Chapter 3

A Devil at Heart

Krystal came running behind us and pulled me away from Sulli.

“You just lost your only chance. If you had only waited a month. Just a month, I would have divorced you. But did you do? You decided to end our engagement because of a member, who I considered to be my sister. Not only did you embarrass me in front of my members, my family, but also the reporters and better yet, the fans. I will make you pay for this,” Krystal told me.

“If I stayed with you, this would only make it harder for you,” I told her.

“Yes it would make it harder. But I already knew of your affair. Remember what I told you a few months back?”

I remember clearly of what happened that day. It was the day when I first made a suggestion to Sulli. It also happened to be the day that Krystal caught us.

Few months ago

“Sulli, please be with me. I realized that Krystal isn’t the one for me,” I told Sulli.

“I can’t. She’s practically a sister to me,” said Sulli.

“Am I not good enough for you?”

“You are beyond perfect, in fact, too good for me. But what can I do? Krystal is like a sister now.”

“I know. But …. What about us?”

“Us? Let’s just end it before she finds out.”

“End it? No way! You vow to stay with me no matter what happens.”

“I did do that. But, I never knew that you were also with Krystal.”

The truth was, I was only using Krystal. She was only a ‘tool’ to help me get to Sulli. Sad, but true. A few months after being with Krystal, I moved onto Sulli without Krystal finding out and without Sulli even knowing that I was already with Krystal. I wanted to keep both of the relationships at low. The plan worked out fine until Krystal and I were caught by Dispatch on a date and that was when everything went downhill since I couldn’t lie to Sulli anymore and I didn’t want to be with Krystal anymore.

“You know she meant nothing to me!” I shouted in anger.

“Nothing? I meant nothing to you? After all the times I stood by you and supported you? At the end, I’m just nothing?” cried Krystal.

“When do you come here?” I said.

“Sulli, can you please give us some privacy,” Krystal said to Sulli.

Sulli left the room and now, it was just Krystal and I.

“Was I worse than trash?” asked Krystal

“I never said that you were trash,” I replied.

“You never said that, but that’s what you probably thought right?”

“Please Krystal. I’m tired. Let’s talk another day.”

“Why? Because I caught you cheating on me with my member?”

“Please. Let’s stop this. I even warned you that I wasn’t who you thought I was to be. But yet, you still wanted to be with me.”

“I didn’t think that you would be this cruel.”

“But now you see my true self, let’s break up.”

“Break-up? You wish. It’s only been a couple days that our relationship was revealed. In a couple more days, you will be my fiancé and now you want to break-up?”

“I don’t want to cause any more pain to Sulli or even you anymore.”

“It’s too late. I’m already hurt.”

“Please.”

“Please? Did you ever consider my feelings?”

“As I said, I warned you. You did not listen. Let’s break-up. I don’t want to waste my breath on you,” I said this as I pushed Krystal away. However, she grabbed onto me.

“Don’t break-up yet. We’ve revealed that we’ve been together for 3 years. Let’s be together until our engagement day. That proposal was it fake too?” Krystal said this as she sobbed.