A New Beginning

While You Slept, I Fell in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s March. The snow completely melted a couple of weeks ago, but it’s still cold enough for coats and scarves. Jongin wraps his poodle patterned scarf—a gift from Baekhyun and Chanyeol—around his neck as he rolls his seat over to Sehun.

“Don’t talk to me,” his best friend says. “I hate you.”

“Drama queen,” Jongin says.

Sehun stops typing on the computer and faces him. “You’re leaving me here to rot! How will I survive the dull hours now?”

“I’m sure Tao will keep you busy.”

Sehun makes to kick him. “He doesn’t like it when I bother him at work. And it’s not the same.”

Jongin sighs. “I’ll only be gone for a month, Sehun. I think you can survive that long.” With a little—okay, maybe a lot—of pushing from his friends, Jongin signed up for a Eurotrip-slash-photography class. He is going to travel all over Europe taking pictures of famous landmarks and other cultural sites. By the end of the trip, he’ll get a certificate and the photos will be exhibited to the general public. It’s exciting and terrifying. It’s an adventure and Jongin could hardly contain his excitement these last few days.

“Whatever.” Sehun faces the front again and helps a customer. Once he’s done, he looks at Jongin again. “You better keep me updated. I didn’t spend an entire week teaching you how to use Instagram for nothing, okay? I want pics every day.”

“Yes, mom,” Jongin says and rolls away to his booth when Sehun tries to punch him.

The other follows him but suddenly stops. “I think you have a customer.”

A blue envelope lands on top of Jongin’s keyboard. He jerks back in surprise and then glances up. Breath stalls in his lungs, because standing across his counter is none other tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter