[chapter three;_[outside;708]

Best Place

[chapter three;_[outside;708]

 

She can see the sky has turned orange from her place. Her back resting on the wall; it sick and her legs can’t be use to walk. A full day long—after eat—she only sits and stares the scenery of the sky from the one and only window in the hut. The view isn’t really clear since it’s covered by bars. But this is the only view that can clear her eyes.

 

One by one the could flies slowly in the wind. Sometimes she can see one or two birds fly in a blink. They are flying and vanishing, as if they know there’s someone watching them from the dust room in the middle of forest. Jessica actually doesn’t sure where she is right now. Is she still in the forest or in the corner of city? She doesn’t have a courage to take a peek through the window, her paranoid mind has successed controlling herself. Imagining if suddenly the face of her chaser suddenly pop up from it and ready to break the bars by his sickle make Jessica freaks out. That’s too scary to imagine and scarier if the scene really happening. With her current condition like this, Jessica doesn’t have much hope to escape again.

 

“You, please turn your body,”

 

The stranger voice can be hear again after long time it disappears. Jessica thinks, the person has gone to leave her. But her mind erases in a second.

 

She really wants to turn back to see the look of her hero—maybe. She knows the owner of the soft voice is standing in the same room with her now. Hiding in the side of the dark one, he is staring at Jessica, waiting that girl to obey his orders.

 

Jessica still want to live long, so she obeys the order carefully. She turns to another side, her back facing the darkness. The tramp without sound makes the wooden floor tremor as the dust suddenly flies. Her heart beating rapidly, Jessica takes deep breath silently.

 

“Calm down,” a soft fabric suddenly wraps Jessica’s eyes. Covering her vision that had been better since a while ago. “I will help you to stand up,” the gentle hands touch Jessica’s skin carefully. Give some warms to her little body.

 

Standing difficultly, Jessica begins to get guide slowly to help her to walk, but she doesn’t know where she will go to. She can’t guess where the place that will face her. But her question get the answer when her feet can feel the soft dew soaks it. It’s flat and not rough. She is standing on the middle of the lush grass. She is outside.

 

“Wait and never think to run away,”

 

Jessica swallows her saliva hardly as pair hands release their grip. She can’t run away even though she can stand up now. She still need someone to help her in walk. Plus, her vision is covering by soft fabric that so thick until she can’t see the light anymore, only darkness. What she can do is waiting, and waiting. That’s the only activity she can do until her condition recover. She doesn’t know until when she must waits. She also isn’t sure she can safe.

 

Perhaps if someone calculates it with stop watch, Jessica has stood outside more than one hour. The cold night breeze starts to caress her body. She isn’t fully covered by cloth. Her dress, the last thing she wears, has torned here and there. Her handkerchiefs don’t protect her slim fingers anymore. Her legs mostly fight with the breeze. She is shaking.

 

“Sorry to keep you waiting,”

 

Jessica jerks as pair hands touch her hands so suddenly. She lost her balance and falls on the damp grass. Her body back to sore here and there. “Sorry,” the soft voice back to help her ups. They don’t give a single interaction anymore besides he guides Jessica to enter the room. Her shaky legs can feel the texture of the wooden floor under her toes. Her surrounding isn’t cold anymore. She’s sure she has back inside the hut.

 

“You can release your blindfold,”

 

Slowly, Jessica releases her blindfold, puts down the soft fabric to get her view back. Her eyes still dizzy and need time get it normal again. “Uwah~” her little voice escape from her lips. The dust room has cleaned; two blanket fold neatly at the corner of the room; the small sleep lamp near them.

 

“Change your cloth, I had brought it,”

 

Jessica walks slowly to the pair of cloths that hide inside the blanket. She takes it and brings it to the side of the dark one to change it.

 

 

 


Author's Note

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! YAAAYYY!!! Hope we will get some miracles in 2015. Hope our bias will not get into trouble and scandal anymore~~ Let's be happy together. No more sad. No more angst <--- except in the story. XD Take care of your health guys, don't catch a cold^^