Chapter 2

Project Pi

"Tell me, what do I have to say to talk you out of this?" Taemin pleaded. "Kenya? You can't even go a day without your phone." Taemin trying figure out how to bring his best friend back to reality. 

"They do have cell towers over there, Taemin. Its not a wasteland." Minho said

"It might as well be. Do you know why she's volunteering? To turn it into a not-so-wasteland." Taemin threw another dart, off-target, again. "You don't even have your license back."

As if by magic, Minho's phone buzzed with a new text,"license reinstated" as a preview. "Now I do".

"Not even a week and you get it back. When are you leaving?" Taemin said as he realized there was no point in reasoning with him. 

"Tomorrow"

"What did your sister say?"

"She said that my trip was fully paid for, courtesy of Chairman Lee. Eager, she said. Also said, I shouldn't worry." Minho said nonchalantly.

"Why?"

"Simple. Once the board reviews my case after I submit a notice for releasing my bann, they'll see my work in Kenya and think I've changed for the better good. Release my ban. Back in less than 6 months."

"Wow, so you're really going through with it" Taemin said.

"No choice, but hey, sure is a resume-builder." 

 

Meanwhile in Kenya...

"A doctor? From Korea?" Krystal asked. "Why's he comin' here?"

"Siwon-oppa said he needed some work out-of-country" Sulli said as she unloaded her truck. "Besides, it'll be good to have another doctor here."

"He's hot, huh?" Krystal cut to the point. Sulli hit her head,"No, I actually don't know what he looks."

Sulli counted the crates, and recounted after. "I'm getting 14. But he said he was shipping 15."

Krystal stepped in,"What are you talking about?"

"Minho" Sulli said as she walked back to the truck "He said was shipping 15 boxes. But I keep getting 14."

"Not like he'll care, probably books and stuff"

 

The Next Day...

"Flight 404 to Kenya will be delayed for another 2 hours. Thank you for flying AirKorea." says the intercom.

Minho groaned, already has the flight been delayed for 3 hours, but for 5 hours,"should just cancel the flight"

"And what good would that do?" Minho looks up to see Taemin with his carry-on. "What are you doing here?"

"This is all your fault, if you didn't sleep with his daughters, we wouldn't be here" Taemin said. "We?" Minho asked. "You really think I'm going to let you die in Kenya alone? As your best friend, I have a moral duty."

"My sister sent you, didn't she?"

"Yup"

 

Back in Kenya...

"Hey Krystal, how many boxes did that Dr. Lee send?" Sulli yelled. "The paper says 15" Krystal responded "I only have 14. Weird."

"He's bringing another doctor? Do you think he's cute?" Krystal wondered. "We'll just have to see. They're coming tomorrow. Come with me to the airport."

"Sure, ohh and how's the clinic coming? Are you sure we should build it there? Reports of bandits have been coming up around there." Krystal informed.

"I know, but its an equal distance from the village and school for the kids. Might as well put it there so the kids can have a check-up before going home. Also don't want the elderly to walk far for their medicine."

Krystal impressed,"Wow, you've really thought of everything. Speaking of everything, When's he coming back?", Krystal said referring to Sulli's fiancé, Kai. "In 2 months" Sulli said overly-happy. "Invitations have been sent out too."

"You're really going through with it? Your parents-" Krystal stopped there, knowing it was still a sensitive subject "I'm sorry"

"It's okay. Besides, this is what mom and dad would've wanted." Sulli said with a fake smile