Chapter 3

Project Pi

"Excuse me" says a pertruding voice.

"Excuse me" again. A tone bit louder.

Only another "Excuse me" and woke up both Minho and Taemin. Seeing a very, agitated flight attendant. "We've landed. You may now exit the plane."

Both men look and notice that they are the very, last people to exit the plane. Even the flight attendent exited before them. Coming out of the gate, Taemin sees Sulli holding a sign with 'Dr. Choi & Dr. Lee' on it. "Is that for us?" Taemin said pointing to her.

"Hello, you must Sulli" Minho said, remembering her in Siwon's postcard. "Hello, We're so pleased to have you-" Minho cut her off. "No problem, now where's the car?" Siwon probably over-exaggerated how good of a person he was. What good is having a doctoral when you have the personalty of a mule, she thought, Siwon told me he was arrogant but he forgot to mention that he was also a rude - "Hello? Hello? I think she's out of it" Taemin said while waving his hand in her fade for attention.

She caught his hand mid-wave,"This way." she said dryly. "Krystal!" Sulli yelled. "Krystal?" Taemin asked. "My friend" Sulli said pointing to a woman at the coffee hut near. Taemin looked to see who Sulli was calling and felt his whole world stop. The way she sauntered over to the group, hair blowing in the wind-, or fan that happened to placed there, Taemin felt like he was in a movie. Her smile, almost blinding, made him feel comfort. 

"Hello, you must be Dr. Choi and Dr. Lee. I'm Krystal" she held her hand out to Taemin. Taemin stood there motionless, still in awe, she retracted her hande before he was ready to shake it. Minho nudged him, giving him a whats-going-on-with-you? look.

The group proceeded to Sulli's truck. "This is your car?" Minho said unimpressed as he ran his finger against the hood collecting dust,"How long has it been since you washed it?". Sulli almost ready to punch him,"Its almost a known fact that Africa lacks in the necessary essentials for human living, such as clean water. So using it for my car really isn't my top priority at the moment." she informed. Minho felt his PhD being ripped right from his mouth. "There's only room for 3 though," Minho said. "Guess one of you has to sit in the back" Sulli said looking at both boys. Taemin was already inside the car before Minho could even touch the door.

 

Minho looked around and felt back break in a million different ways. As if the road wasn't already rough, she had to drive over every speed bump in Africa. 

"And here we are" Sulli said grandly to both men. Already 8 at night, they arrived at an emplty lot. Minho didn't see anything. "What am I looking at?" Minho said. "The free clinic, of course" Minho looked at her to check if she was alright. "The location, at least" she pointed north "There's a children's school that way. Because of the distance to the hospital, parents don't take them for checkups.". Pointing south,"That way is a village filled with elderly and families. Its even further for them. The clinic will be a easy-enough trip for the children and families, and deliveries to the elderly will be made daily".

Minho began to see it too, her vision. And he saw other things too, like her excitement for health care. Bit adorable, in his opinion. Stop. No. Not her. Definitely not her. Help out for a few months Then leave. Stick to the plan, he thought.

"Okay, but where are we staying?" Minho asked. Horrified she might actually make them sleep in a construction lot. "Don't worry, you guys are staying in one of Kenya's most lush, accomadations" she said cunningly.

 

Minho felt the car come to a stop and only saw an over-sized concrete box,"Why are we stopping?" he asked. "Just a quick stop." Sulli said. "Use this time to stretch out your legs" she said as she walked to the what Minho figured out was a house. Taemin took this chance to redeem himself to Krystal, and hopped outside of the truck along with her. "So ... do you ... watch Game of Thrones??" she looked up to him, and he saw her earbuds,"huh?". Panicked,"Nevermind!" he said, or more of yelled in her ears. She moved a bit away from him. 

Sulli knocked on the door,"Good evening, I'm sorry to bother you. The drive took longer than expected. Here are the gentlemen I told you about." Sulli said to the family, pointing to Minho and Taemin. "Like I said, they will do their part around the house, and this only temporary until the clinic is built." Sulli said in swahili. The couple nodded, anything for Sulli. 

"Hey, come meet the Masai's" Sulli called to Minho and Taemin. "Dr. Choi and Dr. Lee, meet the Masai's. You'll be staying with them for the time-being. Minho and Taemin were about to protest but found a hand on their butts and saw Grandma Masai feeling up both of them. In Swahili, "Butts like these, and you'll be liked by the whole village" she said coyly. Ready to jump back into the truck, Krystal had already dumped their carry-ons and speeded off with Sulli.

Both men found themselves at dinner with a family of 9. 6 yelling toddlers, a handsy grandma, a couch-potato dad with a pot-belly and a wife who's yelling almost makes the house rock. Ironic for a house made of concrete. During their stay with Masais, Minho and Taemin soon befriended the Masai's 16 year old son, Eli. 

"Hey, Eli, where's the shower?" Taemin asked, only seeing a sink and toilet. "We don't have a shower, not worth the fees and such. There's a bath house down the road. I can take you tomorrow morning." Eli said.

 

The Next Morning...

"Why are we even up this early?" Minho complained after Eli woke them up at 5 in the morning. The hot water only comes in the morning. Plus, its Monday, which means everyone is at work. So no one is there."

 Minho came to halt when he saw Sulli exiting the bath house in nothing but a small towel, barely covering her. He felt like covering his eyes, but he couldn't. Legs, so much leg, and s, damn. Finally brought back to reality, he saw Sulli waving at him. He was just probably tired from his flight, she thought, no reason to think he's a rude person. 

Taemin caught on into the trance as he saw Krystal coming out too. Drying her hair with her towel made her arms jingle, which let to her s. He felt an endless spring of nose-bleeds coming, so better relish in the moment and hem worth it. A little more 'drying' and the towel would come off her drippy, body. "Taemin, your nose is bleeding." Minho said plainly. 

"Ah, like what you see, boys?" Eli said cocky. "Watch this" he said walking to the two. "Good morning, Sulli and Krystal" Eli said warmly bringing both females into a hug. And even though neither female noticed, both males saw it and mentally burned it in their heads. Eli touched nip-to-nip. Glorious.

"Good morning, Eli, Dr. Choi, Dr. Lee." Sulli said. "I'm sorry, did we not formally greet each other?" Minho said breaking the space between her and Eli, but still managed to stay ut of her bubble. She almost-, he thought, sweat fell down the back of his neck like a waterfall. (AU Note: Ironic simile given the setting and the line-of events that needed to lead to this scene, and future) "My name is Minho and this Taemin" he said boldly, which came off a bit arrogant.

"Well, Minho, the bath house is all yours. No one's up or home so basically the whole village is yours" she waved over to Krystal who looked as if she was ready to file a restraining order against Taemin. The two hurried away from the gentlemen. 

"Wow, this place is really not that bad." Minho said as he washed his arm. "Hey, when you two are ready, come out and lets go to breakfast." Eli said as he headed out of the pool. 

"Hey, Minho, where are our clothes?" Taemin said looking at Minho. " I thought you brought them". Minh0 looked to his friend thinking dumb could he possibly be. "So we have no clothes? Did you bring our towels?" Taemin looked to his commrade, shook his head as a 'no'.  Sulli, and

After hurrying to the men's changing room, Minno and Taemin saw that the clothes they had come in were missing. Fantastic. "So we're completely and no towels." The two men sat in their changing rooms, thinking of what to do. Minno rose from his seat, "I have an idea!" Sulli

Both men looked out from the bathhouse door, "The village is still asleep, right? That means no one will be awake to see us. On the count of 3, we make a run for it." Minho said. "Wait, on 3 or after 3?" Minho truly felt he was with the stupidest person on Earth right now. Taemin, sensing this,"You know what, I'll just follow you"

Expecting to see nothing, Minho saw a bustling village of people, and they saw them. Minho saw Sulli, and Sulli saw him. Taemin saw Krystal see him, feeling less and less each time he saw her. Getting cat-called by the elderly women with Sulli couldn't top Grandma Masai's squeeze. Minho and Taemin could only look down when Sulli approached them with towels. "Here you go" she restrained her laugh and hand them their towels. Taemin turned to Minho,"Things can't possibly get worse" but it did, "Hey, everybody," Sulli yelled,"Meet our new doctors, Dr. Choi and Dr. Lee"

She stepped toward Minho,"I think there's ointment for a scar like that and in that area."