--2

Never Ending Nightmares

--2--


He followed the few days older man in front of him to the back yard. There was a swimming pool, a garden with a small gazebo in it and of course a giant yard. 

But all of it were not taken cared in the past ten years; leaving it dirty and dead. 

It's been three days after they moved. And in those three days would always end in exhaustion. They cleaned the whole house -of course with some help- from first level till the second floor.

"We need a gardener" Lu Han huffed when he saw the garden's condition. Xiu Min, who was in front of him nodded in agreement.

The pool's water color was in a deep color of brown and filled with leaves and branches. Lu Han grabbed a small net for cleaning the pool. He extended the long stick to the pool and started to take the leaves and branches. 

He stopped in his movement when he saw something moving and then bubbles erupted from the water.

There's something there, he thought. 

Lu Han crouched down and poked the area where the bubbles erupted. Another movement came, the leaves were moving.

He saw something. A dark blurry thing in the water.

He prepared the net to catch it. 

Plop.

Once he lifted it in the air, he sighed in relief. It was just a fish.

"Isn't that Yu Yu?" Xiumin suddenly appeared beside Lu Han. "Isn't he supposed to be dead like when we're six year old?"

Yu Yu was a pet fish they had once. Until it was dead in the aquarium; sliced by something. How come it's here?

"It could be not him. Maybe Nai Nai bought another fish when we're gone" Lu Han pointed out while putting the fish in a bucket. 

"If they really did bought a new one. How come it's still alive after ten years?" Xiu Min questioned. There was an unexplainable tinge of sense in that question. How? 

Lu Han shrugged, "Maybe somehow it dropped from the sky?" Lu Han attempted to joke. The atmosphere became lighter because of the laughter. 

Shei was inside the mansion, folding Lu Han's and her clothes to the wardrobe in their bed room. She grabbed a pile of clothes, stood up, and walked to the wardrobe. 

She saw a drawer inside the wardrobe and so she opened it, revealing a small chest box. Curious, she picked it up and opened it. 

Tarot Cards? Shei pondered. 

Shei only had met Lu Han's grandma before; his grandfather had died ten years ago, so she never met him. Before Lu Han's grandma died, she gave Lu Han the mansion saying it will be her and her husband wedding gift later on.

Who would play tarot cards? Shei thought. Then she remembered Lu Han's aunt Yuen Mi who believed in supernatural as well as Lu Han's uncle, Zhou Mi.

Even his mother believed in it once.

Shei giggled, she didn't believe in this things but she knew how to do it. She wanted to try it on Lu Han later. 

A clang suddenly heard, Shei looked down and saw a circle shaped metallic on the floor.  She picked it up and saw that there are some carvings on the side of the circle.

Han. It said

She inspected it again and realized it was actually a bracelet. A baby's bracelet to be exact. She pocketed it in her shorts; she'll ask Lu Han later.

Shei shuffled to the kitchen to check her cooking. Its lunch time and she was cooking for two grown man, and not the mention one of them loves to eat.

Once she finished setting the table, she jogged to the back door to call the boys.

"Baozi! Deer! Lunch's ready!" 

Xiu Min and Lu Han heard their name being called and whipped their hand to the voice's direction. Shei beckoned them to come and they did, releasing every equipment they had on their hand.

Lu Han arrived at the dining room first. He looked at the appetizing food on the table and his mouth watered at the sight and the scent of it. He was about to touch the chicken but his wife slap his hand away.

 

“Ouch” Lu Han pouted as he rubbed his hand.

 

Shei gave him a look, “Wash your hand first or even better change your clothes because you’re dirty!”

 

Lu Han reluctantly went to their bed room and started to change. He opened the wardrobe and picked a set of clean clothes, and then he started to change from his dirty ones. Putting his shirt on, he suddenly saw something in the corner of his eyes. On the vanity table lay a small chest he knew all too well.

 

Suddenly he remembered something from the past. Something everyone didn’t want to see when their still little. The screaming, the shouts, the curses being thrown… It was just too much…

 

He walked to the vanity table and picked it up. But then something caught his eye.

 

On the mirror, he saw someone leaning on the door frame.

 

Lu Han instantly whipped around.

 

Nothing.

 

He looked back at the mirror and also saw there’s no one there. He calmed down and thought he was only being paranoid because he was tired. Well…he cleaned half of the backyard though.

 

He’d been experience these scary situations since he was ten years old. Throughout the time, he managed to ignore it and it worked. Before, it scared the hell out of him, but now it didn’t because he’s used to it now.

 

He put down the box back on the table and walked back to the kitchen only to be greeted by his brother and his wife sitting on the dining table.

 

“Finally what took you so long? I’m starving!” Xiu Min cried. Once Lu Han sat, he began to eat.

 

Lu Han scooted closer to Shei and said, “Why is my uncle’s box in on our vanity table?”

 

With that, the whole clacking of utensils stopped and silent came.

 

“Uncle Zhou Mi’s precious box?” Xiu Min questioned. There’s a hint of sarcasm in the tone of his.

