--3

Never Ending Nightmares

--3--


 

Ding! Dong!

 

“Coming!” Shei hollered from the kitchen, her voice echoed in the empty house. She wiped her hands on the apron that she tied on her waist. Jogging towards the door and opened it only to be greeted by Lu Han’s uncle, Zhou Mi.

 

“Oh my! Uncle, how are you? Please, come in” Shei stepped aside to let the early thirties man come inside. Zhou Mi scanned the living room which was changed but not that many, it still has the old feeling and nothing could change that.

 

“Lu Han isn’t home yet and Xiu Min is in Korea. I'm preparing dinner, would you like join us?” Shei offered with nice smile. Shei’s personality was someone who cannot hate she’s bubbly and kind person, a person who can make everyone smile in an instant.

 

“Is that okay with you? I hope Lu Han didn’t mind if I do” Zhou Mi said as he pulled off his coat and hang it in the hanger.

 

Shei shook her head, “No, he wouldn’t mind if you join. I believe that, uncle”.

 

“Would you like some drink?” Shei asked. “A cup of tea would do, dear” Zhou Mi smiled at her kind treatment.

 

“Coming right up” She grinned before jogging to the kitchen.

 

Zhou Mi let his eyes wondered around the house which used to be his house back when he was a child. He walked around the large living room, his tracks stopped in front of a drawer.

 

The old picture frames were replaced with new ones but the old pictures still stay there along with other new set of pictures. His gaze fixed on a picture of the new people who residence here now.

 

He traced his long fingers to each face that’s in the picture.

 

Lu Han…Shei Fen…Min Shuo…

 

Shei was in the middle, each Lu Han’s arm on her waist and Xiu Min’s was slung on her shoulder. They looked happy with the big smiles and the diplomas in their hands. Their blue graduation robe shone under the sunlight and with a perfect back ground where everyone was throwing their hats into the air, it was a perfect picture.

 

His eyes went to side where a picture of him and his sisters laid. The youngest were holding a doll, a gift from their mother.

 

A simple boy doll wearing Chinese traditional clothes and it made Zhou Mi through a small flashback. The way that doll stared at him carved in his brain…and he assumed the memory will not be going anywhere until he took his last breath.

 

Zhou Mi stared deeply to picture, to the dolls eyes, he heard whispers…

“Zhou Mi…Miss me?”

 

“Uncle, the tea is on the table, okay? I need to finish preparing the dinner” Shei came to the picture as she placed the hot tea on the table; the sweet scent of the jasmine tea spread all over the room. Zhou Mi shook his head and tried to clear his thoughts away…but then again, shivers ran through his spines as he recalled that familiar voice again…

 

“Thank you, dear” Zhou Mi thanked her. Shei beamed while nodding her head before tottering back to the kitchen. Minutes later, Zhou Mi smelled the scent of delicious food Shei made.

 

The bell rung and then the sound of the door opened were heard. “I’m home~” Lu Han hollered. As he opened his shoes, he saw a pair of male shoes he didn’t recognized. He went to the living room and surprised when he saw his uncle smiling at him.

 

“Welcome home, Han” Zhou Mi greeted. Lu Han gave him an awkward smile while replying, “Hi, Uncle”

 

Not wanting to be rude, Lu Han came to him and gave him a loose hug. “It’s been awhile, Uncle Zhou Mi”

 

Zhou Mi patted Lu Han’s back before pulled away, “Your lovely wife asked me to stay for dinner and I hope you don’t mind if do”. Before Lu Han could reply, Shei appeared.

 

“Of course he don’t mind, right Han?” Shei said while smiling up to Lu Han and also gave him a loose hug, not wanting his uncle felt uncomfortable if he saw a display of affection, “Welcome home”

 

Zhou Mi just watched at side seeing how Lu Han and Shei interaction throughout the dinner, they kept their manners while having a guest on the house and he really appreciate it. But nonetheless their nice treatment towards him, Zhou Mi still noticed the same condition Lu Han has when he was around him.

 

Lu Han was still uncomfortable and intimated…a bit scared he presumed.

 

Not that he minded, but Zhou Mi came here to tell this nephew of his something.

 

“Thank you so much for the lovely dinner, dear” Zhou Mi thanked Shei with a slight bow. Shei bowed back, “Oh no, it was nothing, Uncle. It was nice to have a guest” Shei kindly smiled.

 

“I guess it was time for me to go home” Zhou Mi said. Lu Han insist of escorting him to the door and Shei stayed to clean the dining room.

 

“Lu han” Lu Han heard his name being called. Throughout the years, he became braver to look his uncle in the eyes, and he did.  “Yes Uncle?”

 

Zhou Mi took a deep breath and held Lu Han’s shoulder, making Lu Han rigid in his position. Suddenly, Lu Han felt like he was little again, how can his uncle made him felt so small in just a second?

 

“I hope….” Something in Zhou Mi’s eyes Lu Han didn’t like.

 

“You remember what I said…fifteen years ago

 

Zhou Mi took a glance at the house behind Lu Han before turning back at Lu Han’s eyes. Lu Han felt all of his hair stood up on his body when Zhou Mi said his next sentence.

 

“Be careful at nightmares, Han”

 

Zhou Mi’s hand went down to Lu Han’s hand and put something on it. After that he turned back and walked to the gates, not turning back once, leaving Lu Han gripped at his little gift before opening it.

 

It was a small metallic, ring, or maybe bracelet. It has his name carved on the inside.

 

“Han” it said.

 

Instead of wearing it, Lu Han pocketed it in his pants. He turned and went back in to the house, locking it safely, considering it was already night. With his back leaned against the door, he let his eyes darted around the enormous mansion, oddly he felt… uncomfortable. He wondered why.

 

Is it because of his uncle? No. It was the house itself, but he will just let it slide and let he has his time in the house. As he walked back to the dining room to check on Shei, he was thinking of something.

 

Living in the house with only two people could be very quiet.

 

Should I hire a maid? Lu Han thought. But he knew Shei would say it was a waste, she can clean the house by herself she said. Lu Han believed she must be tired and besides, she must felt alone in this huge house alone. She could have a company.

 

Should I search for a pet too? Maybe, Shei would like it. It was been awhile Shei was jobless, that’s why she always stays at home. Her previous job was in South Korea, working with Xiu Min. But since she was married, she quit so she can stay in China instead.

 

After taking a short shower, Lu Han stepped out of the bathroom and greeted with Shei sitting on the king sized bed with a book on her hands, covers over her legs and looking like a goddess she always do.

 

“What are you reading, Xià?” Lu Han asked her and called her by the nickname he has for her. Summer has always been her favorite season, not caring when it made her sweat or burn her skin. Summer held a special thing for her.

 

Shei giggled when Lu Han tried to peered to her shoulder and wrapping his arm around her waist, the place where she was ticklish most. “You know what I read, Wángzǐ

 

To Shei, Lu Han has always been the ‘Prince’ everywhere. Back then in their school days, in their college days, even in his office.

 

That night they have one of the most comfortable sleeps they ever had, nothing worries them, and nothing could stop them.

 

Yet, with only an hour early in the time zone, Xiu Min was sitting awake on his bed. It was midnight, but he can’t close his eyes for a second. Once he did, a blurry figure appeared before him.

 

“What do you want?” Xiu Min asked in Chinese. It appeared that he brought something from China.

 

Nothing happened but Xiu Min believed it was still here. “Go away” Xiu Min commanded. He briefly closed his eyes only to see it smiled at him.

 

He quickly opened his eyes just in the same time a crash was heard, the window glass broke and something landed on the foot of his bed. Xiu Min saw the light of the moon bounced on the object, making he squinted his eyes out of reflex.

 

He single lidded eyes widened upon looking at the familiar object few feet away. Letting out a shaky breath, he slowly stepped out of the bed and walked to the shiny object. He crouched down and picked up the bracelet his aunt gave him when he was 12 years old.

 

He inspected the metallic object and indeed it was his by looking at his name carved inside the bracelet.

 

Xiu, it said.

 

SCREECH!

 

“Agh!” XIu Min covered his ears, protecting it from the horrible sound. It continued, making Xiu Min crouched down. The glass screeching lasted for awhile until it leaved to complete silence.

 

Xiu Min’s heart pounded in his ribcage hard he thought it was going to burst. He lowered his hands and let out a shaky breath. He slowly stood up and instantly his eyes landed on the carved window glass.

 

“Be careful of nightmares…”

 


Author's note:

Holy cow-- this thing is getting creepier am i right? 

I'm sorry for not updating for so long, i just finished national exam and i'm currently work-less for about...a month and a half maybe? I dunno...But yay, i'm off to a high school (not really anticipating it though), there will be new drama, drama....and...some more drama. I'm hoping the bXtch wasn't in the same school as i am later on...

Here I am, home, have nothing to do but sometimes i draw things and stressing out about the future (i dunno why i did that though), i write and i read, other than that i'm just sleeping and eating i guess..

 

Me too Yixing...me too...

 

P.s Minseok is being a goddamn handsome criminal...(his apperance in Crime Scene 2). I'm going to watch his third act now...Damn 시매니저...

P.s.s Minseok x Hani (EXID) anyone? :3 Idk why but they're cute and Hani is obviously scared of EXO-L's power xD