Chapter 6

BESTFRIEND

Jessica and her husband were finally arrived at Lee's mansion. They went out from the taxi and then took out their luggage one by one. Jessica's husband paid the taxi driver after they had finished took out their things. "Thank you ahjussi for sending us.." He bowed politely. "You're welcome." They shook hands before the taxi driver left them and continued to look for another passenger.

"Oppa, let's get inside now!." Jessica grabbed her husband arm and walked together into the mansion. "I can't wait to meet them! Especially my mom and my dad." Donghae said while smiling. "Really? Just both of them?." "Yes, just both of them. Why?." He looked at his wife with curiousity. "How about Dara eonnie?." She asked and made Donghae stopped immediately. He gave Jessica 'are-you-serious?' look. "Say something oppa.." "Sica, what with her? You know right, she's just my....." 

"Oppa..I know that you guys are just friend." She cutted off his words.

"Then why are you asking that?."

"I just want to know. Like what you said, she's you friend and you must be missed her right?. There's nothing wrong if I ask you about her." She explained it to her husband. "uhmm..Sica, let us stop talking about her. Better we get inside now, our family are waiting for us." Donghae dropped the topic and Jessica nodded.

As they reached at the main door, they didn't greeted or pushed the bell button. The just entered the mansion without making any noises. The people inside the mansion were all gathered at the living room while waiting for Donghae and Jessica.

 

The husband and wife appeared at the living room and it surprised everyone.

"Everyone, we are home!!." Donghae said out loud. He sounded happy because he met up with his family.

"My son and daughter in law are home!! Welcome home to both of you." Mr. Lee, Donghae's father greeted them. He's so happy and excited because his son and his daughter in law were finally home. He's then followed by Donghae's grandparents and cousins. They welcome them by hugged and loved.

"Anyway where's mom?." Jessica asked and looking around to find her mother in law. "She'll be here and join us late. She has something important to do." "Okay..." Jessica sat down next to her husband on a couch. They were all having a conversation while waiting for Mrs. Lee.

"Eonnie!! How are you doing now? I still haven't hear any news from both of you." Lee Ji Eun, Donghae's cousin asked.

"I'm doing good and what news do you want to know? I think I have updated everything about me on my instagram account." She asked wondered.

"Eonnie.. I meant another news. A very good news!!!." She said while put her hand on top of her belly and wiped her belly. Jessica realised her action and finally she realised what kind of news does she meant.

"Ji eun ah! Can't you just said it? Do you really have to do that?." Grandpa asked as he find it annoying. The rest of them just laughed toward both of them. "I can do anything I want grandpa.." She replied.

"Uhmm.. there's nothing in here. Maybe it's not the time yet but I'm pretty sure I'll have something in here soon." She said and flashed a smile. Even she smiled, she still upset about it. Donghae knew how his wife felt. He held Jessica's hand while tried to calm her.

"Don't worry eonnie and please stay strong. I, Lee Ji Eun will aways support you and prays for you!!!." She said just to make Jessica happy and smiled. "Thanks Jieun.." She got a replied from Jessica.

 

"Aigoo...my son and daughter has returned. I missed you guys so much." Someone's voice was heard by people inside the mansion. They startled a bit and then saw Mrs. Lee entered the living room with a smiled.

"Mom!!."

"Donghae ya~~~." She ran to get her son and hugged him. "I missed you a lot!! How are you mom?." Donghae asked as he hugged his mom with loved. "I'm fine son." She patted her son's back and she's in tears. Donghae then broke the hugged and called Jessica.

"Sica.."

"Mom.."

"My daughter in law Sica!!." Jessica went to Mrs. Lee and hugged her, so did Mrs. Lee. "How have you been?." Mrs. Lee asked worrily. "I'm doing good. Mom, please don't cry...." She broke the hugged and wiped away Mrs. Lee's tears. "I missed you, that's why I'm crying." Then they continued with hugged and said missed each other nonstop. The grandparents couldn't stand it as they were all in tears just like Mrs. Lee, so they broke them both from hugging too long.

"I feel hungry suddenly. Everyone, let's have a dinner. Tonight's menu is the special menu to celebrate our Donghae and Jessica." Grandpa spoke up, tried to brighten up the mood.

"Harabeoji is right. Let's eat now~~~." Lee JI Eun continued.

All of them agreed  and they walked together to the dining room. There were lots of food prepared just to welcome both of Donghae and Jessica.

"Wow it look delicious!!!." Jessica felt happy as she saw many foods there on the dining table.

"Of course dear, it is really delicious. You can have all of it." Mrs. Lee said to Jessica.

"Really??? Then I will have it all~~." She said jokingly. They were all having a great dinner while had a conversation. After they had finished their dinner, Jessica and Donghae excused themselves to their room.