 

Lu Han nodded in response, “Apparently it is”

 

The brothers knew all too well about that box. It causes problems arise to the family and not only that box, it appeared there’s a whole lot more than just a box.

 

“Just threw it” Xiu Min’s tone became cold when he just did a small flashback. The blood dripping from a dead body was something he didn’t want to remember or to see again.

 

“NO!” Shei suddenly cried. “Please, let me play it once. Just for fun” she begged with her eyes widening. Xiu Min didn’t reply as he quietly ate but Lu Han was in deep thoughts.

 

“Fine” Lu Han finally made a decision. “But after that, we’ll burn it”

 

Shei didn’t know what the commotion of these two men was. She never knew about their family past, but considering the few things Lu Han had mention as well as his grandma’s, it must be not that pretty good.

 

Night came and after a long and tiring cleaning the yard with some local gardeners, everyone was exhausted. After dinner, Lu Han and Xiu Min wanted to hit the bed immediately but Shei has something on her sleeve.

 

“Come on!” She dragged both of them to the living room where the lights were already dimmed and there was only one light one…well considering everyone wanted to sleep already.

 

“Just one read” She pleaded. She pushed them down on the carpeted floor with the coffee table in front of them. Shei jogged to her room and grabbed the box before coming back again.

 

Xiu Min widened his eyes once he saw the box and eerie feeling comeback in his gut. He glanced around the room to check if anything’s suspicious but found none expect the weird coldness coming from nowhere.

 

Shei settled in front of them at the other side of the table. She opened the box and pulled all of the contents in it. “Let’s start with Lu Han” she grinned. All of them suddenly heard a ringtone coming from somewhere near.

 

“My phone!” Shei exclaimed. She pushed the cards to the blank Lu Han then come towards the bedroom to get her one. Lu Han was in trance state, his past kept coming back at him and he didn’t want to remember anything about it.

 

A bang suddenly was heard.

 

“What the hell was that?” exclaimed Xiu Min.

 

Lu Han turned his head to the sound’s direction, “it’s the door”. He took a glance at Xiu Min who shrugged the standing up; heading towards the door. Lu Han too, stood up and followed the older.

 

“The door was closed” Xiu Min said. Lu Han noticed the opened window not far from their position. “The window was opened. Probably the wind” Lu Han said as he closed the window tightly.

 

“Okay bye!” Shei ended the phone call. She came back and settled down once more. “Whew, that was Jiu Ling, she said she missed me” Shei giggled.

 

“Oh, you shuffled the card” Shei uttered and that Lu Han snapped out of it. What? He thought.

 

He even didn’t touch the cards.

 

“Let’s get started” 

 

Lu Han straightened up, Goosebumps crept on his skin and he didn’t like where this is going.

 

Shei pulled out the first card and put in on the table. A cross was made and then another four cards put as a line at the side. The cross reading.

 

Shei hummed before started to read Lu Han’s life. She frowned at the oddness of the cards. She took a glance at Lu Han before turning her  gaze back to the cards.

 

“This is weird” she mumbled.

 

“Death” Shei showed Lu Han the a card underneath the crossed card. “Hmm… maybe just transition…”

 

Shei shook her head, “No, this is wrong. Let’s just-“

 

“Shei, just continue” Lu Han commanded, in his voice held uncertainness but he was certain about one thins…This isn’t his life she was reading.

 

Shei nodded her head before continuing her reading. She saw Xiu Min shifted in his position; he now was paying attention to what’s happening.

 

“King of Seven Cups…this is your goal” Shei said. “This represents the wanting of having power or fortune or something that you have in mind right now. It’s sign that you’ll not giving up later on”

 

“The devil…this is your subconscious. Umm….” 

 

“Are you thinking something bad or slick to get to your goal, Han?

 

Lu Han only shrugged in response.  

 

Shei hummed before pointing at the next card.

 

Lu Han’s heart was pounding in his ribcage. He can somehow felt every wind that passing by and it grew chills on his body. He can see his brother suffering the same state. Only Xiu Min was eyeing something…the candle light above the piano few steps away from them.

 

 

Shei didn’t tell what it is, she just continues.

 

Justice, this is your fear”

 

The candle flame flickered and that was when Xiu Min snapped out of it.

 

Xiu Min hands slammed the table and he shuffled the cards. “It was just a reading. None of it will come true!” He exclaimed with a face full of uncertainty. Shei blankly looked at him and blinked, she didn’t say the readings, but how come he looked like that he knew.

 

“Just stop this and let’s just go back to sleep. It’s late” Xiu Min sighed as he stacked the cards back into the box and then put it away. He need a reminder to burn it first thing in the morning.

 

“Anyway, I have an announcement” Xiu Min said when he put the box away. He turned to the couple and sighed heavily. “I'm going to Korea for three months. My job needs me there. You can have the house for yourself” He lightly smiled.

 

“Three months? That’s pretty long” Shei mumbled. Xiu Min chuckled, ruffling Shei’s hair. “It’s not that long” He replied.

 

"The flight is tomorrow. I'm sorry" Xiu Min apologized. Xiu Min needed to be back to his real home country tomorrow for business problem. Going by the name Kim Min Seok there, he's a successful businessman. 

