You?

Winter Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi... 

I apologizes about the really long wait. I've been going through a lot lately and highschool is tough. I will be updating as much as I can. 

 

"What do you mean you don't know if they're good looking?"

 

"Exactly that." 

 

Baek squirmed around in frustration at the half assed answers I was giving her. 

"Hyejin you're so... Okay so tell me if they were good looking." She tried again. 

"I don't know." It wasn't a complete lie... yes. Yes it was, because they were HOT. 

 

Baek groaned and promptly gave up pestering me after she realized I wouldn't budge. I snickered at her for her effort. 

 

I laid down on my couch and watched the television screen but the harder I focused on the show the more my mind kept wondering about how I was planning to survive my job. Before I had left the actual building I had one last talk with Mr.CEO boss. He told me all his employees received two weeks off for break and gave me the option to cash in those two weeks right away or save them for a different time. Clearly I took the two weeks off right away. Just the thought of staring my job so quickly made me shiver. 

ew

"Baek, I need coffee. I'm going to go down the street. You want anything?" I asked the bored Baek. 

"A man." She replied, eyes glued to the T.V.

I rolled my eyes at her.

"I'm getting you a fruit smoothie." And with that I closed the door behind me and walked myself over to the small but well known cafe. It was a very low key cafe where you had to know where to go to find it or else you'd end up on a wrong street corner. A couple years back I had spent a lot of time in that particular cafe, drinking coffee and being a loyal customer. It was a place where I often went to as a sort of place to relax and get my thoughts together. As I entered through the doors my nose filled with the scent of freshly ground coffee beans. 

"Hi Auntie!" I greeted the small lady behind the counter furiously wipping a stain. She momentarily looked up and smiled at me. 

"The usual right Hyejin?" She asked continuing her work. "Yep." 

 

I sat down at the nearest window seat and rested my feet for a bit. I could feel my feet throbbing. I was prone to getting blisters on my feet alot. Sensitive feet, just something I was born with and had to learn to live with. 

While waiting, I thought about going shopping to get groceries since I was pretty sure the fridge was empty and I knew that Baek was going to pester me till no end if I didn't get any food.

 

"Here you go hun." Auntie placed the hot cup at my table. I reached for my pockets but before I could take out my money and pay for the drink she stopped me. "It's on the house Hyejin. You already do enough for me." She smiled and waddled away. I smiled at her walking figure.

 

Hyejin make a mental note. Remember to help out Auntie sometime later.

 

 Taking off the top I blew on it to cool the scalding liquid down. I let out a long and tired sigh. Thinking about starting my job made me anxious. 

 

How am I going to survive this job? Maybe I should just reject the offer... HAHA no. I need this job. 

 

Snapping out of my thoughts I turned to look out the window. The sun was setting which indicated that Baek was probably freaking out about my disappearance. I grabbed my coffee and stood up to leave. I turned around and began walking, but not even one step in I had already bumped into a worker. 

The boiling hot coffee flew out of my hand staying in the air for a split second and then spiling on to my forearm. The pain took a second to register, but whe it did it hit me like a bunch of bricks.

"AHHHHH! OW OW OW. OH MY GOD THAT HURTS!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. My eyes were watering as I held my now red arm. I looked up to see the stranger who I had bumped into. I was shocked and momentarily forgot about the burning pain and was very confused.

"Oh my god oh my god are you okay?! OH my god I burnt you. I- we need to go to the hospital!" 

I had no time to react when he dragged me by my wrist to his car. Before I knew it I was at the front of the hospital We went to the front desk and asked if we could see the doctor. After waiting for 10 min

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter