bracelets

Elude
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're pretty stupid, you know?"

Woohyun tries to open up his eyes again. With a pained groan, he shifts his eyes to the left where Myungsoo was sitting upright on his bed, staring at him.

"W-What…?"

"I said, you're pretty stupid." Myungsoo repeats. "You shouldn't have done that to Sunggyu hyung."

Woohyun was at the moment having a major migraine. All suddenly came flashing back to him as the last thing he remembers is getting a strong hit on the face before he out. The last thing he needs right now is Myungsoo's nagging. But he doesn't really dare to make it stop, too afraid to get hit again.

Woohyun closes his eyes to let the headache subside. Myungsoo continues on talking.

"We all thought you were dead for a while." He hears the other chuckle. "Sunggyu hyung can throw quite a punch right?"

Woohyun slowly puts a hand on his head, massaging it. "Tell me about it."

Myungsoo stands himself up from the bed and walks over to the sink. He wets a towel and twists it around to squeeze out the excess water. He then folds it neatly before he's walking back to the beds.

"Here." Myungsoo doesn't place it Woohyun's forehead like the other expected to. Instead, he hands then to the injured other, waiting for Woohyun to grab it. Woohyun is thankful, but he doesn't talk. He takes it and gently presses the wet cloth over his head. The headache was slowly disappearing.

Myungsoo goes back to his side of the bed with the same position as before, staring at Woohyun once again. "It's already night time. You've been out the whole day."

Woohyun almost falls off bed when he hears that. "T-That long?!"

"That's why we thought were a goner. But they carried you all over to the infirmary and confirmed you were still alive."

Woohyun frowns at Myungsoo's words. "I'm not that weak…"

"Yeah right."

"Believe me!"

Myungsoo ignores him and starts to lie on his back. "Go to sleep."

"Alright…" Woohyun sighs. "Good night."

+

Woohyun gets awoken the next day at a very early time. It was just before sunset when he feels his bed shaking, and he wakes up to the sight of Myungsoo kicking the bed post with his feet.

"Let's go." Myungsoo was all dressed up in their trainee uniform, his hair still dripping wet maybe from the shower. "Get up, take a shower and get dressed."

"Where are we going?" Woohyun was still feeling kind of hazy and groggy, but he forces his body to at least sit up to avoid any conflicts.

Myungsoo didn't have his eyes on the other as he was how fixing his belt. Woohyun catches himself staring and slaps a palm on his cheek. Myungsoo sees this, raising a suspicious brow.

"Did you just…?"

"Y-Yeah. Kinda sleepy."

Myungsoo takes the excuse and nods. "Hurry up, I said let's go."

"But where are we going?"

Myungsoo finally answers him. "There's a meeting for the newcomers. All of you are required to go with your designated seniors. Unfortunately, me."

Woohyun doesn't feel offended at the obvious dislike of Myungsoo towards him. He was thinks he should get used to the harshness of everybody here anyways. Woohyun got a blackout on his first day here, so anything less than that shouldn't really surprise him.

"If you take too long, I'll leave you behind."

Woohyun starts running to the shower.

+

Myungsoo confidently leads him around the hallways of the building. Around them were trainees and seniors too, all seeming to be heading to the same direction. Nobody orders them to, but they all form double files. One for the trainees, and the other for their seniors. Nobody also told them to be quiet, but nobody is speaking.

Myungsoo stays by his side, and Woohyun is starting to get familiar to the other. Myungsoo probably doesn't like him though, but Woohyun could really use a friend around here. If that's even possible, that is.

The files of people eventually venture to the stairs. Their boots make the building shake beneath their feet with their stomping bouncing off the walls noisily. Woohyun gets tired after two flights, but he knows he shouldn't stop there. Not when dozens of more teenagers are right behind him.

After what seemed to be eight flights of stairs, they arrive at the rooftop. As soon as Woohyun takes a foot in, the strong breeze hits him right across the face. He stumbles backwards a bit, but a hand holds the back of his neck steadily.

"Wimp." Myungsoo nicknames, letting go of his neck. "It was just the wind."

Woohyun ignores his senior's comment and rubs the back of his neck where Myungsoo had just touched. Somebody from behind him tells him to hurry up, and he goes back to his senses and enters the spacious rooftop area with the wind swallowing him wholly.

He didn't think it was possible, but it was. Everybody in the building fit the rooftop area just fine, and it was amazing how everybody was so dead silent. The trainees all sit together at the left side, while their seniors were all together at the right.

There was a certain distinction in acknowledging if one is a trainee or a senior. Despite the exact same uniform they all wear, the seniors all wear the same metallic bracelet around their right wrists. Woohyun's only noticed it know though, and wonders why he's failed to realize it before.

Another thing he realizes is that the bracelets all were of different colors. At the moment, Woohyun could only count three kinds of colors. There was yellow, which majority seemed to wear, there were also a great amount wearing blue. And lastly, there was black, a color only a few were wearing. Black was Myungsoo's color. That, for Woohyun, is definitely an enigma.

As time passes by Woohyun wonders what they all were doing in the rooftop. And just like on cue, a soldier who's been watching them steps up on the edge of the roof. Woohyun familiarizes him as Taemin. Woohyun hopes he doesn't fall.

Not a hint of fear was present on Taemin's face as he spoke aloud for everybody to hear. "Building 3 trainees." He calls out. "Also known as the newcomers, all eyes and ears on me please."

Everybody listens and watches Taemim intently. The soldier starts speaking again. "I'm pretty sure all of you know who I am. My name is Taemin, and I am in charge of all the new trainees. Official training starts today, but all of you will be divided into groups."

Just then, another man steps on top of the edge of the roof. He wasn't a soldier like Taemin, but he had a black bracelet with him. "My name is Doojoon, one of the senior leaders also tasked to take care of all newbies like you." All focus was on Doojoon now. The air suddenly gets tense, and Woohyun wants to escape himself from the harsh wind slapping his face.

"As Taemin-ssi said, everybody will be divided into groups. The groups have been already classified and all of you will proceed to different stages of training with your personal senior as someone who will monitor your performance."

Woohyun didn't like the sound of that. What if he didn't improve? Will they punch him on the face again?

Taemin continues where Doojoon left off. "Doojoon here is an example of the five leaders of the divided groups. We'll introduce the next four after a while, but right now, Doojoon is to explain the rules and regulations inside the dorm building."

Doojoon starts off with a clear of his throat. "Leader of building 3 is also me, so any problems happening inside should be addressed to me where I will look into it first then report it to Taemin-ssi later on."

Doojoon jumps down to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter