[chapter_five;[ask;938]

Best Place

[chapter_five;[ask;938]

 

Jessica was resting her back on the wood wall near the window. She stared at the sky, blue beautiful morning sky which accompanied by clouds. Many colorful birds were flying here and there, chirped to call each other. She really wanted to come out, but too scared to ask permission to the voice… or she could call it as Luhan from now.

Well, it’s not liked she never came out the hut. She’d done it multiple times. But she never knew how her surrounding looked alike. The first time she saw the nature around her was when Luhan left her alone to clean her body. She had an intention to run away once, but Luhan would be always there after she took the shower. As if he always there, watching.

“I made this, eat,”

The plate came through the small hole under the door. There’s delicious burned-fish on top of it. It was the first time for Luhan to not give Jessica just fruits. Although Jessica never protested anything, it was good to have something better than just fruits.

“Lu-“ Jessica closed shut. She never dared calling Luhan by his name. She proceeded to pull the plate closer to her side and tried to eat in silent. “Yes?” but her hand froze in the mid air. Luhan was answered him. It mader her eyes went wide.

“May I... may I go to the toilet, please?” It was ridiculous because there’s no toilet in the forest, but Jessica couldn’t think straight. Luhan’s voice made her mind cloudly. She didn’t know it was good sign or not. Then she let out a small yelp. She had gone to the called toilet in the forest just a while ago. Luhan always mentioned about it and asked if Jessica wanted to do her bussiness for time to time, so she shouldn’t have to hold it for long. And she had done it. Would it be weird if she asked for it again?

“Sure,” Jessica was surprised to find Luhan was fine with it. His step got closer to the hut.

“I-I will wear my blindfold first,” Jessica ran to her bed lamp, took it, and wore it to cover her eyes. It was dark, the view. Jessica had an urge to loosen it down, so maybe, maybe, the blindfold would accidentally fall and she could know where was she actually. But it was cheating, and she didn’t feel right to do it.

“Are you ready?”

Jessica could feel Luhan had stood behind here. He has this fresh scent of flower that Jessica smelled it first time when the guy took her home by carrying her on his back.

“Y-yes,”

Luhan brought her out the hut, passed the trees, some animals and they continued to walk until Jessica felt something swaying under her feet; she’s passing an old bridge with the strong sound of the stream near here. She guessed it was a waterfall. It must be very beautiful. She wanted to see it, but she didn’t dare to ask Luhan to unfold her blindfold.

“I will go to look some foods, wait here until I come back,”

Jessica nodded and waited until Luhan left here to unfold her blindfold. She entered the small cabin that looked alike toilet and after seconds she came out. The wind swayed her hair. It was nice. The fresh green of nature met her eyes. She smiled. She hoped Luhan wouldn’t be mad if he found out that she was lying.                       

“You have finished?”

Jessica was shocked to hear his voice behind her. It was close, very close. When was he comeback? I didn’t her his step!

“Y-yeah,” replied Jessica, shuttered.

“Come on,”

Jessica walked as she bowed down her head. She was afraid Luhan knew that she was lying because that guy didn’t give her any conversation like he used to say. He just continued to lead her to the right way. He didn’t ask if she’s tired or something like it. Is he pretending? Or Is he okay with it?

“Lu-luhan,”

“Yes?”

They would reach the hut soon and Jessica would be inside the hut again until Luhan asked her out. She would do nothing and she didn’t want to be in that situation sooner.

“Ho-how can I safe?”

Jessica decided to ask the problem that had bothered her mind for long. She wanted to test Luhan. If his respond was good, maybe Luhan wasn’t mad at her and she could ask more. But if the respond was the opposite... she didn’t know what to do about it.

“I saved you,” replied he softly, he snickered after it. Maybe Luhan found the question was funny, but Jessica didn’t mind. She was amazed by the sound of his laugh.

“Wh-what’s happened to the guy who chased me?”

“He’s dead,” Luhan continued to reply the question calmly.

“D-dead? How? You?”

“No,” Luhan stepped forward first to keep away the branch that would hit Jessica if she stepped forward. “I did safe you, but I didn’t kill him,” Jessica made a frown. “He killed himself,”

It was silent. Jessica didn’t know how to continue it and Luhan didn’t give her any spesific information beside that.

“Sorry, but whe he chased you?”

“Huh?”

“You don’t have to answer it if you don’t want to,”

“Eum… he was, he was my fiance,” Luhan was surprised to hear it but of course Jessica coudln’t see it. “… he was a person who killed all my family because of money,” added Jessica.                   

“He killed himself after he saw me,”

“Wh-what?”

“Haha… nothing, we have arrived, you can go in now,”

 


Author's Note

wow! it has been two years since the last time I update this- cri