Pale

Colors of Your Lips
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

(RYEOWOOK'S POV)

 

Sounds of laughter was all over, the voices filled the huge room. It was a day with Kyuhyun again. Another day to spend time with him. The vacation ended two months ago, and before going to the university, I spend a little time with him. Going back here straight instead of my own place is now natural to me. It feels like a day without going here means nothing.

"Kyuhyun..." I watched as his laughter slowly fade away when I called his name in a serious tone.

"What is it?" He wondered, eyes asking what's wrong as he looked at me.

"Its been four months. Time passed quickly don't you think?" I faintly smiled at him, knowing that he is aware of where I want to lead this conversation. My fingers played nonsense over the controller I am holding. Nervous. Scared.

"Yeah..." He replied. The surroundings went gloomy, as if we didn't have fun earlier. Few minutes passed and we remained silent. I blankly stared on the still paused game.

"Do you..." I took a deep breath. "Are you still waiting for your death to come?"

I looked directly at Kyuhyun, hoping I will get the answer I want. He remained silent, taking deep breathings from time to time.

"I'm glad I met you, Ryeowook. In these months, I felt so alive. It seemed like I am a normal person with a healthy body. Mornings with you, eating with you, sometimes going out despite of my social anxiety,... there were so many memories to be kept and treasured. And they all happened because of you." I didn't look away from him as he spoke, staring on his lap while smiling faintly. "Its very fun. Knowing you, I finally had a track on time, days, months. Yet time flies too fast. All those times and memories are worth it before dyin--"

"Don't say that! Please..." I suddenly exclaimed. "What are you thinking? You can have more of this! More of... us! Games, eating together, going out..."

"It was really fun. But I'm afraid." He spoke and looked down to his lap. The game was still paused but time isn't.

"Afraid?" I looked directly on his eyes. "Of what?"

"Of... this." He smiled faintly. "I'm afraid that you will get tired of me. I'm afraid you will leave me when I take medications. Because isn't that the reason why you are here? I'm the only child. You're my only friend."

"I am your friend and that's why I want you to take medications! Please? We can continue this until we can. We can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter