For Conny; Another Kim Sunggyu

Birthday Present

 

Kim Sunggyu. Not Kim Sunggyu the leader of Infinite, famous Korean boy-band. Another Kim Sunggyu. But this Kim Sunggyu is almost the same as the famous Kim Sunggyu. Almost everything. The only difference is their voices. This Kim Sunggyu would have been mistaken as the Kim Sunggyu's twin brother if they have everything in common. As a normal Kim Sunggyu, he lives a different life than the Kim Sunggyu. He works as a journalist. He travels a lot to write for his journal which is a well-known travel journal in Korea. Because of his great communication skills and his friendly, positive, easy-going personality, his captain assigns him to do a travel journal about Leipzig.

 

After been on a flight for almost a day, which mostly Sunggyu spends on sleeping and wandering around, the plane finally arrived. Germany is one of the great country that he wants to travel but he knows nothing about it. And to add to his misery, he doesn't know how to speak german well.

 

Just how am I going to survive this? It's okay Sunggyu. You can do this!

 

As he walks out to collect his bag and stuffs, he just remembered that his captain said, to get to Leipzig from Frankfurt, you either have to take a train which is approximately 3-hours-and-a-half duration or a another flight which is approximately one-hour duration. 

And now my misery begin...

 

He runs as fast as he can to catch the train. Even if it's a long journey, but since he missed the flight earlier, he have no other choice. 

 

I'm not going to spend my time doing nothing at the airport in this new and foreign environment. At least, I can get some sleep or enjoy the beautiful view. 

 

Thank goodness, the moment he rushes to the station, the train just arrived. The people are rushing in and out of the train. As Sunggyu heading into the train, a man accidentally pushed a girl on his way out. Sunggyu managed to grab the girl's wrist and pull her inside, which they accidentally hug each other. 

 

Ahhh... you... okay? Sunggyu slowly moves backwards to a normal distance between them.

 

Ehem, thanks... said the girl.

 

You speak english??? his eyes glitters as he sees his luck is not that bad after all.

 

Y-Yes... the girl hesitates to look at Sunggyu.

 

Where are you going, ummm...?

 

Ohhh sorry. I'm Conny. And you are...? she can't believe her eyes when she looks at him.

 

Is this real? Oh my god!

 

I'm-

 

KIM SUNGGYU! OH MY GOD KIM SUNGGYU! IT'S REALLY YOU!

 

How do you-

 

Of course I know you. Infinite's leader Kim Sunggyu, the one I admire so much. All these years I've been supporting and admiring you. I don't know you can speak in english this fluent. Where's-

 

Sorry Conny, but before you're getting all excited, let me tell you, I'm not that Kim Sunggyu...

 

Are you kidding me?!? she looks straight to his eyes, trying to find the truth.

 

Of course not. Why would I lie to a stranger?

 

Why wouldn't you? You're a famous-

 

Conny, listen to me, please. I'm not the famous, Infinite's leader Kim Sunggyu. I'm another Kim Sunggyu. Don't you think my voice is different from his?

 

Now you said it, yes, it is different, but how can you prove that you're not the Kim Sunggyu that I know?

 

I work as a journalist and I'm 27. he shows his ID card.

 

Well, you do look like him, uhmmm Sunggyu...? It feels weird to call you Sunggyu when you're a different Sunggyu.

 

And that is not the first time I've heard that. Conny, can I ask you a favor? A big one? and he looks at her genuinely to see any sign if this idea of his is going to work.

 

Well..., as he continues since there is no respond. I have been assigned to do a travel journal about Leipzig. Are you heading there?

 

To be coincidentally, yes.

 

Are you free this whole weekend? Can you suggest me where to go and how to communicate? Because I barely know how to speak german but I want to know how Germany is, I mean if it's okay with you-

 

But Sunggyu, we barely know each other...

 

Yes I know that, I'm risking my life here but I'm not going to regret this...

 

Hmmm... well, I have nothing to do this weekend so... it's okay I guess.

 

Thank you Conny! Thank you so much! I know I'm not going to regret this.

 

What do you mean by that?

 

I get to know this beautiful, kind girl in front of me too... he shows her the most genuine smile and somehow she is blushing by his action.