Chapter Twenty Three

Do NOT Read This Please...

  I walked down a narrow path enjoying the autumn breeze blowing my bangs out of my eyes. Not entirely ready to head back to my house I decided to walk around and look through the windows of some small family shops. A little boy whizzed past me holding onto a small doll. A little girl that looked to be the same age ran after him rubbing her eyes to try and stop crying. I frowned at the scene ready to step in and say something to the little boy. The boy stopped running and smiled shyly at the girl holding the doll behind his back. The little girl pouted pointing angrily at the boy's hand that held the doll. The boy shook his head smiling wider and pointed to his cheek winking. The girl pouted more and shook her head pointing again at his hand. The boy was persistent on getting a kiss and shook his head smiling widely and closing his eyes. The girl took a step forward and leaned in but just before her lips came in contact with his cheek she brought her fist up to his cheek instead and ran off with the doll. The little boy stood there stunned for while then shook his head laughing and ran after the girl. I rolled my eyes at the two kids and continued on my way. 

 I came to a small flower shop and stopped walking, my sinuses being filled with pleasant aromas of freesias' and daises and lilacs and all sorts of different kinds of flowers. I pulled open the door to the shop. A small jingle rang off the bells tied to the door signifying I was here. I paced around the store smiling at all of the simplistic beauty that surrounded me. An older lady walked up to me smiling graciously. 

  "I haven't had someone besides myself in this store for a while now." She stated coming around from behind the counter and stepping towards me.

 I blinked a couple of times not sure what to respond. 

 "Why don't you come to the back of the store with me; I keep my prettiest flowers there." She said her eyes crinkling at the edges from her worn out smile. 

  I stood there unsure of what to do, deciding it'd be rude to decline I followed her to the back of her store.

  It was evident that she didn't receive many visitors. The word lonely practically painted the walls. Cobwebs cascaded across old scratched up pictures. Spiders danced across the tables landing on an old cushions and finding places to hide in shadows. I frowned when I found a picture of a young women on her wedding day crying in a corner huddled up in her own dress. 

 "Not many visitors since the accident..." She trailed off her eyes landing on the picture I had found. 

 "E-excuse me?" I asked worried for her.

 "My fiancée died on the way to our wedding..." She trailed off again.

 Her eyes contained a kind of sadness that could break hearts just by gazing into them. 

 "I-I am so sorry." I said my brows knitting together in concern.

 "Please promise you'll come back tomorrow." She said pleadingly staring me straight in the eye.

 "Um... I... don't know... if I'll be able to." I told her unsurely.

  She walked over to a book shelf pulling out a thick book carrying layers upon layers of dust.

 "Take this." She said handing me the book.

 "What is it?" I asked confused.

 "Read it and you'll find out." She replied walking over to an old rocking chair and sitting down in it.

 "Please come back again." She pleaded once more.

 "...Alright." I replied sighing.

  "Thank you dear." She responded sincerely her eyes crinkling as she started to sing a song that I found strangely familiar.

  I walked quickly out of the back room and sprinted out of the store. I examined the book she gave me; in small letters it read "For Your Garden". I shrugged and put the book into my book bag and walked home humming the same song the ajumma sang.
 

So, it's been a while... Can I just say that I am soooooo veryveryveryveryvery sorry for not updating in forever, and on top of that almost deleting my story+account on aff. Thank you so much for those of you whom have stuck with me as an author. You guys are the reason why I'm still writing. I owe you all so much for that. Thank you. Seriously though, thank you. ( :