Chapter 3

One Half Belongs To You

Chapter 4: Apologies can go a long way.

Kris had realised a long time ago that Kyungsoo was and forever will always be right. However, even though he knew this, he always seemed to try to prove Kyungsoo (and himself) wrong. So, when his best friend had told him that he wouldn’t be able to last a week without seeing Chanyeol or Joonmyun, he had extreme ambition to prove him wrong.

It wasn’t going so well.

It had been 3 days already since what Kyungsoo had titled ‘The Incident’ (with capital letters) and Kris was proud to say that he hadn’t purposely sought out the two of them. It didn’t leave his mind that it seemed like they were avoiding him as well.

“Soo!” Said person immediately rolled his eyes as he heard the voice from the door. With a slice of pizza halfway to his mouth and a TV remote in his other hand, it wasn’t hard to guess what he had just been about to do.

“I really regret giving you that key now.” He said, continuing his movements without even looking in Kris’ direction.

“Oh hush, you said that like three years ago. And you certainly weren’t saying it when I gave you my key and you continuously used it to your advantage when you raided my home.”

“Shut up, no one cares about you.”

“Woah, that escalated quickly-I see its movie and pizza night and it’s not even a Wednesday. Is Sehun getting more than you again?” Kris smiled at his best friend, a thoroughly amused look on his face. Finally turning to look at the tall blonde, he scowled at the expression on his face.

“I hate your hair and you’re ugly.” The snide remark may have been considered childish by some but Kyungsoo couldn’t really care less.

“I love you too, Soo.”

Kris’ tie fell to the couch that Kyungsoo was sitting on as he made his way over to the fridge.

“You know, I think that Jongin sometimes gets annoyed with how familiar you are in this house.”

Kris shrugged.

“With Kyungsoo comes Kris and with Kris comes Kyungsoo.” He answered, his attention fully on the contents within the fridge.

“There’s some bread, some cheese, some sausage, some bacon, some other crap you like, make yourself a sandwich.” Kris did as instructed.

Seven dull minutes later, with half his toasted sandwich in his mouth, Kris plopped down on the couch with a small ‘thump’.

“Seriously though, are you okay?” He asked, eyes focused on the TV.

“You shouldn’t talk with your mouth full.” Kris stayed silent as he was sure that a rant was soon to start.

“I don’t know Yifan!” There it was. “Do you think I’m fat? Is that why he doesn’t want me anymore? Is Sehun ier than me? Is he getting tired of me? Am I too much? Too much attitude? Is he tired of dealing with me? Does he like someone else? What if it’s that other Chinese guy that he hangs out with?”- “Yixing?”-“Yeah whatever his name is! Who cares? Wait, wasn’t his name Lay? Slay? Doesn’t that mean flawless or something? Does Jongin think the guy is Beyoncé or something? Yifan!”

“Hm? Oh yes.” Kris blinked as to return his focus back to the small male in front of him. “Well, I can tell you that nothing will happen there. Yixing is an angel and already in a –well, not really- stable relationship.” A confused frown overtook his face as Kyungsoo began to look at him expectantly. Realisation hit him quickly and not with a small force.

“Oh! Oh. Right.” He grabbed Kyungsoo’s shoulders with a serious look. “Do Kyungsoo. You are an incredible male individual. You are beautiful, compassionate…well, sometimes…you’re talented, cuddly…really cuddly…and fluffy…huggable…adorable…soft…tin-“

“Ok! I get it! Gosh, sometimes I think you’re in love with me…” Kyungsoo exclaimed with his cheeks tinted red with a blush.

“That’s because I do.”

“W-“

“What?!” Kyungsoo was interrupted by a shocked exclamation from the front door. Jongin had come in unnoticed by Kyungsoo and had overheard the confession.

“Jongin?”

“What did you just say?” Jongin’s rage was evident in his quick steps as he stalked all the way over to Kris. Bending to poke his chest harshly he began to threaten the taller male. “You can’t have him. He’s mine. He’s way too beautiful, funny, talented, kind, adorable, just plain perfect for you. You can’t have him. I love him.

“And there you have it Soo.” Kris rolled his eyes, took Jongin’s finger off his chest and focused his attention back to the TV, moving himself to get a better view of the TV. His hand reached for another a slice of pizza.

“What?” Jongin blinked confused. Kyungsoo made his way over to his boyfriend and kissed his cheek.

“I’m sorry baby, but I think you completely misunderstood.” He began to explain. “Of course Kris is in love with me. Me meaning my food, my advice, my awesomeness, and the stuff I’m going to say to him in about an hour when he realises he’s an idiot and my mother who he believes is God’s greatest gift. Not me as in me.” He kissed Jongin’s face once again, ignoring the relieved feeling in his chest and a small twinge of gratitude that fluttered within him as he scowled in the direction of his best friend who continued to stuff his face with Kyungsoo’s pizza.

“And you! Why did you have to word it in that way? Obviously someone could misunderstand!” Kris shrugged, his hand reaching for another pizza. “Stop eating my pizza!” Kyungsoo lunged himself forward, jumping unto Kris’ broad chest with a war-cry.

“-Ow-Fuc-Soo!” Kris groaned painfully as Kyungsoo landed on him, hard.

“Stop eating my pizza or I’ll make you vomit!” Kris knew not to test Kyungsoo’s patience when it came to his food.

“Fine, you . You’re such a pig.”

“A pig? You eat in all of my fridge!” Kris ignored that particular comment.

As the two continued to bicker, Jongin was simply befuddled. He knew that long ago that the two’s friendship was something that he would never come to understand but seeing scenes like these never failed to surprise him. Shaking his head, he began to walk to the room he sometimes shared with his lover.

“How could I forget how weird they are?” He continued to ask himself.

Back in the living room, the situation had calmed down long ago and the two males continued to quietly watch the movie I front of them.

“Soo!”

“I was really wondering when you would start.” Kris really had become excellent at ignoring Kyungsoo.

“I don’t know what to do! I don’t want to see them, but I miss them so much! I want to see them but what would I say? The Incident just made everything so awkward! What if they don’t even want to talk to me anymore?” Kris was slowly beginning to panic and Kyungsoo was slightly nervous watching him.

“Please don’t have a panic attack- I’m surprised that you didn’t have one in The Incident- because I don’t think I have your spare inhaler anywhere near and I don’t really want to give you mouth-to-mouth while my boyfriend is only a few feet away and I don’t think I could handle that right now and-“

“This is my turn to rant and worry!” Kris interrupted him with an upset frown on his face.

“But it calmed you down didn’t it?” Kyungsoo was met with a flat and unimpressed face.

“I hate your hair and you’re ugly.”

“I love you too, FanFan.” Kris scowled.

 

--x—

I don’t know why but something about me really hated this chapter. As you can probably tell, I really can’t write for a long period of time. I also can’t upload often because I’m really busy at school lately but I promise that I do try my best. My plans are always long but then they the chapter never meets the criteria.

I’m sorry if this chapter was utter crap. OTL. I think it was mostly just showing the inner workings of KrisSoo relationship.

The plan is for the three to meet again next chapter but who knows? It rarely goes to plan.