 

"Ahhh... I am really longing for my bed. It's so great to be back here." Donghae jumped onto his bed. Jessica chuckled at the antics of her husband. She put down her handbag and luggages on the floor. She then sat at the edge of the bed and called her husband. "Oppa.." She cleared . "Hmm.." "I am sorry about just now. I didn't meant to ask you about Dara eonnie." She asked an apologised. She lowered her head down, didn't have enough couraged to look into her husband eyes. Donghae stood up and face his wife. He held her shoulders and locked his gaze into her eyes. "It's okay Jessica but please don't do that again. You know right I only have you while Dara just in the past. She's a wife now, a wife to a husband named Kwon Ji Yong." He had forgiven his wife. Jessica is the only woman that he love and the only woman that he married with. He doesn't need another woman to be his wife because he only attracted to one and only girl named Jessica Jung Soo Yeon. "Thanks oppa and I promise you that I will never do that again." Jessica hugged her husband. She knew that Dara is Donghae's friend but she also knew that Dara was Donghae's girlfriend. They were a couple for about five years, that's what Donghae told her. She might get jealous easily if she sees Dara and Donghae together.

***

Jessica P.O.V

It's still early in the morning but I decided to wake up even I'm sleepy. I decided to go to my parents house since I didn't pay them a visit yet since I got back from abroad. I yawned and looked over to my right and just to find that my husband who's sleeping and he snored a bit. I get off from my bed and grabbed my towel then I went to the bathroom. It's may be crazy to take a bath in this early morning with the cold weather but I didn't even care because there's water heater. No need to worry about, it solved in a blink of eye.

After I had finished, I went to my wardrobe and wore a nice clothe.

I bought this set of clothing when I was abroad and this is when I first met my husband. It still look new because I rarely use it. While the heels, my husband gave me that on my birthday. I had almost finished with myself when I heard a voice.

"Sica ya, where are you going in this early morning?." I looked at the mirror and saw my husband's reflection. He sat up with his messy hair but it's cute.

"I'm going to my parents house. I want to meet them and spend this whole day with them." I answered to him. "Why did you just tell me?!! You can ask me to come with you." He sounds surprised. "I know you're tired oppa, so I don't want to bother you." My husband really looked tired and I'm concerned toward him. We took a long flight yesterday and when we reached home, it's already night. Not just my husband but I'm tired too. But what can I do? I missed my family a lot so I have to forget my tiredness as long as I can meet my family.

"It's okay Sica. You wait here while I'll take a bath and then we go together." He said. I can't stopped him from not going with me. He's my husband so I have to obey him. "Okay oppa." I smiled. He then jumped out of bed and then grabbed his towel and went straightly to the bathroom. I felt sorry and proud at the same time of him because even he's tired, he still want to go with me. He always sacrified himself and he also never care about his tiredness as long as I'm happy. He did that for me, for his family and people whom he loved. While me, I got jealous easily of him when he's with his friend, Sandara Park. They're just friend and I knew that but still I'm scared if they're getting back together. I'm scared if Dara eonnie took him away from me and I'll be all alone. But...after I heard the news of Dara eonnie was getting married with Kwon Jiyong, I felt calmed and happy. When she's married, that's meant no one can ever disturb us anymore and we can live happily. We had our own live and Dara eonnie had her own live.

That's what I thought about them, Dara eonnie and oppa.

Am I that bad to think such things like that? It seemed like I didn't believed in Oppa and his love toward me.

I was wronged to think like that about my husband. I felt that I'm stupid and I felt sorry toward him and Dara eonnie too.

"Jessica Jung! You're not finished yet? What took you so long?." I was startled when I heard his voice. I saw him walked out of the bathroom and the went to his wardrobe.

"W-What? I-I'm finished already. I just waited for you." Said me.

"Okay!!." He replied.

 

As both of us had finished, we went downstairs and met our parents.

"Donghae, Jessica. Where are you going?." Mom whose reading a newspaper, put it down as she sees us. "We are going to Sica's parents house." Donghae oppa said. "Really? I just planned to ask you to come with me to a place but I guess maybe next time." Mom said and she kinda sad. I felt sorry for her. "Mom,I'm sorry. I don't know about that." I asked an apologised. "No, it's okay!. Your parents are important so no need to say sorry." She smiled. She's really nice and I'm so thankful and proud to have her as my mother in law.

"Mom. dad, we leave now."Donghae oppa interrupted. "Okay, please be careful when driving on the road." Dad remind us. "Okay dad!." Both of us bowed 90 degree, said our goodbye and then we left. We hold our hand toward the car and being all sweet just like a newly-wed couple.

 

We just took only half an hour to arrive at my parents house. I didn't tell my parents yet about it because I want to make a surprise. Donghae oppa was about to push the bell button but I stooped him. He looked confused and asked me what am I doing. I reached into my handbag and looking for something. When I found it. I took it out and showed it to oppa. "What with that key?." He asked me. I smiled creepily. He didn't get me and asked me "What?." I put the key into the key hole and open it. There's click sound and door can now be opened.

"Why don't you just ring the bell?." He asked me unsatisfied. "I just wanna make surprise to my family." I whispered at him. "Why don't you tell me early? I can help you with that surprise." 'Sorry. i will just tell next time." I said while giggled.

