Breaking In

Winter Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Bad day huh?" Baek asked. She came in and once she saw me eating a bowl full of ice cubes she knew something was up.  

 

"Pretty ty." I replied whilst still munching on my cold treat. It wasn't often I ate ice but when I did I would usually be upset or just not in a good place in life. Baek took her coat off and sat next to me on the couch I was slouched on. We sat there in silence for a few minutes. I felt a lot better. Being alone, as much fun as it is and as soothing as it is, it's never as enjoyable as when your friend is there with you. I quite enjoyed Baek's company, although I probably would never admit it to her face, she would never let me live it down.

 

With a pep in her step she looked at me, "I'm gonna make you something. It's a surprise though so wait here", she said sprinting off into my kitchen. I smiled a little knowning quite well that it wasn't a surprise and that she would make me the exact same thing whenever I was feeling droopy. It was a dessert we had created back when we were still in highschool together. 

 

 

It was finals week and we were dying from studying, all the note cards and packets and books to read and memorize was practically killing us. Since we were hungry we went into the kitchen and the only things in the cupboards and fridge was a bag of popcorn, chocolate syrup and caramel syrup. In our desperation, we mixed everything in a large bowl and popcomel was born. Since then we always had those things in our kitchens at all times. Baek came out holding two large spoons and a giant bowl. She set it between us, handing me one of the two spoon and we both dug in. 

 

"So you wanna tell me what's wrong?" Baek said with a mouthfull of popcorn. 

I paused for a second. "So you judge me for eating eggs the way I do yet here you are stuffing you face with popcorn." I snickered as she slapped my arm. 

"You're such a hypocrite haha." I poked some more fun at her. 

 

Baek looked frustrated as her words jumbled between pieces of popcorn. 

"Just tell me what happened!" 

 

I put my hands up in defence, "Okay, okay. Calm down. No need to unleash your mighty power." Baek only glared. 

 

I gathered my thoughts and when I remembered what I was supposed to tell Baek, I got sad again. I let out a deep sigh. 

"Baek... It's my new job."

"What about your new job? Oh my god did one of the hot guys ask you out!!" She beamed. 

I scruntched my nose is disgust, "What the , ew. No. Not even close. What I was trying to say is that my new job, well, it requires me to move. Like, out this house and into an appartment near... well actually next to the boys and the company so we won't be seeing each other a lot anymore." 

 

Baek placed her spoon on the table. "Oh." The happy tone in her voice had seemed to disappear. 

 

Oh god please don't cry. If you start crying I'm gonna start crying and it's gonna be a mess. 

 

"And you can't live with anyone else?" she asked. I shook my head. 

 

I stared at Baek and I could see the wheels turning in her head, he face visably changing until she had a sinister grin upon her face. 

 

"Baek, no. What ever you're thinking right now is probably illegal or will get us killed. Stop thinking." 

Baek slides closer to me, evil grin and all. 

 

"So I was thinking..." 

I fall back onto the pillows on the couch, "And she doesn't listen to me, oh my god." 

 

Baek slaps my hands out my face and continues, "We could probably still stay together." I glanced at her. 

 

"How?" 

 

 

___________________________________________

 

 

"Miss Baek are these all your belongings?" The manager asked pointing at my two suitcases. I chuckled, 

"Ah haha yeah, this is it." He gave me a smile and nodded. Manager Kim helped with my suitcases. 

 

"Woah, this is a really heavy bag. What did you pack in here? Rocks?" Manager Kim joked. 

 

I gave a sheepish smile, "Something like that ehehehe." 

 

, I almost got caught. Gotta keep my cool. 

 

We made it to the elevator and manager Kim pressed the 15th floor. It was quiet as the sounds of the elevator filled the tiny space. 

"Are you excited to be working here?" Manager Kim asked. I smiled and nodded. I really was thankful for the job though. 

"Yeah, I'm glad." 

 

"Me too." I gave Manager Kim a questioning look as if to urge him to continue and elaborate on his words. He stuttered a little.

"Ah I-I didn't mean it that way. I mean that it's great to have a new member on our little team. A new co-worker you know?" 

 

Before I got to say anything back, the elevator doors opened and manager Kim dragged the suitcases out the elevator and infront of the door to my new apartment. 

"C10. Here we are, and here are your keys." Manager Kim handed my a small gold colored key. 

 I thanked him as we said our goodbyes. I was finally alone. Standing infront of the door as everything sunk into my head, everything seemed surreal. Too much was happening too fast.

Ah, man this is crazy. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter