An Older Brother

While You Slept, I Fell in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Together turns out to be Jongin arriving before Baekhyun—“Stuck in traffic, Jonginnie. I’m almost there!”—and finding someone in Chanyeol’s room. Panic rises up in his chest, and before he can back out of the room, the man turns and notices him.

“Can I help you?” The man approaches him, an unsure smile on his face while his eyes study Jongin. “Are you a friend of Chanyeol?”

Jongin realizes he is still standing in the entrance, mute and staring. Because the man is very, very attractive. Jongin goes through his lines in his head, all the possible responses he could give, but none of them comes out. It’s the same effect Chanyeol had on him only multiplied tenfold.

The man extends a hand. “I’m his brother, Junmyeon.”

Jongin sees it now, the faint traces of Chanyeol and Kyungsoo in Junmyeon’s features—like the hair, the shapely neck, the thick brows. But the similarities end there. Junmyeon has a regal look, with pouty lips and a carefully crafted porcelain face. He’s beautifully handsome where Chanyeol is ruggedly handsome even while wearing a suit. Junmyeon would look devastatingly attractive in a suit. Oh god, where did that thought even come from?

He takes the offered hand for lack of a better response. “J-Jongin.”

Their handshake takes a little longer than usual, and Junmyeon laughs. “I’m sorry for asking, but where do you know him from? You don’t look like a lawyer.”

“I don’t?” Of course he doesn’t. Not in his raggy sweater and washed-out jeans. Why hadn’t he dressed better today? Right. Because he hadn’t been expecting to meet anyone, much less his travel prince’s y older brother.

Junmyeon looks at him from head to toe, and Jongin can feel a blush coming on. Being checked out like this makes his skin buzz pleasantly. “I don’t see lawyer in you.”

Jongin is too flustered to respond.

“I mean, not that you have to be a lawyer to be my brother’s friend,” Junmyeon quickly corrects. “But just, I’ve never seen you before and…you know what, never mind. I’m being rude.” He steps aside with a laugh and sweeps his hands toward Chanyeol’s sleeping figure, as if presenting him to Jongin.

He walks up to the bed and stares at his traveling prince. Chanyeol is still unconscious and sleeping peacefully. A peace that will be obliterated once he wakes up and finds the mess Jongin has made. He never meant for things to get so complicated. That day, he only wanted to make sure his travel prince was safe and sound.

And now he was a big fat liar, taking advantage of Chanyeol’s lovely and generous family.

“The doctor says talking helps,” Junmyeon says. “To wake him up, I mean. I’ve been trying, but…no luck.”

“Don’t give up yet,” Jongin says. “I-I’m sure he’ll wake up soon.”

“You hear that, you big oaf?” Junmyeon says to his unconscious brother. “Jongin here says you’re gonna wake up. So wake up before you miss his handsome face!” When Chanyeol doesn’t react, Junmyeon sighs.

Jongin is having trouble getting his pulse under control, because did Junmyeon just call him handsome? “I…I need to go.”

“Oh? So soon?” Junmyeon pouts a little bit. “And here I was hoping you’d keep me company for a while. It gets really boring with sleeping beauty over there,” he points at Chanyeol, “But okay. Come by any time, Jongin.”

Jongin waves, then bows, then waves again, and almost eats the door as he exits the room. He power walks to the elevators and presses the down button a million times. He can’t do this. He can’t lie to Junmyeon. He can’t—

When the doors slide open, Baekhyun knocks into him. “Ow, hey! Were you waiting for me here all this time?”

Jongin grabs the smaller man. “Baekhyun, I can’t do this,” he hisses.

Baekhyun takes off his scarf and gives Jongin a concerned look. “Can’t do what?”

“Lie to another person! I j-just can’t.”

“What are you—Junmyeon, hey! ” Baekhyun’s grin is wide as he looks around Jongin. “Have you met Chanyeol’s fiancé?”

The change in Junmyeon is immediate. He goes from friendly brother to protector knig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter