{ 1: salsa }

I Hope You Will

{ 1: salsa }

 

“But gege!” Tao whined as he clutched onto Yifan’s arms, trying to sway the older with his infamous aegyo. “Teach me to dance!”

 

Yifan patiently sighed as he tapped Tao’s shoulder. “Zitao, salsa can’t be learned in a day. I’ve had dance lessons when I was younger so I was able to master it.”

 

Tao was about to respond when a judging Baekhyun came into view, butting in the conversation. “Why did you even learn salsa at all, hyung?” He asked in his ‘I’m-totally-judging-you-right-now’ face. Yifan only glared at the guy wearing eyeliner, causing the latter to shiver and slowly back away.

 

“Gege!” Tao repeated, yelling this time as he pouted. “You’re not even paying attention to me,” the said boy sniffed. “And yet you talk to Baekhyun ge.”

 

“I didn’t even answer him!” Yifan incredulously replied. However, Tao didn’t seem like he was paying attention to what the older guy was saying. The former’s eyes now glistened with unshed tears as he bit his lower lip to hide his sniffles.

 

Yifan sighed before gathering Tao in his arms, patting his back as the latter rested his face on the former’s shoulder. He gently caressed his hair as Tao continued to cry silently. “Why are you so keen on learning salsa, anyway?” Yifan quietly asked. “Aren’t you more into the hip-hop dances?”

 

The younger guy bit his lip once more; not answering as he buried his face further onto Yifan’s neck. Truthfully, he’s not interested in salsa at all. He only wanted to spend more time with his gege, and if that meant learning salsa, he’d gladly accept it with open arms.

 

“Geurae,” Yifan conceded, lightly separating himself from Tao. Yifan slightly bent in order to face him on eye level, wiping the remnants of his tears with a soft smile painted on his face. “Don’t cry, hmm? Ge will teach you if that’s what you want.”

 

Baekhyun, who was secretly peering from the kitchen, shook his head silently. “Whipped,” he muttered under his breath before leaving the two. “Hook, line, and sinker.”

 

…And so Yifan spent the next two hours teaching Tao the basics of salsa. Needless to say, Tao only stepped on his foot a billion times, but his smile never faltered. If any, his smiles only grew bigger at each minute before enthusiastically teaching the younger, encouraging him with cheery voice.

 

“Duì bù qǐ, ge.” He sadly apologized, keeping his head low. “I’m so bad at this–”

 

Yifan only rewarded him with a soothing smile. “Méi guān xi, Zitao-ah,” he responded. “I’m just glad I spent time with you.”

 

Before Tao noticed it, the older guy already dipped his head to his, successfully meeting his lips.

 

 

A/N: Geurae = Alright ; Duì bù qǐ = I'm sorry ; Méi guān xi = It's okay