Colorless

Colors of Your Lips
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

(RYEOWOOK'S POV)

 

I released a deep breath and glanced at the white walls in front of me. I'm at a hallway of the hospital, waiting for Kyuhyun. I was so nervous I don't even know why. I even decided to skip some of my school days just to bring him here and finally take medications. Of course I didn't tell Kyuhyun I took a leave from my classes. He wouldn't want it. I know that he'll say to me that I shouldn't be minding him this far.  But I don’t want that. What I want is to be with him through this journey and witness him get better.

Kyuhyun comes first. First than anything else.

That's been what I am up to these days and I am sure I changed a lot from being an uninterested man towards everything to a guy who seeks many things in a day.

I seek for Kyuhyun.

He's up to my mind for some time now. After vacation of two months, I've always been thinking if I shouldn't go back into schooling. I've always been thinking that I should just stay with Kyuhyun, on his enormous bed, sitting right next to each other as we play games. I wanted to hear more laughter, more of his voice. More of him.

I sighed deeper, looking at my watch. It's only five minutes after Kyuhyun walked in the room with the doctor but I was never patient every time we go here. My chest felt heavier despite that I should be relieved. Though I'm not very religious, each time we go to the hospital for his treatment, I start to pray that this medication will work. Only when he will come out from the room then I can let out a bag of air that seemed to be burdening my chest.

"I'm done!" His voices reached me when he opened the door. After seeing him come out I immediately made him sit at his wheel chair. I became protective of him even more when he started taking treatments. I stay beside him like I am some sort of a paranoid mother. Maybe even overly attached.

I promised after him resting when we get back home from the hospital, we would play games. Any game he wants to try. This is our routine. It also seems like I need to move out from my own apartment since Kyuhyun always ask me to stay with him every night.

Waking up, seeing his sleeping face every day near to mine, it's a moment that was simply sending smiles to my lips. Days we wake up cuddling each other won't shock us anymore. We are that close. We were that comfortable to each other.

"Ryeonggu." His voice spoke my name while we make our way to exit the hospital. Outside awaits us Kyuhyun's dad and the car for our way to go home.

"What is it?" I slowly pushed the wheel chair he is on and look at his eyes that were doing the same on mine.

"You will be always here, right? Even if I get better, you will still take care of me?" He sounded soft. Gentle. The way his eyes search for answers on my face was looking frantic.

I hit him lightly on the head.

“You’re really an idiot are you? Of course I will always take care of you. Even if you can lift cars and trucks with your strength, I will.” I messed his hair this time and stopped moving the chair for the moment while I was at it. He chuckled and nodded.

“Don’t worry, okay?” I reassured him for another time and headed back to the car. I was surprised when Kyuhyun held one of my hands that were pushing the wheel chair. I wasn’t going anywhere yet he placed his hand on top of mine as if I will let go. Why do I have a feeling like that? But still, a smile went up to my lips and held his hand in return instead. I looked at him at the same time he looked at me. When our eyes met, we smiled in an instant. It was like a silent hint. A wordless signal. I don’t know what it means but I feel that we exchanged something no words can explain. I don’t hate the feeling. But it does make my heart a little bit shaky. Not a little bit. Scratch that. It was pounding hard as Kyuhyun held my hand tighter as we go on. He even leaned his head on the side where our hands are connected. In that moment I felt complete. Even if the closest man I am with has a sickness like this, I feel lik

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter