Prologue

왜 - Why [Kaisoo Fanfic]

 

Title: 왜
Pairing: Jongin / Kyungsoo.
Rating: Mature (Currently PG-13)
Length: 3 chapters (Prologue/3)

Prologue;


Jongin sat on the bench, shoulders hunched slightly as he threw various chunks of bread at the pigeons. The sun was out that day. A warming heat caressed the young man's face, defying his chiseled features. Paying no attention on his surroundings. Jongin's eyes were glazed over, fixed staring at the pigeons.

'They said you're not allowed to feed them'

Jongin didn't react, instead deciding to chuck yet another piece of bread on the ground. A silence was shared between the two of them, with the exception of the noise of the pigeons. Jongin turned to the young man stood next to him. His eyebrows were prominent, the fullness of them very hard to miss. As the stranger looked towards at the birds in front of them, Jongin regarded his large, dark eyes, giving him an innocent and doe-like expression despite the fact Jongin was sure the newcomer was older than him. Deciding that he was staring too long, hetook to feeding the birds again.

' what they said'

Jongin chucked yet another piece of bread, his arm aching from throwing.

A slight laugh was heard from next to him and the other man sat next to Jongin without a sound. His small hands opting to grab onto some of the bread from between them, chucking random pieces to the ground.

~

Friday 25th March 2011

I met Kyungsoo today.

~~~~~~

Time seemed to move so slowly for Jongin. Air become dense and harder to inhale, everything adopting a grave and dim atmosphere all too familiar. An unwelcome darkness crept into Jongin's mind, corrupting his thoughts much like he so desperately tried to escape from.

You couldn't help him

His grip tightening on the umbrella as Jongin's tears made their way down his cheeks, merging with the rain falling above everyone's heads. He refused to pay attention. Attention to the looks of sorrow from people who would never truly understand, to Chanyeol, to Sehun, to Kyungsoo's brother. Jongin refused to pay attention to any of it. Everything apart from the slab of rock in the ground with the words setting a chill in his spine. Allowing the darkness to creep its way back into Jongin's mind.

He never even told you why

Jongin reached into his pocket, enclosing the slip of paper in his hand. Fingers turning numb from the pressure as well as the cold atmosphere, more tears fell from his face. Vision now to blurred to see anything, Jongin's eyes remained dead set at the tombstone ahead of him. In hopeless vanity he attempted to push out the single questions in his head

Why...

Tilting his umbrella slightly back, Jongin glared at the sky. Fighting through the rain and the tears in his eyes, blinking repeatedly, as if he was going to get an answer. Numerous wishes and questions running within Jongin's head. His has begun to shake at the combination of hurt and anger. A gentle touch of a hand was felt on his shoulder. Sehun cautiously removed the umbrella from Jongin's hand, holding it above his head for him. He let go of Jongin's shoulder, running a hand against his back.

"Jongin."

Sehun trailed off not finding the words right. Instead Sehun decided to simply stand beside him, letting his friend battle his own demons. Jongin diverted his eyes from the sky. Focusing on a giant puddle forming not so far in the distance.

Kyungsoo you sick bastard. Avoidance never pays off...

~

In loving memory of
Do Kyungsoo
1993 - 2014
"Never be afraid of a state of change"

~~~~~~

Jongin's bedroom was cold.

Glass covered the wooden floor. Blood covering the edges of a few of the shards as it reflected the sun's light. Next to the pile of glass lay a picture. On the picture was Kyungsoo and Jongin. Kyungsoo's wide eyes harboring a new found light, his narrow shoulders and petite structure becoming more pronounced next to Jongin's broader shoulders and taller height. Jongin's lean arm wrapped around Kyungsoo's waist, giving the impression he was drawing the older boy in. Their faces were slightly smudged with blood splatters. Kyungsoo's face having been lightly covered by a dirty red finger print.

A gentle hue lit up the room, leaving a light orange umbra on the walls. Dried tears and blood colored Jongin's face as the glare of the sunlight set them further in his skin, a single arm dangling lifelessly off his bed. Fingers occasionally twitching. Lying open, slightly on top of the broken glass, was his journal. With the contents exposed and the early morning sun illuminating the clear black words on the paper.

~

Tuesday 25th March 2014

Kyungsoo is dead.