We entered the house and found no one at the the living room. I wondered where's everyone. I walked to the kitchen and there's no one there. Where's mom? At this time, she'll always at the kitchen to do housework but she wasn't here this time. "Where is mom?." I muttered under my breathed. "Sica why not you go upstairs and look for them?." Donghae oppa suggested. He's right! I forgot about upstairs. "Eo.. You're right! Do you want to come with me?." I asked him. "No, thanks. I'll just wait here." He shook off his head. He already sat on the couch. I just nodded and went upstairs. I watched out of my steps because I didn't want to make any noise.

As I arrived upstairs, I walked toward my parents' room. At first I knocked the door but no one answered to it. Then I knocked it again for may times but still there's no one answered to it. I finally decided to just open the door and entered the room. Well, it's kinda rude thought.

What??? I became speechless. My jaws dropped and my eyes became widened. Mom?? At this time?? This is not my mom at all. My mom, Mrs. Jung always got up early and she never slept till this long. I walked to the bed to her said and sat at the edge of the bed. I shook her body. "Mom..mom..mom wake up." I whispered. I didn't want to disturb my dad because he seemed tired. He also snored a bit. "Mom..." I kept shaking my mom body and finally my mom responded to it. She opened her eyes and yawned. Haha...mom is so cute. She sat on the bed and when she saw me... "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" She screamed like crazy. She must be surprised to see me here or maybe she thought I'm a thief?. What worst is, it is a dolphin scream. "Mom. it's me Jessica, your beautiful daughter!!." I praised myself. I shook her body and she finally realised.

"Jessica?? You're here?."

"Yes mom, I'm here!." I smiled. She then cupped my face and kiss my forehead. My mom pulled me into her embraced.

''Since when you're here?? I miss you so much..." She confessed out.

"I just arrived here. I miss you too." I answered her and kissed her on the cheeks. We're longing for each other because we haven't met for so long.

 

"Mom! Why are you screaming?." Someone barged into the room. We let go each other and looked at each other and found out it's Krystal.

"Sica eonnie??." She seemed surprised. "Nae dongsaeng!!!!."

"AHHHHHH!!!!." We Squealed like dolphins. We ran toward each other and hugged tightly. Krystal is one and only sister that I have, so that's why I loved her so much. I loved her more than myself.

 

"What happened? I heard someone is screaming, twice!." Someone barged into the room, again!. I bet it's my husband. He looked worried while looking at us. "Eo? Lee Donghae.." Mom said. "Mom, Sica what happened?." He bowed toward mom and smiled. "Nothing! We just screamed because we're too excited. We haven't met for so long." I said and my husband sighed in relieved. "I thought something bad happened." We just laughed at him because he really looked surprised. But then mom stopped us. "Guys! We should talk at downstairs. Your dad is sleeping peacefully. He's quite weird because when you guys screamed, he didn't even bothered." "You are right mom!! Dad is cute~~~." I said. "Let's go now!." Krystal pulled me along with her to downstairs.

 

"Why you didn't tell me you want to come?." Mom sat down as she finished prepared juices for me and my husband. "I wanna make surprised!." I answered to mom while smiling sweetly. ".....and you did it eonnie! You made me and mom screamed out loud!." My sister was true. It was really working because they were screamed because of me. My planned was succeed then.

"Eo, Sica ya! I have something to give you." My mom spoke up. Then she stood up and walked to somewhere to deal with something. I didn't know what it is and I just waited while drinking my juice and talking to my husband and sister.

"Sica, this is for you." My mom handed me something.....white. A card maybe?.

"What is that?." My husband was faster than me. He asked the question first than me.

"An invitation card." Mom said.

"An invitation card?." I asked while took out the card from the white envelope.

"A birthday party?." I read it out.

"Do you know Hwang Miyoung?." Krystal asked.

"Hwang Miyoung....of course I know. She was my schoolmate and classmate." I stated it out. Hwang Miyoung or Stephanie Hwang, the queen of eyesmiles. The whitest girl in our class, and the most important is everyone knew she liked pink. She had a pink bag, a pair of pink shoe, a pink scarf, a pair of pink sock and almost everthing were pink. We named her Pink Monster. We're not closed back then but we're friends. When teachers gave us assignments to do, I mostly paired up with her. Besides, she also has a boyfriend but he's not a Korean. They looked good together. But after school has ended, we never met each other again. Mayeb once or twice but after that we had lost our connection.

"I think this birthday party is for her son."

"Her son? She's married? With whom? Her boyfriend?." I asked many questions. I never knew that she's married and... I guessed she also didn't know that I'm married. ''They're married three years ago. You are not here when they got married." Krystal told me. "....and she even invited you to her wedding." She continued. I felt sorry and guilty toward Miyoung because I can't make it to her wedding day. 'Eo really?? Then, I will go to her son birthday party. I will make it this time." I said. I really want to go this time. I wany to go because last time on her wedding day I wasn't there but I'm sure that I will go this time. For Stephanie Hwang, my old friend.

 

"uhmm....eonnie..." Krystal called me. She looked at me but I realised there's something wrong with her expression.

"Yes..?."

"H-Have you....have you....met Y-Yoona eonnie?."

"............"

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------