Chapter 1

Project Pi

"You know he's coming after you, right?" Taemin said to Minho who was pre-occupied with his game of darts. "Yeah, so might as well make my career last before they strip me of my license-" he phone buzzed as a new text witshouldn't practice ed to practice to medicine" was in the preview of it. "And there it is" Minho drank his beer and sat down.

"Wow, in only 4 hours and 24 minutes. They're getting faster." Taemin plucked the darts out of the board. "You know, I think the chairman has it out for me" Minho puts down his drink to execute his point. "Probably because you slept with both his daughters-" Taemin stops talking as he sees him walk into the bar.

"Look who it is, Dr.- oh wait. I heard your license was stripped. So its just Choi Minho" says Minho's nemesis since the 2nd grade, Lee Jong Suk.

"I wonder how the hospital will react when they find out a doctor on-call is drunk" Minho says as Jong Suk practically inhales a shot. Rookie mistake.

Jong Suk tries to change the topic,"Banned to practice medicine in all Korea. At your age and the time it would take to change careers. Really makes you think, huh? Was it worth it?"

"Don't change the topic, one word about you being drunk while on-call, and you'll be sitting right next to me" Jong Suk walked away after that.

"So how are you going to get your license back?" Taemin asked. "Like I always do, talk to the President of the board."


"What do you mean I can't get my license back?" Minho ruffled his hair. Expecting to use his loving sister, Victoria, Minho felt her traust ain each time he asked for a favor.

"Chairman Lee is really pushing your license dismissal, and other chairmans are supporting him. Minho, as your sister, I'll do everything to at least get your license back. But as President of the Board, I agree that you shouldn't be practicing in-country" she explained.

Minho paced in circles, until a light bulb beamed in his head,"In-country. I can't practice in Korea. But with my license back, I can practice anywhere OUTSIDE of Korea."

 "Are you serious? Where are you going to go? You can't just come up with an idea and not have a plan to along. Trust me, in a few years-"

"Few years? I can't wait a few years. I'm leaving."

"And where are you going to go?" She nearly yelled but he was already out the door.

 

Minho wiped the front sign before walking into the building,"Is anyone here?" Minho looked around and trash on the floor and old newspapers everywhere. "Call this a clinic? Place's a mess"

"Ahh, Minho, what brings you here?" emerges Minho's childhood mentor, Siwon. "Here, sit down, do you want some coffee?"

"No, thank you. I was planning on a studying abroad and I remembered you having friends out-of-country." 

"Yes, actually most of them have returned to Korea since we last spoke."

"Ohh, did they?" Running out options, Minho started to think his career might truly be over.

"But."

"But?"

"I think she's still there." Siwon said as he made his way over to his mass pile of mail. And came back to the area, both him and Minho were sitting and handed him a postcard. "Her name's Sulli, she's been volunteering at a Red Cross unit. Says she's building a free clinic over there, and could use some help around the place."

Minho looked at the postcard and saw a pale-face girl amongst the children,"She's pretty"

"Right, so do you want it?" Siwon said as he put down his cup. 

"Sure, I'll do it"

"Wonderful, then I'll give her a call" Siwon made his way to the phone.

"By the way, where is it? The clinic?"

"I forgot, flip the card"

Mibho flipped the postcard and saw the orgin of the card,"KENYA?!?"