Chapter Three

Do NOT Read This Please...

I had woken up feeling the warm sunshine on me through my window. I felt like something was going to happen today; something good. I haven't had that feeling in a long time, ever since my mom died and I moved from Japan to South Korea. It felt as if I'm metaphorically being brought closer back to Japan. I got up stretching like I always do and went over to my closet to pick out something to wear. I ended up picking out a black and white polka dotted jacket with a pair of shorts and converse. I walked downstairs smelling steamed rice, miso soup, tamagoyaki, seasoned nori, tskumeno, and natto. Of course I avoided the eyes of the pictures again.

"Morning Airi." My dad greeted his usual chipper self.

"Morning." I said sitting down at the table.

I grabbed my chopsticks and started eating the food he prepared. I was prepared to be throwing up later but to my surprise it was actually really good.

"So how is it?" He asked me leaning over, his nose almost in my rice.

"Not bad." I replied putting some natto on my rice and digging in.

"Finally!" He yelled proudly, pumping his fists in the air.

He then began to eat as well.

"Hey Airi, I have a question to ask you," He asked with his mouth full of tamagoyaki, "more like a favor...".

"What?" I asked curious of what he had in mind.

"Well since we’re new here I was thinking that I could make a cake and you could deliver it to our neighbors across the street." He said ready to go into puppy dog mode.

"Aren't they supposed to give us the food, and not the other way around?" I asked him feeling too lazy to go across the street and give them food.

Plus........ Taemin scares me.

"Awwww come on Airi! We should be friends with our neighbors!" He said giving me the puppy dog eyes.

"Just like when you ran over the neighbors phone?" I asked remembering the funny event.

"That phone had no right being there!" He defended.

"Ahaha okay, fine I'll deliver the cake." I said seeing no point to try and persuade him.

"Yay! I'll go get it started!" He said excited his cooking skills have advanced so much to not make you go to the ER.

I laughed at his energy and grabbed all the empty dishes and went over to the sink and started washing them. When I finished up in the kitchen I decided to look at the family room to see what it was like because the only times I've been in there was when I was walking to the kitchen. I looked at all the different things, the fireplace with spider webs, the window with spider webs, the ceiling with spider webs, the clock with spider webs, the couch and chairs with spider webs, the piano with spider webs, every-freaking-thing had spider webs on it.

Two things that I am terrified of are haunted houses, and bugs. How lucky am I to get those two things in my house. I will make it my plan to get rid of all the bugs and make this house less scary! In the middle of my thought my dad called me.

"Airi, the cake’s done!" He said excitedly.

I walked into the kitchen to find a simple white cake with light blue letters reading 'Please Welcome Us To The Neighborhood ( ^-^ )b'

Oh dad, you just had to put that face in there didn't you?

"Okay, bye." I said picking up the cake and walking to the door.

"Wait, Airi! Do you think it's nice?" My dad asked anticipating my answer.

"I think it's very cute." I told him walking out of the house and shutting the door behind me.

I walked across the street and walked up to Taemin’s front door. I knocked on it expecting Taemin or one of his parents to answer. To my surprise it wasn't either, it was a girl about my age maybe older.

"Oh... hello." She greeted not sure why I was here.

"Uh... I just moved in next door and here's a cake." I said holding the cake towards her.

"Oh! Why don't you come in?" She said smiling and gesturing for me to come in.

"Thank You." I said bowing to her and stepping inside of her house. It was really nice, modernly decorated with pine floors.

I slipped off my shoes and she led me into the kitchen where I set the cake on her counter.

"What's your name?" She asked smiling brightly.

"Suzuki Airi." I said smiling. You might be wondering why I didn't give Taemin my name, well that's because he scares me and I really don't need a stalker.

"Natsuyaki Miyabi." She said sticking out her hand so we could shake. I shook her hand remembering Taemin.

"Lee Taemin lives here right?" I asked sitting down on a stool near me.

"Yeah, he's my brother." She answered sitting down as well.

"Why do you have a Japanese last name and he has a Korean?" I asked curiously.

"We're not really related; my dad married his mom." She answered fixing her hair.

"Oh... uh… Where is he?" I asked nervously.

"Ahaha, you've met him haven't you?" She asked noticing my nervous voice.

"Yeah....." I answered remembering our meeting.

"I'm not surprised." She said shaking her head.

"Miyabi, who's here?" Taemin asked coming down the stairs.

Shoot!

I quickly looked for a place to hide and jumped over their island hiding behind it.

"No one’s here." She said casually.

"I heard someone Miyabi." He said getting upset that his step-sister wasn't telling him.

"Nope, just me." She said covering a smile with her hand.

Oh gosh. No, no ,no. Not now!

"But I was sure I heard.....” He started but was interrupted by my sneeze.

"Achoo!" I sneezed covering my mouth.

Taemin ran behind the island and stared at me confused. I sat there staring up back at him sitting in the fetal position.

Shoot.

"Airi!" Taemin exclaimed smiling widely.

I jumped up and ran for the door yelling, "Bye Miyabi, I'll talk to you another time!"

I opened up the door and bolted for my house. I ran up the porch steps and opened the front door and ran inside panting hard. I made it home safe!

"Oh Airi, you're back! Did they like the cake?" He said getting excited for my answer.

"Yeah." I replied still panting.

"Success!" Dad yelled throwing his fist in the air.

I walked up the stairs and went into my room and plopped myself on my bed. 'Well at least I think I made a new friend!^^' I thought before I dozed off into sleep.