"Its okay, Ge. We can take care of the house" Shei promised. Shei and Xiu Min have always this special bond. Like real siblings. Lu Han couldn't be happier than ever. 

"Yeah. I want everything is clean when I get back" His in-law sense a double meaning, immediately she attacked him.

"Ge!" Shei exclaimed. "Stop it!"

"And Han" Xiu Min called for Lu Han. Lu Han nodded for him to continue.

"Burn anything reminding, please?" Xiu Min asked. Lu Han nodded, ignoring his wife who is looking confusedly at the two of them. 

"Good night" Xiu Min said before pacing upstairs to his bedroom. Once he was out of the sight, Lu Han pulled Shei by her waist; giving her a back hug and nuzzled his face on the crook of her neck.

"I'm sleepy, Baobei" He muttered. Shei tried to wiggle free from his embrace and when she did, she flee away, "The last one sleep outside" she hollered with giggles.

Lu Han smiled fondly at Shei who suddenly stopped in her tracks and becokned Lu Han to come with a pout. He grabbed her hand then walked together to the bedroom. 

He hoped life could be in bliss like this forever. 


Shei opened her eyes from her deep slumber. She looked at the clock which says 5.55 AM. She tried to pry her husband's arm from her waist carefully. Lu Han could be a light sleeper at times. 

When she stood up, Lu Han was still asleep; which means he must be tired. She heard water running from upstairs; Xiu Min must've taking a shower at the moment. 

Shei shuffled to the bathroom to wash her face and brush her teeth. She switched the light on the light only to be fully awaken by the card that was stuck to the bathroom curtains.

Queen of Wands, it said.

I thought Xiu Min burned this, Shei thought, feeling a little bit creped out. She let out a chuckle, Baozi Ge must be pranking around, what a goofer, She thought with a smile.

Shei disposed the card to the trash bin; she'll make sure that nothing can ruin her morning.

While making breakfast, Shei felt another presence in the room. She looked back to only see Xiu Min in a dress shirt and pants with a luggage. 

 "Morning, Ge. Have a nice sleep?" Shei kindly asked with that smile that everyone loved.

"I do have a nice sleep, thanks for asking, little Mei Mei" Xiu Min ruffled her hair playfully while Shei huffed in annoyance 

"When's your flight, Ge?" Shei asked while fixing her hair, but she heard no reply. She fixed up a bowl of congee and Jiang on the table and also some steamed buns on the table.

"Why can't I always get this right...." Shei heard Xiu Min muttered. She looked up and saw that he was struggling with his neck tie. 

 

Shei chuckled, “Here, let me help you”. She untangled the wrong knotted tie then fixing it herself. “You’re really bad at this, Ge”

 

“Yeah, Lu Han is lucky to have you” He blurted, making Shei looked up to him. “What? You’re not falling for me, are you Ge?” She asked him out of suspicious.

 

“Aniyo!” Xiu Min mother’s tongue reacted itself. “No, Shei, It wasn’t like that and besides I already have my eyes on someone” Xiu Min revealed. He suddenly yanked down by his neck tie by the wide eyed Shei.

 

“Really?! Who is she?”

 

“She’s a close friend” Xiu Min answered and smiled lightly at the thought of his crush.

 

“There done. You better introduce her to me because I want a sister” Shei jabbed him on the chest. Xiu Min can only laugh and shook his head.

 

After he was done eating, Shei followed him to front yard and helped him with his luggage.

“Call me when you arrived there, ge. I’m going to miss you” Shei pouted. She gave Xiu Min his last bag to put the trunk.

 

“I will. Don’t be sad, Princess” he called her by his cutesy nickname for her. He tapped her lips who was making a pout.

 

Xiu Min pulled Shei to his embrace. “Take care of Lu Han, okay? Be a good wife. I'll be back in three months and if I’m lucky, I'll be earlier than that”

 

Xiu Min felt Shei nodded on his chest. He pulled back and gave Shei a sudden light peck on the forehead. He turned his back and went to the car. He gave Shei a wave from inside the car and begun to drive away from his closest people in the world.

 

He didn’t know that he left another trail of blood on the leaves where he walked on. The wind let the leaves blown away, letting it fly up in the air.

 

I won’t let you go anywhere, Jin Min Shuo….


Author's note:

It's been a very very long time since i updated. Hehe >.<

Btw, have you heard EXO's new songs? OMG! They're all so good! My favorite will be 'It's alright','EXODUS',Call Me Baby' and 'Promise'. Everytime i hear 'Promise' i always get emotional, i can fell their pain through the song ;_; 

And in' gawd, Minseok is so damn handsome throughout the concert but somehow my eyes landed on Yixing too. His new hair and y moves just couldn't leave my head all the time >.< (the damn maknae is also smokin' hot!)

A bit of promoting, I notice that my story 'With Coffee' gained a bit of subbies and i believe the reason behind that is Minseok's birthday is nearing (as well as mine. Go Aries babies!) WooHoo! I planed to post a special chapter on that story, so i hope you guys check it out, okay?

TIll next time~