Love at first sight?

Winter Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyejin let out a sigh. It seemed like the right thing to do.

 It was the right thing to do.....right?

 

"It must be the right thing to do. Besides, this is my last resort. If this doesn't work I'm doomed." She clicked the grey send button hesitantly, praying that her last application was good enough to get the job.

She rested her head against the cold desk.

“Who am I kidding? Hundreds of people are applying. What are the chances it will be a nobody like me?” Hyejin’s mood turned from fearful to sour in an instant.

I really need to stop my negativity, it’s bad for my skin.

Bing.

 

She peeked at the phone next to her. It was a text from Baek.

 

 

Where are you? You’re gonna miss the festival, it’s beginning right now! Hurry up and get here or else you’re dead.

Love ya~

 

“Why is she so bipolar?” That’s the way she always was, and hasn’t changed at all. Unwillingly, Hyejin stood up and got dressed in lazy sweatpants and a cardigan to go outside and meet up with her more than annoying friend.

The weather was perfect, not too much wind, not too much heat, but just the right mixture of the two. It was nice for her to be outside like this since she never spent any time outdoors. School work consumed most her life, which in turn caused for her to be sort of socially awkward, and the rest of her time she struggled to find a part time job. Hyejin didn’t mind thought. She had one good friend and that was all she needed to survive.

Squinting with her hand over her eyes, in a weak attempt to block the harsh rays of the sun, she spotted a blue head amidst the sea of brown hair. Smiling, Hyejin strode toward the girl and tapped her on the shoulder.

“I’m here-,” Hyejin couldn’t make out a full coherent sentence before Baek tackled the taller girl with a bear hug.

“Oh my gosh you came!” Baek looked genuinely shocked by Hyejin’s mere presence.

Hyejin scoffed, “Of course I’m here, I’m your best friend and it’s my job to contain your stupidity and so you don’t go running off with some guy again.”

It was true. Baek had a tendency to be super naïve and because of that she got her heart ripped out of her chest repeatedly. Going out with so many guys one would think she would get smarter and avoid a broken heart, but Baek was always so innocent. That was one of her charms.

Baek lifted her arm and smacked Hyejin head.

“Ow! What was that for?” Baffled Hyejin asked. Baek scrunched her nose, attempting to make an angry face. And obviously failing.

“I’m not stupid,” she turned away, “I’m just looking for the one.” She answered in a daze, hands clasped together, most likely fantasizing about a guy.

Typical Baek. Always talking, thinking, reading, and breathing love. Every day she would never fail to inform Hyejin in the most spontaneous way about how important or great love was. It got to the point where she would bring banners and print fliers to pin on walls, which ended up being taken down due to public disturbance she was causing but that didn’t soil her happiness.

Hyejin made a fake vomiting sound, “Don’t make me gag Baek. Last time you said you were looking for ‘the one’ he ended up being a leech. He always asked you for money and he even stole all the money we were saving for our vacation!” Hyejin exclaimed only getting angrier with each second.

“Now, now Hyejin. No one’s perfec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter