Chapter 4

Project Pi

2 years ago...

"Sulli, just liste-" her mother tried to calm her down.

"No. I won't. You can't make me-" Sulli yelled.

"Stop!" her father yelled. The first time he had spoken since he explained to Sulli the arranged marriage he planned. "All the sacrifices we make for you! You ungrateful child!"

"Dad..." Sulli said softly

"The struggles your mother and I went through ... the company will benefit from this marriage with JK Group.". Sulli looked at her parents as if they were joking.

"I'm not getting married" Sulli said defiantly.

"Sulli, the company isn't doing as well-" her father cut off her mother "No. No point in explaining to this useless child. Choi Sulli." he stared dead at her "If you do not marry him, then you are no daughter of mine"

Her father saw the look in his daughter's eyes, horror amd disgust. If she just understood why he was doing this then...

"Then I guess I'm not your daughter." She ran up to her room, done with this conversation.

 

"Sulli, we're going out now." her mother hoped she had gotten over it, but after she didn't come come down, she cam to accept she didn't. "Leave her, we don't have a daughter now" her father left for the car, her mother following after him. Sulli watched them leave from the staircase, hoping her father didn't mean what he said. Hopig he knew she didn't mean it either. But expecting her to marry someone she didn't know for a company she didn't want to be part of in the first-place, was ridiculous.

"What am I supposed to do, Heechul?" she said looking up towards the skylight, displaying the pounding storm happening just out the door.

 

Sulli rushed to the phone, waking up to the ring of the phone. Seeing it was 1 in the morning on the clock,"Hello?". "Hello, is this Choi Sulli?" a voice asked. "Yes, who is this?" Sulli didn't recognize the Caller ID. "This is Detective Lee of Seoul Police Station, we just recieved word that your parents have been involved in a major car accident. Do you mind-" Sulli dropped the phone, taken back. Already on the ground, crying.

Sulli ran into the hospital, still in her sweats and over-sized shirt, looking for her parents. "Choi Sulli?" she turned around and saw Detective Lee waiting for her. "Yes, where are my parents?" she looked everywhere frantically. "I'm sorry-" as if the whole world was muted, Sulli broke down in tears, Detective Lee holding her. Bystanders pitying her for her loss. 

"Poor thing" says a distant nurse. "What?" Minho looked up from his paperwork. "Another death notice" she pointed to Sulli. Minho looked over and shrugged,"Oh well". The nurse glared at him,"Dr. Choi. Keep saying things like that, and people will think you don't have a heart". He leaned closer to her,"I don't care what they think, as long as I have you on my side, I'll be fine" he winked. Always-flirting-with-the-nurses, Dr. Choi left the room, without a second thought.

 

Present Time...

"Hello?" Minho knocked on her door,"Sulli?". He came in looked around her house, small and quaint. A few picture frames, some decorative statement peices from where she actually lived. "So she does live in Korea" he mumbled. "Of course I do" Startled, Minho squealed a little. "Don't do that" he straightened his shirt to salvage what little dignity he had,"We're missing some of boxes, the ones with our clothes". "I wanted to talk to you about that actually." she sat down on her couch "the shiping company lost them"

"What?!?!"

"But don't worry they said they'll ship them out as soon as they find them"

"So what are we supposed to wear?" Minho said referring to him and Taemin.

"Looks like Grandma Masai has already given you some" Sulli couldn't exactly compliment his clothes, considering he looked like he was in 1975, so decided to stretch the truth "interesting fashion choices".

And with that, she shooed him out saying,"People will think wrong if they see you leave here late". Teasing her,"What are they going to think?" he leaned closer, a little hurt she pushed his face away. 

"You know what they'll think, Minho." she left him outside,"And I can't have that".