Deja Vu? More like Done with you.

Winter Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So I realized the point of view changed and I'm too tired to change it, so I'll write like this for the whole story since it feels better, and I'll change the first chapter some time later. Enjoy reading!

 

"Must you annoy me at eight in the god damn morning?" my eyes were shut tightly yet I still saw the rays of sunlight seeping through and bothering me. In a vain attempt to block the unwanted light, I swung my arm straight onto my face slapping myself, a very me kind of way of waking up. Baek, my idiot of a friend, stood there hovering above me as she witnessed the whole thing happen.   

 
 

 
 

"Are you serious? Did you already forget today is the first day of your new job that you will not get fired from because I prayed for you every night." Baek grinned. I threw the covers off my body and sat up, eyes still refusing to open properly.  

 
 

 
 

"Charming."   

 
 

 
 

After scowering the floor for my missing left slipper, and finding it on my desk for some reason, I trudged my way to the bathroom to begin my usual morning routine. Baek stayed behind, the sounds of sheets flutter filled my bathroom. She was at it again.  

 
 

With a mouth full of toothpaste foam I marched into my room. "Hey! I told you to stop making my bed. It makes me feel like I don't do anything around here." She stopped in her tracks and blankly stared at me.  

 
 

 
 

"Because it physically makes me ill when a bed isn't made. Bad habit of mine, and I sure as hell know you aren't going to make it so I'm taking on the responsibility." she said and went back to smoothening out the covers.  

 
 

 
 

"Well then."  

 
 

I once again made my way to the bathroom and didn't come out until I finished everything. Today was an important day. After checking the mirror one last time for any pimples or smudged make up, I shuffled my way down stairs. From the smell filling up my nose I could tell Baek was in the kitchen making her famous scrambled eggs.   

 
 

"I'm starving. What's good?" gripping the fridge door  I opened it and scanned the first two shelves. It where all the good stuff happened to be. Whenever Baek comes over, she reorganizes my food and since I never really minded much I let her do what she wanted. With much contemplation I took out a carton of orange juice, from the weight of it, it seemed half full, and drank straight from it. Taking out a glass was drag.  

 
 

"You are an animal," Baek side eyed me and shivered making gagging motions, "That's so gross, just use a stinking cup." 
  

 
 

"Whatever. Are you done with the eggs yet? I need to leave in like ten minutes." My clock was off by three minutes, never really got around to fixing it. She settled the plates on the table.  

 
 

"Ready! Take a taste of Miss Baek's world famous scrambled eggs!" She smiled in triumph. The smell was incredible as my mouth began salivating. I took a spoonful of the eggs and instantly tasted the soft texture and incredible flavors. I was convinced she used magic to somehow enhance the flavors because there was nothing else that tasted like this.   
  

 
 

"Woah woah woah, slow down. At this rate you're going to swallow the spoon." Baek joked snickering at my way of consuming the food, which was shoveling it in my mouth.   

 
 

"Don't tell me how to live my life."   
  

 
 

She raised her hands up in defeat. "Okay, you do whatever you want."   
  

 
 

The room got silent and there was just the noise of spoons clanking on the plates.  
  

 
 

"You still look like a pig though."  
  

 
 

"HEY!"  

 
 

  

 
 

___  
  

 
 

  
  

  
  

 
 

The weather that morning was windy and dark clouds had seemed to have taken over the blueness that was once the sky, if that even made sense. Mother nature must've had a crude sense of humor because the forecast called for clear skies and sunshine all week with little to no wind and here I am in shorts and a thin jacket freezing my off. Let's just say that I'm not very fond of the cold and whenever I do come in contact with cold air I tend to get colder faster than other people.   
  

 
 

"Crap. I'm going to be late at this point." It was inevitable. I could feel goosebumps forming on my exposed skin.   
  

 
 

"Think warm thoughts Hyejin. Warm, like the dessert. No that's burning. Warm, warm. Think warm..." I trailed off.  I was so submerged in my thoughts I hadn't seen the guy looking at his phone walking straight toward me. We both clashed, his phone and my bag went flying in the air. Everything happened in a blink of an eye that my brain had no time to process the current situation.  His foot tripped my own and I instinctively grabbed the nearest thing, which was his coat, and pulled him down to the ground with me. Important documents from my bag dispersed into the air, scattering in all different directions. A small shattering sound also registered in my ears but I was more concerned about my papers that allowed me to get into my job getting away from me.   

 
 

  

 
 

"We can't keep meeting like this."   

  

 
 

I looked up to meet a grin. It was the same guy from a couple of days ago, and now I am on top of him once again. This was going to be a long day. My face flushed red and the cold air didn't seem that cold any longer.   

 
 

  

 
 

Just kill me. Kill me now.  

 
 

  

 
 

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." I squeaked out, pulling him up from the ground. He patted his coat to get rid of the dust.   

  

 
 

"It's fine. But I don't think my phone is." I followed his eyes and got ahold of what he was staring at. A small gasp escaped and fear etched on my face. There lay his cell phone, smashed to pieces on the hard concrete.  He seemed indifferent about it, and here I was creating more stress for myself.  

 
 

  

Oh my god. I'll have to buy him a new phone! WITH WHAT MONEY? oh my go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter