the broken console is nothing compared to how damaged Namjoon is.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



I hope I'm Boseong-accurate
also ! would anyone be interested if I uploaded a seperate fic for side stories in the Party Crashers!AU and some discussion chapters, explanations, character profiles, handy info graphics ... ?
like there's so much I want to point out OTL 
It'd be the same thing with Straight Minor and (if anyone has read those). 

or should I just go with a Yoongi/Seokjin POV instead
keep me noted ♥︎